Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   How is life as a doctor in Singapore? (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/793-how-life-doctor-singapore.html)

Unregistered 05-04-2020 01:03 AM

Hi everyone!
Firstly, hope everyone and their families are safe and sound. And thank you to everyone here who is working hard day and night!

I'm a returning IMG, non-PEG holder who is due to start work in July. After scouring through this forum, I'm becoming increasingly worried about our futures in SG

Would just like to ask a few questions the seniors here about HO and residency application here, if anyone is able to answer them:

1. What factors do the SIs prioritise in applicants? HO/MOPEX performance? Supervisor references? Undergrad results?

2. What can I do to increase my chances during HO/MOPEX in terms of obtaining a position?

3. Any tips on how to become a good HO?

I'm currently interested in Internal Medicine and then, with fingers crossed, I'm hoping to enter Palliative/Med Onco thereafter.

Many many thanks to anyone who is taking their time to answer the questions!

Unregistered 05-04-2020 08:27 AM

Would like to check in this current covid situation, if a doctor gets covid, (I understand so for there are 2 doctors confirmed with covid), does that mean that all other doctors and nurses working in the same team or shift with him will be under quarantine?

PhuaCK 10-04-2020 04:28 PM

Are these two senior consultants still practising or are they being protected by their ex-classmates in SMC? One is a SGH psychiatrist who abuses vulnerable mental patients.
s://.straitstimes.com/singapore/health/surgeon-loses-defamation-suit-as-judge-upholds-womans-claim-that-he-took

s://.singhealth.com.sg/profile/chan-herng-nieng
://drjulianong.sg/our-clinic/

Unregistered 10-04-2020 07:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PhuaCK (Post 132070)
Are these two senior consultants still practising or are they being protected by their ex-classmates in SMC? One is a SGH psychiatrist who abuses vulnerable mental patients.
s://.straitstimes.com/singapore/health/surgeon-loses-defamation-suit-as-judge-upholds-womans-claim-that-he-took

Dunno. You can write a forum letter for extra pressure

Unregistered 10-04-2020 07:42 PM

Quote:

How come these 2 doctors still can practise?
SMC protecting their own and swept under carpet for years?
Maybe need do investigation on SMC members too.

Unregistered 11-04-2020 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 132087)
How come these 2 doctors still can practise?
SMC protecting their own and swept under carpet for years?
Maybe need do investigation on SMC members too.

Calm down. That was just the civil proceedings for defamation
Dr having sex with own patient. You can bet SMC is looking into it

The standard of proof to convict for the Disciplinary Tribunal is "beyond reasonable doubt" so I'm pretty sure they're building their case against them

Unregistered 11-04-2020 07:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 132107)
Calm down. That was just the civil proceedings for defamation
Dr having sex with own patient. You can bet SMC is looking into it

The standard of proof to convict for the Disciplinary Tribunal is "beyond reasonable doubt" so I'm pretty sure they're building their case against them

they got the guts to sue for defamation, lawlessness in the city had reached an unconscionable and intolerable level when predator and guilty can cry wolf...

no case against them already, rich always gets away scotfree

Unregistered 11-04-2020 07:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 131801)
Would like to check in this current covid situation, if a doctor gets covid, (I understand so for there are 2 doctors confirmed with covid), does that mean that all other doctors and nurses working in the same team or shift with him will be under quarantine?

have you asked moh?

Unregistered 11-04-2020 09:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 132132)
have you asked moh?

They look at contact status, and swab the contacts. And quarantine the people that has closw contact.

In singapore we have 1:400 doctor to pop ratio

Since we have over 2000 cases, it is inevitable some docs will get covid from the community

Unregistered 14-04-2020 03:10 AM

Quote:

Quite the opposite. Most of the doctors who know these two have stopped referring patients to them.

And they even warn other colleagues not to refer to them.