Civil Service Pay - Director level - Page 10 - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries




Civil Service Pay - Director level

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #91 (permalink)  
Old 11-06-2013, 03:29 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi,

I am a WSH (work safety health) manager in my 40s and in a Pte company currently and am a poly grad. I saw a job offer with NEA for the position of AD in my fields of expetise. I have about 7-8 yrs of experience in the field of WSH


As such I wan to ask what will the salary most likely like and what are the chances of me able to get in without a degree....
ADs are Div1, as a poly grad you are not eligible for Div1 position. My suggestion to you is if you really want to join government, go buy a degree from an accredited university.

Reply With Quote
  #92 (permalink)  
Old 11-06-2013, 05:35 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
ADs are Div1, as a poly grad you are not eligible for Div1 position. My suggestion to you is if you really want to join government, go buy a degree from an accredited university.
MSO 4 and above are Div 1. However to be frank, I have never seen an AD who is on MSO scheme but technically it is possible.

And the last sentence is kind of condescending yeah...



Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills
Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills


SG Bus Timing App
SG Bus Timing App - the best bus app - available on iOS and Android


SGX Stocks Android App - check share prices
SGX Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go


SGX Stocks for iPad - check latest Singapore share prices
SGX Stocks [iPad] app
| SGX Stocks [iPhone] app
Reply With Quote
  #93 (permalink)  
Old 11-06-2013, 06:10 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
MSO 4 and above are Div 1. However to be frank, I have never seen an AD who is on MSO scheme but technically it is possible.

And the last sentence is kind of condescending yeah...
yes, technically it is possible. It's the ceiling of MSO scheme actually.

Reply With Quote
  #94 (permalink)  
Old 12-06-2013, 09:53 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
MSO 4 and above are Div 1. However to be frank, I have never seen an AD who is on MSO scheme but technically it is possible.

And the last sentence is kind of condescending yeah...
I am aware of the overlap b/w Div1 & Div2, but I am answering specifically to his case here. There is no way a poly grad with only 7 years exp going to be offered AD job. I believe AD equivalent for MSO is Grade 2, I have never heard of a poly guy with 7 years exp being offered at such a high grade , i.e. he is not eligible for all intents and purposes.

In what way is asking him to buy a degree condescending? I am just stating hard facts here. He can claim however good he is, but government policy is clear cut, with only 7 years exp no degree no AD talk. What's the point of sugar coating the whole thing and give him false hope and send him on a wild goose chase?

I ask this again, has anyone heard of any poly grad who is Assistant Director with just 7 years experience?


Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills
Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills


SG Bus Timing App
SG Bus Timing App - the best bus app - available on iOS and Android


SGX Stocks Android App - check share prices
SGX Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go


SGX Stocks for iPad - check latest Singapore share prices
SGX Stocks [iPad] app
| SGX Stocks [iPhone] app
Reply With Quote
  #95 (permalink)  
Old 12-06-2013, 10:37 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am aware of the overlap b/w Div1 & Div2, but I am answering specifically to his case here. There is no way a poly grad with only 7 years exp going to be offered AD job. I believe AD equivalent for MSO is Grade 2, I have never heard of a poly guy with 7 years exp being offered at such a high grade , i.e. he is not eligible for all intents and purposes.

In what way is asking him to buy a degree condescending? I am just stating hard facts here. He can claim however good he is, but government policy is clear cut, with only 7 years exp no degree no AD talk. What's the point of sugar coating the whole thing and give him false hope and send him on a wild goose chase?

I ask this again, has anyone heard of any poly grad who is Assistant Director with just 7 years experience?
AD post can be anything these days to be honest. I know of MSO 4 being heads of departments and MX 12 being ADs. MX 12 roughly translates to MSO 4 according to rough HR policy guidelines. I do not know how NEA judges their criteria internally so I can't comment on that though.

Agree on not sugar coating but you can encourage him to upgrade himself, not ask him to buy one. The phrasing used is not nice yeah. To be frank that degree paper (be it local/distance/wadever) is getting stale, I see tons of people coming in with Double Ds(hehe), Post Grad Dip, Masters and sometimes even all of them (!!).
Reply With Quote
  #96 (permalink)  
Old 12-06-2013, 10:38 AM
Super Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 231
cslee is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
..... He can claim however good he is, but government policy is clear cut, with only 7 years exp no degree no AD talk. ....
It's not clear to me that no degree = no AD. Can enlighten me which IM policy is it?
Reply With Quote

  #97 (permalink)  
Old 12-06-2013, 11:00 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
AD post can be anything these days to be honest. I know of MSO 4 being heads of departments and MX 12 being ADs. MX 12 roughly translates to MSO 4 according to rough HR policy guidelines. I do not know how NEA judges their criteria internally so I can't comment on that though.

Agree on not sugar coating but you can encourage him to upgrade himself, not ask him to buy one. The phrasing used is not nice yeah. To be frank that degree paper (be it local/distance/wadever) is getting stale, I see tons of people coming in with Double Ds(hehe), Post Grad Dip, Masters and sometimes even all of them (!!).
Let's skip the debating about policies. Again I ask, has anyone ever heard of a poly grad with 7 years exp being appointed as Assistant Director? If there ever was one, he/she will be the talk of the town and the whole governement service would have heard of him. Until someone is able to cite evidence otherwise, he is not eligible for an AD job for all intents and purposes.

If he wants to upgrade himself personally he can choose whatever he has interest in at his own leisure, that has nothing to do with his question now. My advice still stands: if he wants to get into Div1 government job, go buy an accredited degree, i.e. get the cheapest recognised generic business degree that requires minimal/no studying involved.

There is no shame in buying degrees, it is just a piece of document like your NRIC to faciliate in performing certain transactions (in this case to get a Div1 government job).
Reply With Quote
  #98 (permalink)  
Old 12-06-2013, 02:51 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Let's skip the debating about policies. Again I ask, has anyone ever heard of a poly grad with 7 years exp being appointed as Assistant Director? If there ever was one, he/she will be the talk of the town and the whole governement service would have heard of him. Until someone is able to cite evidence otherwise, he is not eligible for an AD job for all intents and purposes.

If he wants to upgrade himself personally he can choose whatever he has interest in at his own leisure, that has nothing to do with his question now. My advice still stands: if he wants to get into Div1 government job, go buy an accredited degree, i.e. get the cheapest recognised generic business degree that requires minimal/no studying involved.

There is no shame in buying degrees, it is just a piece of document like your NRIC to faciliate in performing certain transactions (in this case to get a Div1 government job).
Well, I did mention in my previous posts (hard to tell since we are all unregistered lol) that its only technically possible but personally I had never seen/heard of one.

On the 'buy' terminology, lets just agree to disagree yeah. I mean its not like you can put it in your CV that you bought your degree ^_^
Reply With Quote
  #99 (permalink)  
Old 12-06-2013, 04:46 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Pls stop being an idiot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cslee View Post
It's not clear to me that no degree = no AD. Can enlighten me which IM policy is it?
Reply With Quote
  #100 (permalink)  
Old 12-06-2013, 05:25 PM
Super Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 231
cslee is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Pls stop being an idiot.
I doubt you are even a civil servant, not sure who's the fake one and act like a fool here
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Civil Service Bonus 2007 Salary.sg Income and Jobs 9 18-03-2010 12:42 PM
High Earners In Civil Service Salary.sg Income and Jobs 29 28-04-2009 10:29 AM
Civil Service Bonus 2008, and pay cut for ministers Salary.sg Income and Jobs 10 20-01-2009 11:22 PM
HK civil service salary hike Salary.sg Income and Jobs 5 21-11-2008 11:57 PM
Civil Service Bonus mid-2008 Salary.sg Income and Jobs 6 15-07-2008 01:40 AM

» 30 Recent Threads
IMDA (under MCI) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
220 Replies, 82,994 Views
Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
4,060 Replies, 1,528,828 Views
MAS for Mid Career Professionals ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
676 Replies, 341,057 Views
High Finance Thread ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
423 Replies, 129,547 Views
NCS (SingTel subsidiary) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
605 Replies, 479,495 Views
Exxon Mobil Equipment tech or... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,935 Replies, 650,427 Views
Roles in accenture singapore ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,185 Replies, 589,891 Views
GovTech ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
793 Replies, 389,207 Views
Year end bonus for civil service ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
354 Replies, 73,435 Views
Compare civil service salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
13,003 Replies, 7,679,849 Views
GovTech Tech Associate Program... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
181 Replies, 56,837 Views
How is life as a doctor in... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,256 Replies, 1,540,135 Views
MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
4,333 Replies, 2,679,099 Views
If you can't find a company here... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
30 Replies, 4,520 Views
Career as Teacher ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
4,175 Replies, 2,692,426 Views
How much are you earning per annum? ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
12,875 Replies, 4,491,379 Views
ITE Polytechnic Scheme ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
134 Replies, 140,754 Views
Hospital (Private or Public)... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
104 Replies, 33,332 Views
AML/Compliance/KYC professionals... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,545 Replies, 769,857 Views
Credit Suisse ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
154 Replies, 98,530 Views
Singtel Management Associate... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
285 Replies, 162,445 Views
Lawyer Salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
14,951 Replies, 5,076,788 Views
Officer Role in Bank of Tokyo -... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
212 Replies, 176,127 Views
DBS tech seed programme ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,260 Replies, 320,288 Views
Civil Service Performance Bonus ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,812 Replies, 2,169,944 Views
Compilation of MAs/Analysts Gross... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
845 Replies, 248,326 Views
Ex-MOE Teachers ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
149 Replies, 197,763 Views
ST Electronics ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,412 Replies, 647,618 Views
Htx ( 1 2)
19 Replies, 2,416 Views
CSA (Cyber Security Agency) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
295 Replies, 119,041 Views
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2



All times are GMT +8. The time now is 12:08 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2