Old 22-06-2021, 03:35 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Just ignore him lol he's a troll nobody can be this dumb on purpose
I think you mean nobody can be this dumb not on purpose.. and agreed

Old 22-06-2021, 03:59 PM
Unregistered

As a non-lawyer, I'm interested to know what a lawyer can do for me e.g. if I need to get divorced, or kena arrested, as opposed to doing it myself. Especially since my friends who have gotten uncontested divorces paid $3.5k, later regretted and said they paid for lawyer for nothing and could have done it themselves

I don't think that poster (?) is a troll, and I would appreciate any sharing (preferably without repeatedly getting called a moron)

Old 22-06-2021, 04:07 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
As a non-lawyer, I'm interested to know what a lawyer can do for me e.g. if I need to get divorced, or kena arrested, as opposed to doing it myself. Especially since my friends who have gotten uncontested divorces paid $3.5k, later regretted and said they paid for lawyer for nothing and could have done it themselves

I don't think that poster (?) is a troll, and I would appreciate any sharing (preferably without repeatedly getting called a moron)
The other poster was talking about it from a business standpoint and basically saying a lawyer's salary shouldnt depend on how much revenue he brings it from the firm. That's moronic.

Your question is different - you're asking about whether the lawyer's fee is justified. No one is saying that a lawyer makes a difference in every case, or that they will end up saving you more than you would spend otherwise. But sometimes, the law can be very hard to understand and the results of not knowing your legal rights (or obligations) can have disastrous consequences. Of course, most of the time it's straightforward and it might feel to you like your lawyer didnt really do much. But a decent lawyer would have done a lot of checks to make sure you that you are entitled to not do much. You're paying for that.

Old 22-06-2021, 04:07 PM
Unregistered

I am wondering if some of the female Singaporean lawyers in large firms have hairy pussys. Since lawyers are conservative (this is an assumption), does that also reflect in their grooming? In my opinion, the hairier the better but I am curious hehe. Secondly, have any lawyers ever allowed their male counterparts to finger them or have couples ever had sex discreetly in the office?
Old 22-06-2021, 04:20 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
The other poster was talking about it from a business standpoint and basically saying a lawyer's salary shouldnt depend on how much revenue he brings it from the firm. That's moronic.

Your question is different - you're asking about whether the lawyer's fee is justified. No one is saying that a lawyer makes a difference in every case, or that they will end up saving you more than you would spend otherwise. But sometimes, the law can be very hard to understand and the results of not knowing your legal rights (or obligations) can have disastrous consequences. Of course, most of the time it's straightforward and it might feel to you like your lawyer didnt really do much. But a decent lawyer would have done a lot of checks to make sure you that you are entitled to not do much. You're paying for that.
Thank you, appreciate it, can I ask to see those checks that my lawyer has done ? If I would like to know in detail what I am paying for
Old 22-06-2021, 04:30 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Thank you, appreciate it, can I ask to see those checks that my lawyer has done ? If I would like to know in detail what I am paying for
Just ask? The lawyer has an ethical responsibility to inform you of what services they are providing and justify their time costs

Old 22-06-2021, 05:28 PM
Unregistered

To the above poster, I am not sure how to reply to that but if you date a Singaporean lawyer you can tell them not to shave, and then just lick play with their pubic hair loh, there's just something sexy about playing with a women's parts in the room, after putting on a "show" for the public regarding their capabilities
Old 22-06-2021, 07:22 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
The only important point was "the breakeven point for hiring a fresh lawyer is estimated at 3x their pay" - who comes up with this stuff?

It seems so arbitrary, like an excuse to work backwards and say because I bill $600k a year, I should be paid $200k a year and therefore ~$17k a month.

What kind of client is willing to instruct a bunch of 24yos who each earn $17k a month?
I will tell you which type of client: GIC, Temasek, Mapletree Investments, Razer, Sea, Grab just to name a few local names.
Old 22-06-2021, 08:45 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
So basically the entire premise is it takes money to produce more money, therefore pay me more money

That is a terrible premise for asking for more money tbh, I mean if that is all you can muster then lawyer salaries should go down instead of up since it's really not apparent what value lawyers provide beyond WORK MANY HURR and WORK HARD DURR

But you're retarded and I very much suspect not a lawyer. Do you even know how law firm economics work? Some of us are very senior associates here on the cusp of salaried partnerships. Some of us are alr salaried partners. I doubt real EPs are trawling this forum though.

We actually know how the business works. It is our business to know. I billed literally > than 5 times my salary last year. My team and I got a nice fat bonus. Covid wasn't even a thing lol.

Nobody gives a flying f uck what objective philosophical value you ascribe to legal services. All we care about is how much the market is willing to pay for it.

We work for clients that can afford to pay very generously. Believe me, their paying their own executives even fatter stacks of cash and benefits. If you don't have clients that can pay that well, then sorry to say, your firm or your firm's services are s hit.
Old 22-06-2021, 09:27 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
But you're retarded and I very much suspect not a lawyer. Do you even know how law firm economics work? Some of us are very senior associates here on the cusp of salaried partnerships. Some of us are alr salaried partners. I doubt real EPs are trawling this forum though.

We actually know how the business works. It is our business to know. I billed literally > than 5 times my salary last year. My team and I got a nice fat bonus. Covid wasn't even a thing lol.

Nobody gives a flying f uck what objective philosophical value you ascribe to legal services. All we care about is how much the market is willing to pay for it.

We work for clients that can afford to pay very generously. Believe me, their paying their own executives even fatter stacks of cash and benefits. If you don't have clients that can pay that well, then sorry to say, your firm or your firm's services are s hit.
Hear Hear!