Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries

Lawyer Salary

Old 24-07-2019, 11:51 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Apologies, i should have been more specific.
At PQE 5, you should be looking at around 7k.

After PQE 5, a lot depends on whether you make partner, whether you can bring in clients, whether you can nego a fee-sharing arrangement. There's a wide range of salaries from PQE 5-10 at mid-size firms.
Totally incorrect. 5 PQE is probably at least 9k to 10k even for a mid tier, Chambers or Legal500 Band 3/Band 4 ranked firm.

I think your idea of mid size is those 5 to 10 lawyer shop with an office in chinatown or B grade office on the outskirts of town. That's not mid tier. That's like small shitty outfits.

Old 25-07-2019, 12:23 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Totally incorrect. 5 PQE is probably at least 9k to 10k even for a mid tier, Chambers or Legal500 Band 3/Band 4 ranked firm.

I think your idea of mid size is those 5 to 10 lawyer shop with an office in chinatown or B grade office on the outskirts of town. That's not mid tier. That's like small shitty outfits.
Ooh salty, you must be from those so-called 'mid tier' shitty firms.

Old 25-07-2019, 09:03 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
typo. i mean law firm. senior asso at mid size firm with 5 pqe is about 7k
Pardon me for asking, am from outside the industry looking to enter
Always thought 5PQE would be much higher

Friend of friend in her late 20s 6PQE is about 9K+

Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills
Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills

SG Bus Timing App
SG Bus Timing App - the best bus app - available on iOS and Android

Bursa Stocks Android App - check share prices
Bursa Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go

SGX Stocks Android App - check share prices
SGX Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go

SGX Stocks for iPad - check latest Singapore share prices
SGX Stocks [iPad] app
| SGX Stocks [iPhone] app
Old 25-07-2019, 09:12 AM
Unregistered

Quote:

Hmm. i would take this with a pinch of salt.
Yes, there are mid tier firms that will pay 9-10k for PQE5....
I wouldn't say this is the norm. At least not for the current batch of rising PQE3/4/5s who make up the glut years.
Old 25-07-2019, 01:55 PM
Unregistered

currently i have been dating this girl for 3-4 months, nothing official.

my background: i am a regular office worker, hardworking and well liked by my firm no doubt, but prospects are just mediocre, max salary in the future maybe 10k? very regular family background.

her background: she is a v successful lawyer, on track to become partner with ???sky high salary? i think? looks-wise, not the hottest girl in town, but tall, slim, not-bad kinda pretty. rich family.

issue:
- she is a "prototypical" GCP in every sense of the word. expensive restaurants/spas/holidays are part of her daily life, and socializes with lots of her "atas" friends. e.g. more or less every single day eat $50/pax restaurant for dinner kind.
- whereas i am a typical low SES lifestyle kind of sinkie guy.
- she told me directly she wants a guy who has a good career, but that if the guy character is good enough, actually she can accept any guy.

2 weeks ago i told her directly that i quite like her but her lifestyle and aspirations may be too different for anything to materialize.

to my total surprise she told me that shes willing to change a bit and thinks we can work out. but she also said, this is the way she lives and since she is self sufficient i shouldnt b concerned.

apart from GCP issue she is real nice and considerate to me. although on my part money is smth not ez to come by and as a "value" system i dont believe in throwing away money for enjoyment so much

hmmm i know every relationship has its own permutations and details lar, and this is just a over-simplified overview. But im wondering what edmw bros think about such a girl?
Old 25-07-2019, 07:25 PM
ivy lawyer

Quote:

my background: i am a regular office worker, hardworking and well liked by my firm no doubt, but prospects are just mediocre, max salary in the future maybe 10k? very regular family background.

her background: she is a v successful lawyer, on track to become partner with ???sky high salary? i think? looks-wise, not the hottest girl in town, but tall, slim, not-bad kinda pretty. rich family.

issue:
- she is a "prototypical" GCP in every sense of the word. expensive restaurants/spas/holidays are part of her daily life, and socializes with lots of her "atas" friends. e.g. more or less every single day eat $50/pax restaurant for dinner kind.
- she told me directly she wants a guy who has a good career, but that if the guy character is good enough, actually she can accept any guy.

2 weeks ago i told her directly that i quite like her but her lifestyle and aspirations may be too different for anything to materialize.

to my total surprise she told me that shes willing to change a bit and thinks we can work out. but she also said, this is the way she lives and since she is self sufficient i shouldnt b concerned.

apart from GCP issue she is real nice and considerate to me. although on my part money is smth not ez to come by and as a "value" system i dont believe in throwing away money for enjoyment so much

hmmm i know every relationship has its own permutations and details lar, and this is just a over-simplified overview. But im wondering what edmw bros think about such a girl?
thanks for your cool story bro +1

Old 25-07-2019, 08:44 PM
Unregistered

Quote:

issue:

Piak first. Talk later
Old 25-07-2019, 09:29 PM
Unregistered

Quote:

issue:

How old is the law girl. >30?
Old 25-07-2019, 09:33 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Hmm. i would take this with a pinch of salt.
Yes, there are mid tier firms that will pay 9-10k for PQE5....
I wouldn't say this is the norm. At least not for the current batch of rising PQE3/4/5s who make up the glut years.
I am the OP of the 11:51 PM post

Which is why there's a fundamental misconception with what is mid tier.

Midtier doesn't just mean mid sized. It means reputable firms by any measure that are not big 4 and rodyk.

We're talking about those that are at least band 3/4 in various practice areas, with some strong (band 1/2) practices.

This segment of firms include Shook Lin, TSMP, Stamford, ATMD, Wong & Leow, Harry Elias etc

Seems like lots of law students and fresh grads here who don't really understand the market.
Old 25-07-2019, 09:38 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
I am the OP of the 11:51 PM post

Which is why there's a fundamental misconception with what is mid tier.

Midtier doesn't just mean mid sized. It means reputable firms by any measure that are not big 4 and rodyk.

We're talking about those that are at least band 3/4 in various practice areas, with some strong (band 1/2) practices.

This segment of firms include Shook Lin, TSMP, Stamford, ATMD, Wong & Leow, Harry Elias etc

Seems like lots of law students and fresh grads here who don't really understand the market.
Pls la. W&L is not mid tier.

They pay better than big 4. A Y3 Associate in W&L earns more than some junior partner in big 4.