How is life as a doctor in Singapore? - Page 149 - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries




How is life as a doctor in Singapore?

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1481 (permalink)  
Old 10-11-2020, 03:34 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Depending on the error, if very serious error, may get struck off (eg the recent ho who committed research fraud)
But most of the time your posting grading and subsequently your performance bonus will be affected.
Can elaborate what did the HO do and happened to the HO?

Reply With Quote
  #1482 (permalink)  
Old 11-11-2020, 08:49 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Can elaborate what did the HO do and happened to the HO?
s://.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/doctor-struck-off-register-giving-patient-employer-info-lying-13462300

Reply With Quote
  #1483 (permalink)  
Old 11-11-2020, 10:10 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Depending on the error, if very serious error, may get struck off (eg the recent ho who committed research fraud)
But most of the time your posting grading and subsequently your performance bonus will be affected.
How come ho commit research fraud immediately get struck off, but specialists Dr Julian Ong and Dr Chan Herng Nieng who take sexual advantage of female patient still allowed to practise?

s://.todayonline.com/singapore/high-court-finds-2-doctors-colluded-take-sexual-advantage-female-patient-not-woman-who

Reply With Quote
  #1484 (permalink)  
Old 11-11-2020, 11:21 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
How come ho commit research fraud immediately get struck off, but specialists Dr Julian Ong and Dr Chan Herng Nieng who take sexual advantage of female patient still allowed to practise?

s://.todayonline.com/singapore/high-court-finds-2-doctors-colluded-take-sexual-advantage-female-patient-not-woman-who
Cuz junior doctor mah. Once obtain full license, more difficult to get removed.
Reply With Quote
  #1485 (permalink)  
Old 12-11-2020, 11:08 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

May I ask around how old will a doctor be by the time a doctor graduates and can begin working as a specialist trainee?
Reply With Quote
  #1486 (permalink)  
Old 14-11-2020, 02:03 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
May I ask around how old will a doctor be by the time a doctor graduates and can begin working as a specialist trainee?
its simple mathematics but ok i will do it for you.
most doctors are a level graduates so they would finish A levels at 18 years old, enter Uni at 19

19 - M1
20 - M2
21 - M3
22 - M4
23 - M5
24 - HO
25 - MO/R1 at this point guys might need to return to serve out NS
26 - R2 (F), NS Year 1 (M)
27 - R3 (F), NS Year 2 (M)
28 - R4 (F), R1 for simplicity sake (M)
29 - R5 (F), R2 (M)
30 - for certain specialty female would have exited and be a specialist, R3 (M)
31 - R4 (M)
32 - R5 (M)
33 - Exits for male

this is an ideal scenerio for a person who enter residency in their first try and pick a residency like GM which training last 5 years.
Reply With Quote

  #1487 (permalink)  
Old 14-11-2020, 04:46 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
its simple mathematics but ok i will do it for you.
most doctors are a level graduates so they would finish A levels at 18 years old, enter Uni at 19

19 - M1
20 - M2
21 - M3
22 - M4
23 - M5
24 - HO
25 - MO/R1 at this point guys might need to return to serve out NS
26 - R2 (F), NS Year 1 (M)
27 - R3 (F), NS Year 2 (M)
28 - R4 (F), R1 for simplicity sake (M)
29 - R5 (F), R2 (M)
30 - for certain specialty female would have exited and be a specialist, R3 (M)
31 - R4 (M)
32 - R5 (M)
33 - Exits for male

this is an ideal scenerio for a person who enter residency in their first try and pick a residency like GM which training last 5 years.
Sorry I dont have doctor brain. I assume the answer to my question is 30 YO then become specialist trainee for females?
Reply With Quote
  #1488 (permalink)  
Old 14-11-2020, 07:20 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sorry I dont have doctor brain. I assume the answer to my question is 30 YO then become specialist trainee for females?
R means start training aka Residents
Exit means become registered specialist
Reply With Quote
  #1489 (permalink)  
Old 14-11-2020, 08:00 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

slight digression from income, female doctors how do you go about with family planning? when would it be a better/'good' time to have kids? after getting into residency etc?
Reply With Quote
  #1490 (permalink)  
Old 14-11-2020, 08:31 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

how difficult is it to become aGP with one of the private chains such as Raffles Medical?
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
What happened to Life Sciences? Salary.sg Education and Personal Growth 50 22-05-2013 12:58 PM
What work-life balance? Salary.sg Income and Jobs 2 02-06-2008 11:48 PM

» 30 Recent Threads
Lawyer Salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
13,771 Replies, 4,636,984 Views
Compare civil service salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
12,643 Replies, 7,366,211 Views
MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
4,086 Replies, 2,532,733 Views
If you can't find a company here... ( 1 2)
14 Replies, 1,648 Views
How is HTX Associate Programme... ( 1 2 3)
28 Replies, 7,298 Views
Roles in accenture singapore ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,023 Replies, 526,034 Views
Starting Pay for CS/Ministries... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
249 Replies, 111,509 Views
Career as Teacher ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
4,016 Replies, 2,511,669 Views
How much are you earning per annum? ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
12,701 Replies, 4,363,070 Views
How is life as a doctor in... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,787 Replies, 1,418,973 Views
Compilation of MAs/Analysts Gross... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
737 Replies, 201,900 Views
Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,718 Replies, 1,293,206 Views
Breaking the Letter Of Commitment... ( 1 2 3)
29 Replies, 26,380 Views
Process Engineer Salary
3 Replies, 5,153 Views
Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,914 Replies, 1,759,095 Views
Maybe it's rosy after all
1 Replies, 1,552 Views
Best-paying jobs in the US
1 Replies, 2,785 Views
Bad for dragon babies
1 Replies, 2,210 Views
NTU graduates starting pay
1 Replies, 5,425 Views
IT salary benchmark
1 Replies, 2,448 Views
Income tax child relief
1 Replies, 2,034 Views
Best paying jobs: Executive
2 Replies, 3,306 Views
Secret of Singapore's success
1 Replies, 1,836 Views
Get out of engineering
1 Replies, 2,525 Views
Top paying industry
1 Replies, 3,326 Views
Median income by age group
1 Replies, 8,091 Views
IT Salary Benchmarks
2 Replies, 1,592 Views
Salary Increment to be 5.2%
1 Replies, 3,668 Views
Millionaire Hawkers
3 Replies, 2,468 Views
Income Percentile
8 Replies, 2,706 Views
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2



All times are GMT +8. The time now is 10:43 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2