Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Engineer salary (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/786-engineer-salary.html)

mack 15-10-2009 07:32 PM

Engineer salary

Would like to do a benchmarking of engineering salary across various industries.

I am a R&D engineer with ~ 6 years of experience in a electronic manufacturing co. I graduated with a first class honours and a master degree from NTU. My current compensation is $3620/mth. My bonus is no more than 2 weeks for the last 3 years (other than my AWS). Am I underpaid, normal or overpaid for an engineer?

Unregistered 15-10-2009 08:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mack (Post 4863)
Would like to do a benchmarking of engineering salary across various industries.

I am a R&D engineer with ~ 6 years of experience in a electronic manufacturing co. I graduated with a first class honours and a master degree from NTU. My current compensation is $3620/mth. My bonus is no more than 2 weeks for the last 3 years (other than my AWS). Am I underpaid, normal or overpaid for an engineer?

Underpaid. Join a bank if possible. They're hiring again, esp in Asia.

argri 16-10-2009 03:56 PM

u are okay......look for exposure & overseas opportunities
money will come....

i started drawing $2200, 8 yrs now i drawing 5 digits....pay...

Unregistered 16-10-2009 09:05 PM

Quote:

u r very underpaid for ur case as 1st class + master holder.

this days 1st class engineering holder fresh grad working in DSTA are getting around $3880
2nd upper = $3580

as for my case i start work in ST aerospace in 2007 with $2900 2nd lower class engineering

Unregistered 16-10-2009 11:26 PM

Quote:

Mack, I saw your post rubbishing some report in the other thread at https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/....html#post4864

With the kind of pathetic logic you presented, you certainly deserve the pathetic $3620/mth pay you're getting. No need to ask around. Your pay is rubbish.

Btw, I know of one NTU grad making 10 times your salary at your same age. He didn't even graduated with honours. For a moment, I thought all NTU grads make as much as him... until I saw your pathetic posts. hahaha. [End of Sarcasm].

poor 28-10-2009 10:00 AM

do you have any misunderstanding with your superior or ever happen conflict with any of them? sometimes office politic play some part.

for your case, i would say it is "under" for a period of time ?!?! what is your starting?
if the starting is low... may be that's the "standard" pay of the company. leave earlier for better

Unregistered 16-03-2010 03:48 PM

pay in st aerospace

hi, may i know how much st aerospace is paying for a first class honours from ntu nowadays?

Unregistered 16-03-2010 10:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 5451)
hi, may i know how much st aerospace is paying for a first class honours from ntu nowadays?

May I know what companies are hiring aerospace engineer in sg?

Windy 30-03-2010 03:52 PM

Quote:

I'm doing recruitment. Just a little under but not too bad. I've got R&D engineer in the same sector as you with about the same number of years of experience drawing $3~$4K.

Mymy 26-07-2010 10:03 AM

Hey, I think your waaaaaaaay underpaid. When i got out of college, I was making 4k a month rigth out, that's 8 years ago. You should make 80-90k a year !!!