Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   How is life as a doctor in Singapore? (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/793-how-life-doctor-singapore.html)

Unregistered 24-07-2021 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 178267)
What happened if there is no AC post after completion of residency?

1) wait until the department has a position by working (and getting paid) as a senior service registrar.
2) find another hospital who has AC vacancy to hire you
3) quit and be a GP / housing agent / insurance agent etc

Unregistered 24-07-2021 08:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 178277)
Who did you vote for to allow foreign born doctors to take your AC jobs? Hard truths

Now ac sure got job. They take very few trainees

Unregistered 25-07-2021 05:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 178382)
Now ac sure got job. They take very few trainees

Is there not a need to compete with IMG doctors fresh out of residency abroad?

Unregistered 25-07-2021 05:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 178277)
Who did you vote for to allow foreign born doctors to take your AC jobs? Hard truths

I voted for Wisely. You? lol

Unregistered 25-07-2021 09:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 178366)
1) wait until the department has a position by working (and getting paid) as a senior service registrar.
2) find another hospital who has AC vacancy to hire you
3) quit and be a GP / housing agent / insurance agent etc

How much does a senior service registrar earn?

Unregistered 25-07-2021 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 178406)
Is there not a need to compete with IMG doctors fresh out of residency abroad?

If they are born and bred Singaporeans whose parents and grandparents have contributed to the Singapore we have today, then of course they should be allowed to compete for AC positions just as YLL grads do.

Problem is the FT doctors with no skin in the game, no contribution to Singapore's defence and NS, who leech off Singapore's safe and politically stable work environment and deprive equally or more competent Singaporeans of their career progression.

Unregistered 25-07-2021 12:27 PM

can you apply for residency while serving the remainder of your NS? to go further, if I have e.g. 1.6 years of NS left, am I only allowed to apply for residency when I have less than a year left?

Unregistered 25-07-2021 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 178426)
can you apply for residency while serving the remainder of your NS? to go further, if I have e.g. 1.6 years of NS left, am I only allowed to apply for residency when I have less than a year left?

You can apply. But whether the residency programme chooses to take you is another thing.
You can discuss frankly with the programme director / faculty to see if they are willing to keep the spot for you while you are away at NS.
Some are willing to keep for you. Some may not. Best to have a frank and upfront discussion

Unregistered 25-07-2021 02:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 178411)
How much does a senior service registrar earn?

Prolly somewhere between a Reg and AC.
If you have already dedicated 5-6 years of your life to that specialty, no harm just waiting a little more with slightly less pay.

Unregistered 26-07-2021 02:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 178419)
If they are born and bred Singaporeans whose parents and grandparents have contributed to the Singapore we have today, then of course they should be allowed to compete for AC positions just as YLL grads do.

Problem is the FT doctors with no skin in the game, no contribution to Singapore's defence and NS, who leech off Singapore's safe and politically stable work environment and deprive equally or more competent Singaporeans of their career progression.

I think you forgot that the government is the one importing FT doctors.