Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   How is life as a doctor in Singapore? (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/793-how-life-doctor-singapore.html)

Unregistered 05-06-2011 11:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 10207)
This fellow think that i'm a "soft" and nice guy type good to bully,let me show you,you are totally wrong! I am even bolder than the other jerks you know and i'm extraordinarily successful for my age too!

the other jerks ...? Sorry, but you sound like a jerk yourself. Kudos to that doctor for keeping his professional calm with patients like you.

Unregistered 21-07-2011 04:48 AM

Pathetic

am a UK cardiothoracic trainee, was planning to continue training in singapore. am shocked to see the comments made. is there no pay banding and work hours monitoring in sg. what salary can I negotiate if my current salary is about £80,000 on Band 3. can someone pls throw some light. is it really worth given the difficulty to be in CT surgery in UK, it's next to impossible,as one may be aware. Any advice pls

undiscern 21-07-2011 10:18 AM

It is not worth coming here. please stay put in uk. we, people here, are dreaming of going there.

Unregistered 21-07-2011 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 14478)
am a UK cardiothoracic trainee, was planning to continue training in singapore. am shocked to see the comments made. is there no pay banding and work hours monitoring in sg. what salary can I negotiate if my current salary is about £80,000 on Band 3. can someone pls throw some light. is it really worth given the difficulty to be in CT surgery in UK, it's next to impossible,as one may be aware. Any advice pls

Singapore welcomes all talented foreigners with wide open arms. It's a condition called xenophilia. You should ask for at least 100k gbp with benefits matching what you get in UK.

Unregistered 21-07-2011 09:14 PM

my advice to you, if you want to work in here then ask for more pay than what you received in uk.

there won't be any language barrier because all hospitals have their own interpreter.

and also prepare yourself to receive a lot of unreasonable complains.

Joe123 22-07-2011 11:01 AM

do you fancy old ladies, old men or small kids? at the clinic, it is cough, flu, fever, cough, flu, fever, cough, flu, fever, cough, flu, fever, cough, flu, fever + millions of complains.

Unregistered 23-07-2011 09:40 PM

Dear friends..........I would curious about how much a psychiatrist or child psychiatrist would be able to make in singapore. May it be at hospital or in private practice? I heart sums from about S$300,000 to S$500,000 a year? Considering the shortage of psychiatrists in Singapore is it one of the better paid specialties? Thanks.

Unregistered 25-07-2011 12:43 AM

As a former medic of SAF, I can attest to the fact that all the doctors I have come across has no sympathy or consideration towards patients. After reading this forum, i wonder if the main reason was overwork. But since they hate working with sick people so much, i will advise them to find a job in another industry for the sake of themselves and the patients.

Unregistered 25-07-2011 02:01 AM

Psychiatrists

I wonder how much a psychiatrist in private practice could make in Singapore? Real estates are quite high in the city. Therefore making a good and respectable living would necessitate some S$300k - S$500k a year. Supposed doing 2000 hours of work it would mean to calculate an hourly rate of about S$300 to net about S$300k a year after overhead etc.
Anyone informed in this issues?

Unregistered 22-08-2011 03:25 PM

Maternity leave for foreign female doctor

Could anyone of you guide me how do they take a foreign doctor getting pregnant?Do they treat you as well as a local singaporean doctor or do you feel discrimination by colleagues/employer?Does it affect your job?