Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries

Lawyer Salary

Old 24-11-2021, 09:21 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
No no, I understood perfectly that the poster (or are you the OP) said "assuming it is not A&G", that 9.5k for 4 PQE seems standard, but isn't that for A&G's current increased pay?

I referred to A&G's previous payscale (i.e. the general big4 payscale currently sans A&G's updated payscale). I believe that most big4 have payscales similar to A&G's previous payscale, which was 5.6k NQ, 6.5k 1 PQE, 7.8k 2 PQE. For example, WongP's NQ pay is 6k.

Therefore, I really can't believe that 9.5 4 PQE is "standard" as you seem to be implying. What's going on between 2-3 PQE and 3-4 PQE for the pay to only rise so little (compared to the NQ-1PQE and 1PQE-2PQE jump)?

Additionally, 3-4PQE is the time you generally get bumped to SA, which should imply a bigger salary bump than the previous year.
No need to think so much.

4PQEs in A&G get more than 9.5k.

Either OP is lying or A&G cut his PQE when he lateralled in (i.e. he is 4 PQE in experience but he is on the 3PQE payscale), which is actually very common.

Old 24-11-2021, 09:50 AM
Unregistered

Default Admission Stuff

Hi all, I will be getting called soon and filing my admission papers. I would like to get some clarity on the declarations to be made in the affidavit, and in particular, the last declaration "of any fact that affects my suitability to practise" - seems to be broadly worded. Can I check what else you may need to declare? Just want to make sure I'm complying with the requirements and don't have to file supplementary affidavits or risk my application being objected to.

Old 24-11-2021, 10:36 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Hi all, I will be getting called soon and filing my admission papers. I would like to get some clarity on the declarations to be made in the affidavit, and in particular, the last declaration "of any fact that affects my suitability to practise" - seems to be broadly worded. Can I check what else you may need to declare? Just want to make sure I'm complying with the requirements and don't have to file supplementary affidavits or risk my application being objected to.
you have no seniors to ask or precedents to refer to? if you can't even interpret this line, not sure you deserve to be called bro

Old 24-11-2021, 10:44 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Generally speaking, you shouldn't have anything to declare, except the below:

You should declare any issue that involves the police (i.e. charges, fines, warnings etc).

You should also declare any Court cases against you if they are relevant to your honesty/integrity (i.e. any Civil Claim for cheating etc).

You should also declare any Undergrad/Postgrad academic issues (i.e. academic dishonesty or cheating).

These declarations extend to overseas issues as well (i.e. overseas charges, court cases or overseas uni cheating).
Old 24-11-2021, 11:15 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
There are now guidelines which have been set out on the law soc and AGC websites.
Old 24-11-2021, 11:19 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
pls declare early if you have anything to declare even if it's trivial stuff, I had to declare some minor traffic offences and they took a while to process it. they dont owe it to u to process it in time for your desired hearing date, it is fully within their rights to push u to the next date

Old 24-11-2021, 11:22 AM
Unregistered

Good morning everyone, I am a young lawyer. Not in Big 4 but decent place doing litigation for a decent boss. Graduated with 2nd Upper. The hours are challenging so far but I accept this is par for the course and will only get worse. That is fine. I know this come with the territory.

I'm very passionate about litigation and I know this is idealistic but I am certain that litigation is it for me and what I want to do in the long term. While money is important, it is less a concern for me than experience and the purpose behind the work. Would it make sense to apply to go legal service to be a DPP? Does anyone know if it will give me a lot of litigation experience? I know there are quite a few SCs in the Legal Service and I wonder if we would get exposure to some of them if we joined the Legal Service. Goes without saying that I would love to eventually be SC but I also know that this may be a pipe dream. But one can hope.

Would it make sense joining legal service or would staying in private practice be the way to go to develop as a litigator? If so, should I try to move to a big firm to get exposure to SCs so that I can develop as a litigator further? Would be thankful for some frank thoughts.
Old 24-11-2021, 11:57 AM
Unregistered

Quote:

Either OP is lying or A&G cut his PQE when he lateralled in (i.e. he is 4 PQE in experience but he is on the 3PQE payscale), which is actually very common.
Its me. Real huan hor. Chiu jealous then dunch chap jik kar
Old 24-11-2021, 12:11 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Its me. Real huan hor. Chiu jealous then dunch chap jik kar
Good lord if it's this bad on an anonymous internet forum imagine how much worse it is inside his head
Old 24-11-2021, 01:35 PM
Unregistered

Quote:

Or OP don’t know how to count PQE lol.