How is life as a doctor in Singapore? - Page 334 - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries

How is life as a doctor in Singapore?

Old 29-12-2021, 11:11 PM
Unregistered

I dont want to name people. But u did mention a certain NXX heard with initial of Durian. How was he? Had a very bad impression at the interview, ignored the people he wasnt interested in and said Hi to those he knows.

Most PD when around like smile and talk to all candidiates

Old 29-12-2021, 11:18 PM
Unregistered

Their new PD gives a very fair impartial view. Someone who doesnt come in with a fixed opinion already and actually cares about the interview process rather than a whole farce just for show

Old 29-12-2021, 11:58 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I dont want to name people. But u did mention a certain NXX heard with initial of Durian. How was he? Had a very bad impression at the interview, ignored the people he wasnt interested in and said Hi to those he knows.

Most PD when around like smile and talk to all candidiates
Hahahahahahha.

He is like that lah.
But now he is college censor

Old 30-12-2021, 12:01 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Hahahahahahha.

He is like that lah.
But now he is college censor
I think he is good.
At least he frank and straight up not interested in you.
Wont give u false hope
Old 30-12-2021, 07:34 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
It depends on the case my friend. Note evrything you read in the book is applicable in real life. We cannot force patients, we can discuss , offer explain pros and cons. If that patients BP was 120/80 for example, well, asymptomatic , on those meds for many years and the 80 year old auntie die die dont wanna change the meds, u cant do anything right?

Fam med is a discussion with the patient. It depends on what the discussion was. If patient understands, doesnt want to streamline the meds but optimising sub-optimal doses and cutting out the rest of the meds cause these are the doses she is familiar with and taking for 20 plus years what can u do by giving 1 month TCU??

OFC if auntie want to change meds or wasnt even offered, then that is a lapse
Dont anyhow slam people la... doesnt mean whats correct on paper happens in real life. Hello, cant force patients u know, ultimately their choice
hello my friend. why are u so defensive?
when I saw this patient, I immediately asked her on her opinion of taking so many med and she straight away say ya lor, dunno why need so many.
I cut some for u? ur Bp not bad lei,no need so many. she immediately smile. even say dunno why need so many, eat medicine also eat till full liao. that small conversation basically tells me all I need to know including the fact my rp didn't offer any changes to the med.

you sound like a novice practioner tbh. discuss pros and cons? explore ice? priest la.
paper knowledge? dude, no paper knowledge how to guide ur decisions? let me give u a pro tip, we don't innudate patient with unecssary information , u think the 80 year old ah mah can understand? u must first know ur science, then u seek their preference , if its the same line , easy task , if not , test resistance for change, low resistance enforce maternastically, high resistance move on, aka discuss pros and cons with patient and she declined.
it's like noac Vs warfarin. pls la u still go and wax lyrical about warfarin ? if patient can pay, straight away offer noac liao. mention warfarin like it's some dirty med.

fyi, trials have show poor outcome of BP control below 120 for geriatric population.
it's acceptable at 150/90
polypharmacy also contributes to falls, over dose etc
even if u want to control BP at 110, u can increase the dose of some meds and take away some.

this was a m.med station a few years ago fyi.

pls la, I know my rp pattern more than anything. u think they spend time talking so much? esp when they need a translator since they don't speak hokkien or even mandarin for that matter.
Old 30-12-2021, 12:50 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
private life where got good.
work day in and out , weekend burnt , 3 evening a week burnt salary don't match a polyclinic m.medder lei. dun bring in profit as anchor, out you go.
as gdfm supply increase , their wage suppressed some more. 13k become 12k become 11 k.
your polyclinic doctor at least match inflation. every few years one pay revision jump 10 to 15 percent. now then then promote also increase 5 to 10 percent. become senior enough u see slowly also no one dare scold u becuase clinic head could have been your trainee.
Can someone shed light to how much m.medder get paid in ops? I have heard people being offered 14-15k for 55hr contracts in private (reliable source as it comes from my friend who recently left fm residency); not sure how long it takes for a person with mmed to earn that in ops? I also understand that smaller gps tend to pay more than large chain groups.

I am currently fm resident looking to leave after residency as I am fed up with all the admin stuff/qip etc. I am happy to work evening, weekends or even night shifts as long as I am paid well given that I am still single, young and little other commitments in life. (In fact I am looking at the possibility of locuming in Ed night shift on top of my daily gp work)
My understanding from my seniors is that ops Drs in mmed eventually earns more than private salaried gp (unless you do asthestics) but it may take some time. However I understand that the higher you go in ops, the more admin crap you have to do, and in general I feel the pt profile in private more straight forward (a lot of work permits/driving licence renewal, health screening, and now covid tests for travel lol)

Would any ops seniors kindly shed light on the pay structure and progression for mmeders in ops?

Old 30-12-2021, 05:13 PM
Unregistered

I would like to know if chains pay differently for newbie vs someone with 1-2 years of OPS experience. What is starting pay and package usually like-> Is there PB/AWS ?

Want to know as I'm thinking of leaving poly. As a junior RP, I am hitting 120 k per annum. I want to know the outside pay, I dont mind working harder if people value me- including longer hours/night. I feel undervalued as despite me making effort ( unlike said post above where there is **** management of pts ) , I dont feel appreciated. Secondly, I feel abused by the patients who threaten to complian and have alot of high expectations and multiple issues for a 5 mins consult time, for which they dont pay much. At least in private , i can charge higher consult if you want to be difficult and sit in my room for 20 minutes and refuse to leave till I adress all your MINOR concerns in the same visit.

To be honest , another issue is that my boss only cares about the residents and people doing QIP or research-> Only these people get good PBs, the rest is just a 2 months bonus, rather miserable. RPs just get thrown admin **** to do. But no, I am not one of those RPs above who does **** work, I am actually usually ending late cause I bother to nag at the patients

There is no sense of belonging to my patients in poly. I see them once and they may not see me again. Even if you ask me to do MMED and be FP , but there is still no slots for FPC
Old 30-12-2021, 05:14 PM
Unregistered

is 120 k per annum pay good
Old 30-12-2021, 05:19 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
is 120 k per annum pay good
Include bonus or not?
Old 30-12-2021, 06:54 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Can someone shed light to how much m.medder get paid in ops? I have heard people being offered 14-15k for 55hr contracts in private (reliable source as it comes from my friend who recently left fm residency); not sure how long it takes for a person with mmed to earn that in ops? I also understand that smaller gps tend to pay more than large chain groups.

I am currently fm resident looking to leave after residency as I am fed up with all the admin stuff/qip etc. I am happy to work evening, weekends or even night shifts as long as I am paid well given that I am still single, young and little other commitments in life. (In fact I am looking at the possibility of locuming in Ed night shift on top of my daily gp work)
My understanding from my seniors is that ops Drs in mmed eventually earns more than private salaried gp (unless you do asthestics) but it may take some time. However I understand that the higher you go in ops, the more admin crap you have to do, and in general I feel the pt profile in private more straight forward (a lot of work permits/driving licence renewal, health screening, and now covid tests for travel lol)

Would any ops seniors kindly shed light on the pay structure and progression for mmeders in ops?
after m.med annual salary
year 1 22xk
year 2 23xk
year 3 24xk
year 4 promote ac 27xk
year 5 28xk
year 6 dunno yet.