Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   How is life as a doctor in Singapore? (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/793-how-life-doctor-singapore.html)

Unregistered 01-02-2022 11:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 200614)
Why must live in bungalow? Why condo or HDB cannot. Dr means must drive Ferrari, cannot drive Toyota? This profession has been poisoned by such expectations. This is why there will not be anymore Dr Tan Cheng Boks or Raymond Yuens, true heroes of the community

Got lah I drive Corolla. HDB. I cant afford anything better. But those are my expectations now. Which frankly is sad and unmotivating. But I may be a true hero of the community? Kum sia.

Unregistered 01-02-2022 11:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 200782)
We have been in the top 0.1% of Singaporeans academically. We sacrificed our teens, 20s, and early 30s to become capable physicians and surgeons finally able to save lives.

So yes, the expectation that we should be able to afford landed homes is not unreasonable. Why should our generation be treated any differently from yours?

Because the world has changed. Previous gen dun have internet. Wiki. Google. Now have. What expertise you talking?

You silly never change. Hang on to old beliefs. Too bad. Reality sucks.

Unregistered 02-02-2022 08:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 200592)
Sad to see junior doctors thinking only in terms of money. Wonder how that differs from what you said during med school interview.

All this talk about financial independence and not a single squeak about serving the public.

Lol…. Get off your moral high horse.

Don’t need to paint one entire generation with the same brush.
And anyway, the “Junior doctors” aren’t the first generation of scum in the medical field.
Plenty of similar cheats in the many generations before who pioneered the way by selling codeine cough syrup, selling unnecessary investigations and treatment packages, and aesthetic treatments which can be easily done by beauticians.

And after all, this is a “salary” forum. You are here because you care about salary and finance.

Unregistered 02-02-2022 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 200961)

And anyway, the “Junior doctors” aren’t the first generation of scum in the medical field.
Plenty of similar cheats in the many generations before who pioneered the way by selling codeine cough syrup, selling unnecessary investigations and treatment packages, and aesthetic treatments which can be easily done by beauticians.

And after all, this is a “salary” forum. You are here because you care about salary and finance.

Maybe one way to stop the greed is to only allow super rich people to be drs.
Eg if you do not have net worth in excess of $10m tnhen cannot enter medical school.
Only super rich become drs then they can choose who they want to treat. Can waive fees as they like also since it is not for the money.
Downside is some may finish med school and only see 1 or 2 patients a day.

Unregistered 02-02-2022 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 200961)

Codeine cough syrup? A family dr at jalan batu happily cashing out where can I report this

Unregistered 02-02-2022 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 200977)
Codeine cough syrup? A family dr at jalan batu happily cashing out where can I report this

Cough syrup is passe
Now is vaccine cert
U nv watch the news?

Unregistered 02-02-2022 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 200977)

Poison pen letter to SMC and pwn your fellow doktor gao gao

Unregistered 02-02-2022 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 200976)
Maybe one way to stop the greed is to only allow super rich people to be drs.
Eg if you do not have net worth in excess of $10m tnhen cannot enter medical school.
Only super rich become drs then they can choose who they want to treat. Can waive fees as they like also since it is not for the money.
Downside is some may finish med school and only see 1 or 2 patients a day.

The super rich definitely do not want to be doctors. Who would want to stick their fingers up another person's rear end?

Unregistered 02-02-2022 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 200783)
PSC scholars and SAForce scholars also top academically. How many stay in GCBs?
Rich Dad Poor Dad states that A students work for C students who are good at making money. Being top academically doesnt mean u make a lot of money
I think you should read the Psychology of Money. Here: s://..com/watch?v=TJDcGv9OH4Q&t=488s
There will always be a bigger fish.

I said Bungalow, not GCB.

Maybe you don't know the difference, or maybe its time to retire those glasses.

Unregistered 02-02-2022 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 200928)
Got lah I drive Corolla. HDB. I cant afford anything better. But those are my expectations now. Which frankly is sad and unmotivating. But I may be a true hero of the community? Kum sia.

Your failure to manage your finances doesn't mean the entire generation should resign to the same fate.