How is life as a doctor in Singapore? - Page 251 - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries




How is life as a doctor in Singapore?

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #2501 (permalink)  
Old 28-07-2021, 04:55 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
again, another pseudo doctor spotted
Better than you boh liao.

Reply With Quote
  #2502 (permalink)  
Old 28-07-2021, 05:12 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
s://thehomeground.asia/survey-junior-docs-at-public-hospitals-want-out-cite-unsustainable-working-hours

how true is this for the senior citizens here? are we a snowflake generation?
It is not about snowflake. It is that the world has changed. In the 60s to 90s doctors were respected. The change happened with the movement to give patients autonomy and all that anti-paternalistic medicine stuff.

Now nobody gives *hit about doctors. They are just there to do your bidding.

Reply With Quote
  #2503 (permalink)  
Old 28-07-2021, 11:53 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
It is not about snowflake. It is that the world has changed. In the 60s to 90s doctors were respected. The change happened with the movement to give patients autonomy and all that anti-paternalistic medicine stuff.

Now nobody gives *hit about doctors. They are just there to do your bidding.
The change came when doctors sold their souls (and their businesses) to managed care providers and insurance companies and their TPAs for a steady stream of $$$$.

So doctors only have ourselves, collectively, to blame.

Anyway, everyone needs to realize that doctors only form a component of the healthcare system. We may be big fish in the pond but we are ultimately not the pond itself. The sooner we realize that, the better we move on from old hangups about prestige or respect.



Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills
Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills


SG Bus Timing App
SG Bus Timing App - the best bus app - available on iOS and Android


SGX Stocks Android App - check share prices
SGX Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go


SGX Stocks for iPad - check latest Singapore share prices
SGX Stocks [iPad] app
| SGX Stocks [iPhone] app
Reply With Quote
  #2504 (permalink)  
Old 28-07-2021, 08:07 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
The change came when doctors sold their souls (and their businesses) to managed care providers and insurance companies and their TPAs for a steady stream of $$$$.

So doctors only have ourselves, collectively, to blame.

Anyway, everyone needs to realize that doctors only form a component of the healthcare system. We may be big fish in the pond but we are ultimately not the pond itself. The sooner we realize that, the better we move on from old hangups about prestige or respect.
I agree.

Spot on.

Doctor is just another healthcare professional.

Nothing inherently good or bad

Easily replaceable.

But at same time important
Reply With Quote
  #2505 (permalink)  
Old 29-07-2021, 10:10 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I agree.

Spot on.

Doctor is just another healthcare professional.

Nothing inherently good or bad

Easily replaceable.

But at same time important
I think most drs have no problem with that.

But SMC also need to change. SMC set standards too high liao. Unrealistic.
Reply With Quote
  #2506 (permalink)  
Old 01-08-2021, 05:20 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

How many phones do doctors working in public hospitals own? I have a friend who is a junior doctor who uses his personal phone for work too. Is this common or only AC and C use 2 phones?


Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills
Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills


SG Bus Timing App
SG Bus Timing App - the best bus app - available on iOS and Android


SGX Stocks Android App - check share prices
SGX Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go


SGX Stocks for iPad - check latest Singapore share prices
SGX Stocks [iPad] app
| SGX Stocks [iPhone] app
Reply With Quote

  #2507 (permalink)  
Old 01-08-2021, 05:57 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
How many phones do doctors working in public hospitals own? I have a friend who is a junior doctor who uses his personal phone for work too. Is this common or only AC and C use 2 phones?
Usually two phones.
Like most companies mohh give us a 25 dollar phone allowance per mth
This allowance is taxable

But 25 is good enough for sim only

We tend to have two phones.
To separate work vs personal.
HO MO and Reg needs it. Coz ppl dont like to share their personal number with the rest.
Any nurses doc or pharmacist or PSA can call u even if u have left the hospital. These days youngster like to switch off their work phones after office hours. Unacceptable.
I think it is only decent if a doc comes back to hosp, if he has forgotten to complete the discharge summary.

#Dedication or better still don't go back home

The very senior docs have one phone only. Coz nobody calls them haha
Reply With Quote
  #2508 (permalink)  
Old 02-08-2021, 01:39 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

How long does it take for AC to C and C to SC. Is it worth to stay in public?
Reply With Quote
  #2509 (permalink)  
Old 02-08-2021, 05:00 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Usually two phones.
Like most companies mohh give us a 25 dollar phone allowance per mth
This allowance is taxable

But 25 is good enough for sim only

We tend to have two phones.
To separate work vs personal.
HO MO and Reg needs it. Coz ppl dont like to share their personal number with the rest.
Any nurses doc or pharmacist or PSA can call u even if u have left the hospital. These days youngster like to switch off their work phones after office hours. Unacceptable.
I think it is only decent if a doc comes back to hosp, if he has forgotten to complete the discharge summary.

#Dedication or better still don't go back home

The very senior docs have one phone only. Coz nobody calls them haha
sorry to disagree (in a polite manner)
it is perfectly fine to be off work when one is off work. there is a reason shift system exists.
Reply With Quote
  #2510 (permalink)  
Old 02-08-2021, 05:01 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
How long does it take for AC to C and C to SC. Is it worth to stay in public?
aesthetic medicine will make you richer if money is your goal.
if your goal is power, then stay in the public. you wont earn more than an aesthetic practitioner.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
What work-life balance? Salary.sg Income and Jobs 3 04-08-2022 11:49 PM
What happened to Life Sciences? Salary.sg Education and Personal Growth 50 22-05-2013 12:58 PM

» 30 Recent Threads
DBS tech seed programme ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,450 Replies, 660,902 Views
Compare civil service salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
14,619 Replies, 9,266,309 Views
Career as Teacher ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
5,825 Replies, 3,679,050 Views
Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
8,708 Replies, 2,627,985 Views
If you can't find a company here... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
93 Replies, 18,315 Views
Work in pharmacy
3 Replies, 1,304 Views
Lawyer Salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
17,463 Replies, 6,742,419 Views
How is life as a doctor in... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
4,102 Replies, 2,011,502 Views
How much are you earning per annum? ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
13,340 Replies, 5,143,537 Views
ST Electronics ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,002 Replies, 902,509 Views
Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
4,401 Replies, 2,407,875 Views
Roles in accenture singapore ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
5,263 Replies, 1,061,149 Views
DBS ACE Programme ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
40 Replies, 4,873 Views
SIM-UOL fresh grad starting pay ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
6,620 Replies, 2,100,853 Views
Micron starting pay ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
529 Replies, 192,162 Views
Ex-MOE Teachers ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
254 Replies, 267,458 Views
MAS for Mid Career Professionals ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,195 Replies, 551,356 Views
MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
4,656 Replies, 3,200,874 Views
High Finance Thread ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,363 Replies, 296,649 Views
Exxon Mobil Equipment tech or... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,999 Replies, 777,461 Views
For those with 2-5 YOE, what is... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
997 Replies, 220,896 Views
DSTA (under Mindef) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,216 Replies, 927,946 Views
Private hospitals
8 Replies, 1,969 Views
Engineer Pay ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
509 Replies, 263,954 Views
HDB (under MND) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
487 Replies, 448,503 Views
Compilation of MAs/Analysts Gross... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,093 Replies, 405,216 Views
NCS (SingTel subsidiary) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,042 Replies, 676,798 Views
CSA (Cyber Security Agency) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
555 Replies, 211,470 Views
Aircraft Maintenance License and... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
697 Replies, 609,389 Views
Factual Local Bank Salaries - DBS... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
960 Replies, 606,118 Views
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2



All times are GMT +8. The time now is 08:45 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2