How is life as a doctor in Singapore? - Page 180 - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries




How is life as a doctor in Singapore?

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1791 (permalink)  
Old 09-03-2021, 03:17 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Working hours

Hello everyone,

Does anyone know the weekly schedule for a doctor whos already a specialist?
I guess in each department and hospital is different, but I would like to have a general idea, when do you usually start and finish at the hospital.
Thank you

Reply With Quote
  #1792 (permalink)  
Old 09-03-2021, 04:51 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello everyone,

Does anyone know the weekly schedule for a doctor whos already a specialist?
I guess in each department and hospital is different, but I would like to have a general idea, when do you usually start and finish at the hospital.
Thank you

It's 8 am to 8 pm. Monday to Saturday.

Reply With Quote
  #1793 (permalink)  
Old 09-03-2021, 09:16 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by phantomdoctor View Post
how much does a polyclinic fam med AC / C / SC earn?
is it comparable to a specialist AC / C / SC in hospital?
Polyclinic AC?
15k, more if Ur teamlet meet or exceed KPI.
Con is rare. They usually high salary cos many of them ex poly head and quite senior, every year 3 to 5 percent accumulate many years also get high salary.
Typically AC jump to C is 2-4k ish increment...but ish hard to get promoted . Must got pple like u and u got backing. Turn c is many years of sleepless nights. One covid hits u..u Sian liao, or u get involved in some high level project like telemedicine, built a new polyclinic etc.
SC even more rare like the proverbial unicorn. Most of them director level doing godnesss know what( or maybe nothing at all..haha)
Many likely max at 25k X the 6 to 8 months bonus so drawing 450k to 500k year. Not too many of them just based on the salary. These guys top of the food chain liao.

Hospital specialist getting their salary curb and theres a drive to normalise the older specialist salary to induce them to retire or go private
Procedurelist in ir, ortho no longer get the 50k monthly after turning senior con. The new pay scheme is not lucartive like last time. One new ortho AC in nuh getting about 12.3k , same as psy AC. Then ortho guys get about 1.5 to 2.5k more monthyl after the department divides up the table fee .
Worth it or not you decide.

In ops, family physician after your m.med is the working class, next level is ac. Most pple might work hard to get ac, after that cruise there. Actually, most want stay as fp level and not deal with too much crap. Family medicine lei , the family is already Infront of medicine. Family med draws lots of girls , a lot want to become mother and work part time or go home on time and look after child.
In hospital AC is the working class after you gain specialist accrediting. , Next level is c usually after 2 to 4 years. SC is not uncommon after 4 to 8 years.

Reply With Quote
  #1794 (permalink)  
Old 09-03-2021, 11:28 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Polyclinic AC?
15k, more if Ur teamlet meet or exceed KPI.
Con is rare. They usually high salary cos many of them ex poly head and quite senior, every year 3 to 5 percent accumulate many years also get high salary.
Typically AC jump to C is 2-4k ish increment...but ish hard to get promoted . Must got pple like u and u got backing. Turn c is many years of sleepless nights. One covid hits u..u Sian liao, or u get involved in some high level project like telemedicine, built a new polyclinic etc.
SC even more rare like the proverbial unicorn. Most of them director level doing godnesss know what( or maybe nothing at all..haha)
Many likely max at 25k X the 6 to 8 months bonus so drawing 450k to 500k year. Not too many of them just based on the salary. These guys top of the food chain liao.

Hospital specialist getting their salary curb and theres a drive to normalise the older specialist salary to induce them to retire or go private
Procedurelist in ir, ortho no longer get the 50k monthly after turning senior con. The new pay scheme is not lucartive like last time. One new ortho AC in nuh getting about 12.3k , same as psy AC. Then ortho guys get about 1.5 to 2.5k more monthyl after the department divides up the table fee .
Worth it or not you decide.

In ops, family physician after your m.med is the working class, next level is ac. Most pple might work hard to get ac, after that cruise there. Actually, most want stay as fp level and not deal with too much crap. Family medicine lei , the family is already Infront of medicine. Family med draws lots of girls , a lot want to become mother and work part time or go home on time and look after child.
In hospital AC is the working class after you gain specialist accrediting. , Next level is c usually after 2 to 4 years. SC is not uncommon after 4 to 8 years.
Thank you bro/sis.

What about medical specialists like Rheum or Derm?
Reply With Quote
  #1795 (permalink)  
Old 10-03-2021, 12:11 PM
Phantomdoctor
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Thank you very much.
Do you mean 15k/month base pay?
Or after adding in all the bonuses and divided by 12?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Polyclinic AC?
15k, more if Ur teamlet meet or exceed KPI.
Con is rare. They usually high salary cos many of them ex poly head and quite senior, every year 3 to 5 percent accumulate many years also get high salary.
Typically AC jump to C is 2-4k ish increment...but ish hard to get promoted . Must got pple like u and u got backing. Turn c is many years of sleepless nights. One covid hits u..u Sian liao, or u get involved in some high level project like telemedicine, built a new polyclinic etc.
SC even more rare like the proverbial unicorn. Most of them director level doing godnesss know what( or maybe nothing at all..haha)
Many likely max at 25k X the 6 to 8 months bonus so drawing 450k to 500k year. Not too many of them just based on the salary. These guys top of the food chain liao.

Hospital specialist getting their salary curb and theres a drive to normalise the older specialist salary to induce them to retire or go private
Procedurelist in ir, ortho no longer get the 50k monthly after turning senior con. The new pay scheme is not lucartive like last time. One new ortho AC in nuh getting about 12.3k , same as psy AC. Then ortho guys get about 1.5 to 2.5k more monthyl after the department divides up the table fee .
Worth it or not you decide.

In ops, family physician after your m.med is the working class, next level is ac. Most pple might work hard to get ac, after that cruise there. Actually, most want stay as fp level and not deal with too much crap. Family medicine lei , the family is already Infront of medicine. Family med draws lots of girls , a lot want to become mother and work part time or go home on time and look after child.
In hospital AC is the working class after you gain specialist accrediting. , Next level is c usually after 2 to 4 years. SC is not uncommon after 4 to 8 years.
Reply With Quote
  #1796 (permalink)  
Old 10-03-2021, 04:23 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

So even with FCFP(S), may not become Con?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Polyclinic AC?
15k, more if Ur teamlet meet or exceed KPI.
Con is rare. They usually high salary cos many of them ex poly head and quite senior, every year 3 to 5 percent accumulate many years also get high salary.
Typically AC jump to C is 2-4k ish increment...but ish hard to get promoted . Must got pple like u and u got backing. Turn c is many years of sleepless nights. One covid hits u..u Sian liao, or u get involved in some high level project like telemedicine, built a new polyclinic etc.
SC even more rare like the proverbial unicorn. Most of them director level doing godnesss know what( or maybe nothing at all..haha)
Many likely max at 25k X the 6 to 8 months bonus so drawing 450k to 500k year. Not too many of them just based on the salary. These guys top of the food chain liao.

Hospital specialist getting their salary curb and theres a drive to normalise the older specialist salary to induce them to retire or go private
Procedurelist in ir, ortho no longer get the 50k monthly after turning senior con. The new pay scheme is not lucartive like last time. One new ortho AC in nuh getting about 12.3k , same as psy AC. Then ortho guys get about 1.5 to 2.5k more monthyl after the department divides up the table fee .
Worth it or not you decide.

In ops, family physician after your m.med is the working class, next level is ac. Most pple might work hard to get ac, after that cruise there. Actually, most want stay as fp level and not deal with too much crap. Family medicine lei , the family is already Infront of medicine. Family med draws lots of girls , a lot want to become mother and work part time or go home on time and look after child.
In hospital AC is the working class after you gain specialist accrediting. , Next level is c usually after 2 to 4 years. SC is not uncommon after 4 to 8 years.
Reply With Quote

  #1797 (permalink)  
Old 10-03-2021, 05:27 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

The exit qualification to practice independently as a family physician is the m.med.
Currently the fcfp doesn't auto quality u for AC in the poly. It is however needed to qualify u for AC in the hospital. Who knows , maybe one fine day moh will give family med speciality status and u need to exit with a fcfp.
Anyway fcfp is learning about research, teaching paedology, and handling complex patient. It's not a clinical competency exam like the m.med but a true blue fellowship as in your learn to perform and lead at a higher standard.
Let us not kid ourselves, the dip family med standard v different from a m.med although both qualify u for fp status. The fcfp fp is one notch above the m.med. there's like only 150 of them in Singapore.

Also..what's with the question about rhuematology Vs dermatology salary. Seriously la, use some brains before you ask. The rheumatologist is earning 184.612k per year while the demarologist is earning 191.2k per year. Happy? The fp earns 400k per year.
No one will tell u what a full c earns. It's variable depending on department, your star status and how u bargain in the contract. What is confirm is that a) salaries are more normalise between the procedural and non procedural specialities going forward b) u not going to starve once u complete your training but u are no going to well afford that bunglow like doctors from the 90s. Save a bit can buy condo, maybe drive a conti car and go holiday 2 times a year..same like a school teacher, engineer, accountant....
Reply With Quote
  #1798 (permalink)  
Old 10-03-2021, 07:05 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
The exit qualification to practice independently as a family physician is the m.med.
Currently the fcfp doesn't auto quality u for AC in the poly. It is however needed to qualify u for AC in the hospital. Who knows , maybe one fine day moh will give family med speciality status and u need to exit with a fcfp.
Anyway fcfp is learning about research, teaching paedology, and handling complex patient. It's not a clinical competency exam like the m.med but a true blue fellowship as in your learn to perform and lead at a higher standard.
Let us not kid ourselves, the dip family med standard v different from a m.med although both qualify u for fp status. The fcfp fp is one notch above the m.med. there's like only 150 of them in Singapore.

Also..what's with the question about rhuematology Vs dermatology salary. Seriously la, use some brains before you ask. The rheumatologist is earning 184.612k per year while the demarologist is earning 191.2k per year. Happy? The fp earns 400k per year.
No one will tell u what a full c earns. It's variable depending on department, your star status and how u bargain in the contract. What is confirm is that a) salaries are more normalise between the procedural and non procedural specialities going forward b) u not going to starve once u complete your training but u are no going to well afford that bunglow like doctors from the 90s. Save a bit can buy condo, maybe drive a conti car and go holiday 2 times a year..same like a school teacher, engineer, accountant....
My ortho prof told me condo dr can afford.
Coz 1-1.5mil monthly mortgage about 4-6k quite easy.

Terrace also quite hard for an employee.
semi-d at 5million is out of the question.
Reply With Quote
  #1799 (permalink)  
Old 10-03-2021, 11:09 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

What is the difference between getting gdfm versus going through fam med residency in terms of recognition and job opportunities?
Reply With Quote
  #1800 (permalink)  
Old 11-03-2021, 12:58 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
The exit qualification to practice independently as a family physician is the m.med.
Currently the fcfp doesn't auto quality u for AC in the poly. It is however needed to qualify u for AC in the hospital. Who knows , maybe one fine day moh will give family med speciality status and u need to exit with a fcfp.
Anyway fcfp is learning about research, teaching paedology, and handling complex patient. It's not a clinical competency exam like the m.med but a true blue fellowship as in your learn to perform and lead at a higher standard.
Let us not kid ourselves, the dip family med standard v different from a m.med although both qualify u for fp status. The fcfp fp is one notch above the m.med. there's like only 150 of them in Singapore.

Also..what's with the question about rhuematology Vs dermatology salary. Seriously la, use some brains before you ask. The rheumatologist is earning 184.612k per year while the demarologist is earning 191.2k per year. Happy? The fp earns 400k per year.
No one will tell u what a full c earns. It's variable depending on department, your star status and how u bargain in the contract. What is confirm is that a) salaries are more normalise between the procedural and non procedural specialities going forward b) u not going to starve once u complete your training but u are no going to well afford that bunglow like doctors from the 90s. Save a bit can buy condo, maybe drive a conti car and go holiday 2 times a year..same like a school teacher, engineer, accountant....
Sorry Med student here. If FP make more than specialists, then what's the point of spending all the extra years specializing, besides intellectual stimulation and better patient care of course?
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
What happened to Life Sciences? Salary.sg Education and Personal Growth 50 22-05-2013 12:58 PM
What work-life balance? Salary.sg Income and Jobs 2 02-06-2008 11:48 PM

» 30 Recent Threads
Compare civil service salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
12,572 Replies, 7,340,781 Views
How much are you earning per annum? ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
12,685 Replies, 4,352,209 Views
Top paying companies in SG for... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
83 Replies, 133,683 Views
Hospital (Private or Public)... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
75 Replies, 22,225 Views
Lawyer Salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
13,689 Replies, 4,603,781 Views
Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,646 Replies, 1,276,738 Views
UOB Management Associate Program ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
438 Replies, 274,209 Views
Banking - Back Office ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
239 Replies, 159,100 Views
Citibank Singapore ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
135 Replies, 99,929 Views
Career as Teacher ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
4,003 Replies, 2,498,894 Views
UBS Financial Services Industry... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
632 Replies, 139,483 Views
Jumping from Stat Board into...
1 Replies, 122 Views
IMDA (under MCI) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
114 Replies, 57,267 Views
Roles in accenture singapore ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,009 Replies, 520,798 Views
Exxon Mobil Equipment tech or... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,846 Replies, 607,934 Views
How is life as a doctor in... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,750 Replies, 1,409,935 Views
Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,910 Replies, 1,747,387 Views
Starting Pay for CS/Ministries... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
233 Replies, 108,385 Views
ST Electronics ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,332 Replies, 571,724 Views
business analyst
1 Replies, 2,765 Views
MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
4,060 Replies, 2,521,693 Views
Perm to contract, increase > 2k... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
31 Replies, 4,285 Views
AML/Compliance/KYC professionals... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,516 Replies, 731,149 Views
Comp Science Frsh Grad Salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
625 Replies, 98,241 Views
DBS tech seed programme ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
867 Replies, 221,642 Views
HDB (under MND) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
458 Replies, 369,708 Views
Compilation of MAs/Analysts Gross... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
735 Replies, 198,523 Views
Anyone work in AVA Animal Health... ( 1 2)
14 Replies, 8,903 Views
Asset Management Salary ( 1 2 3)
25 Replies, 3,472 Views
DSTA (under Mindef) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,022 Replies, 737,939 Views
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2



All times are GMT +8. The time now is 08:09 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2