How is life as a doctor in Singapore? - Page 240 - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries




How is life as a doctor in Singapore?

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #2391 (permalink)  
Old 03-07-2021, 07:16 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
lol... for the adventure, the proximity to beaches, and the pay (of course cost of living is proportionally higher, but so is the amount of money you can set aside every month).
Austria pay is much higher.
But we welcome u to Singapore. To serve the asians
Always good to have caucasians , especially descendants of hasburgs.

Reply With Quote
  #2392 (permalink)  
Old 03-07-2021, 11:44 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Austria pay is much higher.
But we welcome u to Singapore. To serve the asians
Always good to have caucasians , especially descendants of hasburgs.
Alright, maybe you can give me some insight on the pay? I didn't go through the whole thread, so my data is partially taken from some googling. According to what I've read, you'd earn 4k-7k during internship/waiting for residency/resident years and 10-12k+ after specialization. Is that about right?
Is family medicine considered a true speciality and financially compensated similarly?

In Austria, the pay in the early years is good but there's relatively little progression in pay (within hospitals). Could be better off in Singapore as a specialist/family physician.
A specialist with 5 years of post-specialization experience will only take home ~ 50% more than a 1st year intern. Compensation for family doctors is roughly 10% less than for specialists.

Reply With Quote
  #2393 (permalink)  
Old 04-07-2021, 10:46 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Alright, maybe you can give me some insight on the pay? I didn't go through the whole thread, so my data is partially taken from some googling. According to what I've read, you'd earn 4k-7k during internship/waiting for residency/resident years and 10-12k+ after specialization. Is that about right?
Is family medicine considered a true speciality and financially compensated similarly?

In Austria, the pay in the early years is good but there's relatively little progression in pay (within hospitals). Could be better off in Singapore as a specialist/family physician.
A specialist with 5 years of post-specialization experience will only take home ~ 50% more than a 1st year intern. Compensation for family doctors is roughly 10% less than for specialists.

4 to 7k as intern is correct. Per month

After specialization is 20 to 30k. Per month.

Family medicine is a recognized specialty in Singapore. If you go private you can earn eaily 500k a year.

Austria is dismal. Yes you should come to Singapore. Definitely way more rewarding financially. Lots of rich family doctors driving Ferraris and living in huge landed good class bungalows.

Reply With Quote
  #2394 (permalink)  
Old 04-07-2021, 11:11 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
4 to 7k as intern is correct. Per month

After specialization is 20 to 30k. Per month.

Family medicine is a recognized specialty in Singapore. If you go private you can earn eaily 500k a year.

Austria is dismal. Yes you should come to Singapore. Definitely way more rewarding financially. Lots of rich family doctors driving Ferraris and living in huge landed good class bungalows.
I wish posters like you would just get banned. Some people are genuinely trying to make life decisions around immigration, and here you are trolling.
Reply With Quote
  #2395 (permalink)  
Old 05-07-2021, 07:26 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I wish posters like you would just get banned. Some people are genuinely trying to make life decisions around immigration, and here you are trolling.
Lol. U so naive.
He was answering his own questions.
Reply With Quote
  #2396 (permalink)  
Old 05-07-2021, 10:47 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

So how much does a Family Physician (finished residency and practicing independently) earn in Singapore?
I dont find it helpful people accusing others of trolling when they themselves offer no figures to clarify.
How much do Family Physicians bill for consultation in Singapore? Time based? $40? $50? For 15 min? $200/hr?


Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills
Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills


SG Bus Timing App
SG Bus Timing App - the best bus app - available on iOS and Android


Bursa Stocks Android App - check share prices
Bursa Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go


SGX Stocks Android App - check share prices
SGX Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go


SGX Stocks for iPad - check latest Singapore share prices
SGX Stocks [iPad] app
| SGX Stocks [iPhone] app
Reply With Quote

  #2397 (permalink)  
Old 06-07-2021, 04:50 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
So how much does a Family Physician (finished residency and practicing independently) earn in Singapore?
I dont find it helpful people accusing others of trolling when they themselves offer no figures to clarify.
How much do Family Physicians bill for consultation in Singapore? Time based? $40? $50? For 15 min? $200/hr?
In Singapore, any Tom Dick and Harry can open up a GP Clinic.
Anyone with a basic medical degree, dropouts from surgical residencies, etc can be a ‘GP’
For those with Family Physician qualifications, they can register to be a ‘Family Physician’
Public do not understand the difference between GP and FP. Hence there is no difference in consultation charges. That’s the sad state of affairs in primary care currently which the College of Family Physicians have been trying to change, but have failed to change anything for the past 40 years.

Consultation fees can range from $15-50 depending on how much your patients are willing to pay.
Reply With Quote
  #2398 (permalink)  
Old 06-07-2021, 09:36 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
In Singapore, any Tom Dick and Harry can open up a GP Clinic.
Anyone with a basic medical degree, dropouts from surgical residencies, etc can be a ‘GP’
For those with Family Physician qualifications, they can register to be a ‘Family Physician’
Public do not understand the difference between GP and FP. Hence there is no difference in consultation charges. That’s the sad state of affairs in primary care currently which the College of Family Physicians have been trying to change, but have failed to change anything for the past 40 years.

Consultation fees can range from $15-50 depending on how much your patients are willing to pay.
$20/patient on average? 10 patients an hour. $200/hr or even more. Good.


Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills
Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills


SG Bus Timing App
SG Bus Timing App - the best bus app - available on iOS and Android


Bursa Stocks Android App - check share prices
Bursa Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go


SGX Stocks Android App - check share prices
SGX Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go


SGX Stocks for iPad - check latest Singapore share prices
SGX Stocks [iPad] app
| SGX Stocks [iPhone] app
Reply With Quote
  #2399 (permalink)  
Old 07-07-2021, 07:44 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
$20/patient on average? 10 patients an hour. $200/hr or even more. Good.
Still need to factor in your costs bro.
Pay clinical assistant, cost of drugs, utilities, rent, licensing, maintenance of infrastructure.
Not sure how much is left after deducting everything.
Reply With Quote
  #2400 (permalink)  
Old 07-07-2021, 08:22 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Still need to factor in your costs bro.
Pay clinical assistant, cost of drugs, utilities, rent, licensing, maintenance of infrastructure.
Not sure how much is left after deducting everything.

Don't forget to factor in your competitors.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
What work-life balance? Salary.sg Income and Jobs 3 04-08-2022 11:49 PM
What happened to Life Sciences? Salary.sg Education and Personal Growth 50 22-05-2013 12:58 PM

» 30 Recent Threads
Roles in accenture singapore ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
8,196 Replies, 2,609,876 Views
For those with 2-5 YOE, what is... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,210 Replies, 483,973 Views
Hospital (Private or Public)... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,015 Replies, 514,854 Views
Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
18,746 Replies, 5,614,129 Views
GovTech ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
6,682 Replies, 2,676,112 Views
Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
6,613 Replies, 4,034,642 Views
Lawyer Salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
21,501 Replies, 10,928,459 Views
Career as Teacher ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
11,838 Replies, 7,277,829 Views
LTA (Land Transport Authority) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
931 Replies, 497,300 Views
HTX (Home Team Science and... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
959 Replies, 478,395 Views
Factual Local Bank Salaries - DBS... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,968 Replies, 1,583,271 Views
ST Electronics ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,977 Replies, 1,720,134 Views
How much are you earning per annum? ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
14,395 Replies, 6,674,894 Views
MAS for Mid Career Professionals ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,358 Replies, 1,204,136 Views
31 yo private uni grad. Is there... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
56 Replies, 4,276 Views
NCS (SingTel subsidiary) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,595 Replies, 1,277,541 Views
Compare civil service salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
16,540 Replies, 13,034,596 Views
MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
6,135 Replies, 4,969,352 Views
SLA (Singapore Land Authority) ( 1 2)
10 Replies, 11,396 Views
DSTA (under Mindef) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,696 Replies, 1,523,521 Views
Any Ministry or Statboard still... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
31 Replies, 15,286 Views
Stat board tiers ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
79 Replies, 149,817 Views
MFA- Foreign Service... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
69 Replies, 91,970 Views
How is life as a doctor in... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
7,640 Replies, 3,683,421 Views
PSA International ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
112 Replies, 106,248 Views
Best Stat board/Ministry ( 1 2 3)
25 Replies, 39,779 Views
when you quit how many days do you... ( 1 2)
19 Replies, 8,036 Views
Rakuten Software Engineer (Fresh... ( 1 2)
14 Replies, 6,870 Views
IMDA (under MCI) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,441 Replies, 733,403 Views
JP Morgan ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
215 Replies, 196,645 Views
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2



All times are GMT +8. The time now is 06:29 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2