How is life as a doctor in Singapore? - Page 178 - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries




How is life as a doctor in Singapore?

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1771 (permalink)  
Old 03-03-2021, 06:28 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
45 hours excluding breaks.
8000 dollars
8k a week is not bad thats 32k a month to give out cough & flu meds and deal with chao keng kias. Close to specialists who make 30-50k a month.

Reply With Quote
  #1772 (permalink)  
Old 04-03-2021, 01:09 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
8k a week is not bad thats 32k a month to give out cough & flu meds and deal with chao keng kias. Close to specialists who make 30-50k a month.
8k a month. 2k a week.

Reply With Quote
  #1773 (permalink)  
Old 05-03-2021, 04:26 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

How much does a surgeon in public sector actually makes? I heard that a GS cons would make ~$30k all in according to a kopi talk from one of my colleague with a con. Not sure how zhun is this. Anyone familiar can clarify? I am too junior to go up to my bosses to ask them how much they make lol..

Reply With Quote
  #1774 (permalink)  
Old 05-03-2021, 06:10 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
How much does a surgeon in public sector actually makes? I heard that a GS cons would make ~$30k all in according to a kopi talk from one of my colleague with a con. Not sure how zhun is this. Anyone familiar can clarify? I am too junior to go up to my bosses to ask them how much they make lol..
This is not incorrect.
Plus bonus they would earn about 300k to 360k per year
Reply With Quote
  #1775 (permalink)  
Old 05-03-2021, 07:53 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Nurses 14% pay rise, doctors 0% wow
Reply With Quote
  #1776 (permalink)  
Old 05-03-2021, 08:56 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
This is not incorrect.
Plus bonus they would earn about 300k to 360k per year
they def make more than this please
with bonus i think closer to 500k.. or even 500-600k
we are talking about PROCEDURES here - anything that involves doing of procedures will get paid a premium. thats the way it is in SG and everywhere in the world
Reply With Quote

  #1777 (permalink)  
Old 05-03-2021, 09:03 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Nurses 14% pay rise, doctors 0% wow
did u expect anything else from our government?

for some reason doctors are always left out when it comes to salary reviews/ remuneration. did we not work as hard as or harder than nurses and allied health staff during COVID? are we not part of the healthcare community that led and braved the war against COVID and are still doing so up till this day?

i dont have anything against nurses.. but seriously speaking the nature of their work is not comparable to doctors - not the difficulty nor the responsibility it carries. all they do is take instructions from doctors. dispense meds, take vital signs, "pass report", clean patients up etc. IMHO even radiographers and sonographers have more skill - they need to know how to do ultrasound, scan CT/MRI and all its complexities.

back to the main point - drs are under appreciated and underpaid (those under MOHH anyway).
Reply With Quote
  #1778 (permalink)  
Old 05-03-2021, 09:16 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Nil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
they def make more than this please
with bonus i think closer to 500k.. or even 500-600k
we are talking about PROCEDURES here - anything that involves doing of procedures will get paid a premium. thats the way it is in SG and everywhere in the world

This is correct . 5-6 years post exit for surgeons should n able to touch 500 all in per annum comfortably
Reply With Quote
  #1779 (permalink)  
Old 05-03-2021, 11:43 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
This is correct . 5-6 years post exit for surgeons should n able to touch 500 all in per annum comfortably
Only in pte practice.

In public practice, there is no more pfs.

So whether u fam med con, histopath con, im con, anaes, ortho con, ed con
All the new ones all flat rate
Reply With Quote
  #1780 (permalink)  
Old 06-03-2021, 10:14 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
did u expect anything else from our government?

for some reason doctors are always left out when it comes to salary reviews/ remuneration. did we not work as hard as or harder than nurses and allied health staff during COVID? are we not part of the healthcare community that led and braved the war against COVID and are still doing so up till this day?

i dont have anything against nurses.. but seriously speaking the nature of their work is not comparable to doctors - not the difficulty nor the responsibility it carries. all they do is take instructions from doctors. dispense meds, take vital signs, "pass report", clean patients up etc. IMHO even radiographers and sonographers have more skill - they need to know how to do ultrasound, scan CT/MRI and all its complexities.

back to the main point - drs are under appreciated and underpaid (those under MOHH anyway).
Disagree.
Nurses job is not easy. They deserve the pay.

Also dun over estimate yourself and your resposibilities as a junior doctor la.
Nothing but a robot following instructions as a ho or baby mo anyway.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
What happened to Life Sciences? Salary.sg Education and Personal Growth 50 22-05-2013 12:58 PM
What work-life balance? Salary.sg Income and Jobs 2 02-06-2008 11:48 PM

» 30 Recent Threads
Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,438 Replies, 1,397,163 Views
GovTech ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
499 Replies, 346,801 Views
MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
4,207 Replies, 2,596,944 Views
How is life as a doctor in... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,928 Replies, 1,463,345 Views
Top paying companies in SG for... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
101 Replies, 139,012 Views
DBS Graduate Associate Program ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,068 Replies, 567,949 Views
Career as Teacher ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
4,072 Replies, 2,579,967 Views
Lawyer Salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
14,372 Replies, 4,836,643 Views
IMDA (under MCI) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
168 Replies, 68,818 Views
Compare civil service salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
12,732 Replies, 7,493,142 Views
How much do you earn and save? ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
289 Replies, 112,115 Views
High Finance Thread ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
350 Replies, 112,077 Views
How much are you earning per annum? ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
12,782 Replies, 4,419,779 Views
Engineer Pay ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
331 Replies, 148,640 Views
GovTech Tech Associate Program... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
122 Replies, 45,291 Views
DBS tech seed programme ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,108 Replies, 271,936 Views
Working in a bank ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
524 Replies, 342,953 Views
SIM-UOL fresh grad starting pay ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
6,155 Replies, 1,721,773 Views
Exxon Mobil Equipment tech or... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,879 Replies, 629,784 Views
Hospital (Private or Public)... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
93 Replies, 27,344 Views
Queries about Cpib application ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,289 Replies, 652,486 Views
Anyone work in JPM/GS/Morgan... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
67 Replies, 10,861 Views
Mnc jobs - a must in life ?? ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
169 Replies, 69,103 Views
Getting MBA worth? ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
135 Replies, 101,402 Views
Relocation to the US or stay in SG? ( 1 2 3)
22 Replies, 1,060 Views
Compilation of MAs/Analysts Gross... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
824 Replies, 222,926 Views
NUS (National University of... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
130 Replies, 123,608 Views
Anyone jobless for a long time... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,103 Replies, 1,330,830 Views
Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,952 Replies, 1,812,913 Views
If you can't find a company here... ( 1 2 3)
23 Replies, 2,750 Views
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2



All times are GMT +8. The time now is 12:32 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2