Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   How is life as a doctor in Singapore? (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/793-how-life-doctor-singapore.html)

Unregistered 13-07-2020 01:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 140678)
All the best to you and your family.

Each system has its own problems and benefits.

I would say the requirements of your personal life decide where you should practice.

My partner is very disturbed by the unrest in the US in the recent times and the ramifications of these unrest over the next few years. She does not feel safe raising our family in an environment like that...

Unregistered 13-07-2020 09:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 141583)
My partner is very disturbed by the unrest in the US in the recent times and the ramifications of these unrest over the next few years. She does not feel safe raising our family in an environment like that...

Singapore is also towards a more democratic society as the polls show.
Hopefully sinkies both extreme ends with their quality education can recognise the need to be less extreme in their views.

Peaceful civil society.

Unregistered 13-07-2020 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 141590)
Singapore is also towards a more democratic society as the polls show.
Hopefully sinkies both extreme ends with their quality education can recognise the need to be less extreme in their views.

Peaceful civil society.

Singaporeans have started to be more xenophobic. They are against foreigners going to Singapore to take up jobs.

So be prepared to face some hostility when you move to Singapore.

Unregistered 13-07-2020 08:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 141616)
Singaporeans have started to be more xenophobic. They are against foreigners going to Singapore to take up jobs.

But he is local born sinkie that is moving back?
Generally sinkie patients dont discriminate against amdk, only ceca, due to pinkerton effect

Unregistered 13-07-2020 09:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 141643)
But he is local born sinkie that is moving back?
Generally sinkie patients dont discriminate against amdk, only ceca, due to pinkerton effect

That's not what I have seen and read.

Remember those mask drinking beer on boat quay?

Unregistered 14-07-2020 11:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 141616)

I'm not really a "foreigner", just foreign-educated. I served my time digging trenches and 32km route marches too.

Unregistered 14-07-2020 09:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 141677)
I'm not really a "foreigner", just foreign-educated. I served my time digging trenches and 32km route marches too.

Then you should be very happy to come back home. What's the worry?

Why didn't you do medical school in one of the Singapore med schools?

US system is post grad for medical school. So it takes longer.

Unregistered 14-07-2020 09:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 141677)

You should be welcomed home then, given the push away from globalisation we value foreign-trained Singaporeans to avoid the tendency towards academic inbreeding if we only rely too much on the NUS YLL/Duke NUS/NTU grads.

Plus Singapore should be for true blue Singaporeans after all.

Unregistered 14-07-2020 09:53 PM

Is your wife Singaporean? Besides Singapore being a safer place to raise kids compared to USA, is there any other reason for coming back to Singapore?

Unregistered 16-07-2020 08:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 141722)
Then you should be very happy to come back home. What's the worry?

Why didn't you do medical school in one of the Singapore med schools?

US system is post grad for medical school. So it takes longer.

My parents had decided to immigrate so the choice to stay was not really mine to make as an <18 yo.

The US education does take a bit longer but I do get an additional bachelor's degree out of the entire process. Besides bragging rights for my parents, it is not really race to see who can graduate earlier. It's a lifelong career. I am thankful to my parents for the opportunity to study and train abroad though.