How is life as a doctor in Singapore? - Page 346 - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries




How is life as a doctor in Singapore?

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #3451 (permalink)  
Old 22-01-2022, 09:02 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Iím a medical student in Australia and I want to be able to specialise, do I have a higher chance doing so going back to Singapore or staying in Australia?
depends.
if u aim surgery, it's almost impossible in Australia. their admission criteria is v clearly published on the racs websites. u almost have to be God like to get in..
if u aim medical speciality not hard to get into basic physician training. their AST in hotter fields like cardio and onco also not hard to get in. I like know of at least 2 sg who complete onco and 1 doing cardio and they are...so so. reason is theres v few specialist job in auzzie after they exit. so the locals either become gp or go into surgical specialities and medical speciality less popular.

and no we don't hire a lot of overseas trained speciliast now.

sg training v tough de la.
do till no day no night. when u exit, it's like 5 to 6 years of your life was stolen by someone and then u become the bitch of the department before u become full c. that's if u have a job. at some point the general surgery resident who exited have to do 1 to 2 years of service reg job before being offered ac. some not so good ones not even offered jobs at all. u Google around u will find filled trained FRCS anchoring GP clinic. I think even some AIM speciliast become GPS.

bad time to do med man. nus 300 students. NTU 150 and upping to 200 and eventuallyl 250. Duke going to 100 soon.
every year local is 600 student, speciliast spots restrict at 40 percent max currently and look set to cut to 30 percent. 400 doctor who cannot get a training spot per year. u X 5 years already 2k mo floating in system.
go out to private ur chains gonna just offer u lower and lower salary.

ur future damn bleak man

Reply With Quote
  #3452 (permalink)  
Old 22-01-2022, 10:05 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
depends.
if u aim surgery, it's almost impossible in Australia. their admission criteria is v clearly published on the racs websites. u almost have to be God like to get in..
if u aim medical speciality not hard to get into basic physician training. their AST in hotter fields like cardio and onco also not hard to get in. I like know of at least 2 sg who complete onco and 1 doing cardio and they are...so so. reason is theres v few specialist job in auzzie after they exit. so the locals either become gp or go into surgical specialities and medical speciality less popular.

and no we don't hire a lot of overseas trained speciliast now.

sg training v tough de la.
do till no day no night. when u exit, it's like 5 to 6 years of your life was stolen by someone and then u become the bitch of the department before u become full c. that's if u have a job. at some point the general surgery resident who exited have to do 1 to 2 years of service reg job before being offered ac. some not so good ones not even offered jobs at all. u Google around u will find filled trained FRCS anchoring GP clinic. I think even some AIM speciliast become GPS.

bad time to do med man. nus 300 students. NTU 150 and upping to 200 and eventuallyl 250. Duke going to 100 soon.
every year local is 600 student, speciliast spots restrict at 40 percent max currently and look set to cut to 30 percent. 400 doctor who cannot get a training spot per year. u X 5 years already 2k mo floating in system.
go out to private ur chains gonna just offer u lower and lower salary.

ur future damn bleak man
wa lkc going for 200 now? hear from where one? i thought they cap at 150 sia and recently 168 because to factor in lesser going to train overseas due to covid

Reply With Quote
  #3453 (permalink)  
Old 23-01-2022, 09:51 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Is being a doctor a good career choice nowadays?

Reply With Quote
  #3454 (permalink)  
Old 23-01-2022, 10:50 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Is being a doctor a good career choice nowadays?
No. Better to be a nurse
Reply With Quote
  #3455 (permalink)  
Old 24-01-2022, 06:54 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Is being a doctor a good career choice nowadays?
Good compared to?
Good in what sense?
Reply With Quote
  #3456 (permalink)  
Old 24-01-2022, 11:41 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Being a doc sucks.
You cant fraud
Cant double punished by court and smc dt

Look at the fake vaccine saga
After enduring a few years jail, he will be struck off license too
Reply With Quote

  #3457 (permalink)  
Old 24-01-2022, 11:50 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

From all the posts one can find on this forum . It sounds like
Being a doctor in Singapore is a terrible job! Poor pay, poor prospects and less than ideal working environment! Why would anyone still do it?
Reply With Quote
  #3458 (permalink)  
Old 24-01-2022, 01:10 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
From all the posts one can find on this forum . It sounds like
Being a doctor in Singapore is a terrible job! Poor pay, poor prospects and less than ideal working environment! Why would anyone still do it?
prestige lor. doctors will always enjoy a baseline level of prestige in society cos human health and bodies require medical treatment. this has remained true throughout history in most societies.

now is tech's time due to high pay and demand, and 1-2 decades before this it was high finance. but medicine will always remain one of the more prestigious careers for kids even though it isn't the highest paying anymore and some paths are just as selective as medicine.

what the young ones need to realize is prestige cannot sustain a career. it is passion that will keep you grinding. if you don't hv passion for healthcare, don't be a doctor.
Reply With Quote
  #3459 (permalink)  
Old 24-01-2022, 01:18 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
prestige lor. doctors will always enjoy a baseline level of prestige in society cos human health and bodies require medical treatment. this has remained true throughout history in most societies.

now is tech's time due to high pay and demand, and 1-2 decades before this it was high finance. but medicine will always remain one of the more prestigious careers for kids even though it isn't the highest paying anymore and some paths are just as selective as medicine.

what the young ones need to realize is prestige cannot sustain a career. it is passion that will keep you grinding. if you don't hv passion for healthcare, don't be a doctor.
essentially if a personís job is his identity then he is doomed
Reply With Quote
  #3460 (permalink)  
Old 24-01-2022, 05:20 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
essentially if a personís job is his identity then he is doomed
best is be influencer la.
some local influencer nft portrait sold for 7.5 million in total.
what am I doing here seeing patient for 15 dollars a pop.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
What work-life balance? Salary.sg Income and Jobs 3 04-08-2022 11:49 PM
What happened to Life Sciences? Salary.sg Education and Personal Growth 50 22-05-2013 12:58 PM

» 30 Recent Threads
Work culture in IHiS ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
751 Replies, 586,692 Views
MAS for Mid Career Professionals ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,288 Replies, 1,162,611 Views
Career as Teacher ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
11,705 Replies, 7,142,058 Views
Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
6,386 Replies, 3,965,454 Views
Compare civil service salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
16,504 Replies, 12,900,512 Views
HTX (Home Team Science and... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
929 Replies, 448,644 Views
Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
18,072 Replies, 5,461,948 Views
Working in SMRT ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
46 Replies, 63,204 Views
Lawyer Salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
21,396 Replies, 10,788,809 Views
How is life as a doctor in... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
7,547 Replies, 3,614,564 Views
Roles in accenture singapore ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
8,092 Replies, 2,552,712 Views
Civil Servant Bonus Mid-2024
2 Replies, 529 Views
NCS (SingTel subsidiary) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,412 Replies, 1,225,981 Views
ST Electronics ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,928 Replies, 1,658,246 Views
Queries about Cpib application ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,398 Replies, 931,008 Views
Health Promotion Board ( 1 2)
10 Replies, 12,047 Views
A*Star (Agency for Science,... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
45 Replies, 110,058 Views
Civil Servant Bonus Mid-2023 ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
279 Replies, 211,438 Views
LTA (Land Transport Authority) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
876 Replies, 468,481 Views
Civil Service Performance Bonus ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
5,475 Replies, 4,982,036 Views
PMO (Prime Minister's Office... ( 1 2 3)
24 Replies, 8,169 Views
ITE Polytechnic Scheme ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
353 Replies, 401,209 Views
GIC offer ( 1 2)
18 Replies, 947 Views
Hospital (Private or Public)... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
833 Replies, 477,257 Views
SIM-UOL fresh grad starting pay ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
6,944 Replies, 2,989,392 Views
Nparks ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
42 Replies, 38,183 Views
GovTech ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
6,594 Replies, 2,566,871 Views
ITE (lecturer) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
283 Replies, 406,777 Views
DBS Bank career advancement,... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
138 Replies, 311,824 Views
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2



All times are GMT +8. The time now is 07:37 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2