Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Lawyer Salary (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/771-lawyer-salary.html)

Unregistered 18-10-2020 11:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 147571)
Anyone knows what is TSMP NQ salary?

They used to boast it was 7k (in order to be higher than the big4 market average) - but now that they did a firmwide partner salary cut of around 25% - I'm gonna guess that assoc pay is cut by at least 10%.

Unregistered 19-10-2020 12:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 147572)
They used to boast it was 7k (in order to be higher than the big4 market average) - but now that they did a firmwide partner salary cut of around 25% - I'm gonna guess that assoc pay is cut by at least 10%.

5.4 or less I believe

Unregistered 19-10-2020 12:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 147575)
5.4 or less I believe

Correct me if I'm wrong

Unregistered 19-10-2020 01:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 147575)
5.4 or less I believe

Ya correct

Unregistered 19-10-2020 01:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 147577)
Ya correct

So it was a firmwide 25% cut? that's crazy.

Unregistered 19-10-2020 01:37 AM

any practicing lawyer here facing burnt out and hates the work?

having to meet unreasonable clients demands and court deadlines and bosses in a toxic environment

how do you guys cope?

Unregistered 19-10-2020 02:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 147579)
any practicing lawyer here facing burnt out and hates the work?

having to meet unreasonable clients demands and court deadlines and bosses in a toxic environment

how do you guys cope?

Errr me. I just tendered my resignation not too long ago and got another job offer. In the meantime I still have so many files to clear. I know it’s tough to find something in the present economy but there are still plenty of jobs out there that pays decently.

Unregistered 19-10-2020 02:21 AM

Not the OP but I am with one of the big four tier one corp department and I am thinking of switching to family law. I know the pay is not as good but pay is really not my concern. My priority is to find work which gives me better satisfaction. I foresee myself having more fulfilment in doing family cases and having the personal touch with clients, knowing that my work will help them significantly in their personal lives.

Can a helpful soul give some guidance or sneak peak of how the family law practice is like? Will I get a better sense of fulfilment than being in the corporate field?

Unregistered 19-10-2020 07:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 147581)
Not the OP but I am with one of the big four tier one corp department and I am thinking of switching to family law. I know the pay is not as good but pay is really not my concern. My priority is to find work which gives me better satisfaction. I foresee myself having more fulfilment in doing family cases and having the personal touch with clients, knowing that my work will help them significantly in their personal lives.

Can a helpful soul give some guidance or sneak peak of how the family law practice is like? Will I get a better sense of fulfilment than being in the corporate field?

Others' MMV but I did fam law and it was really not as meaningful as what I had envisaged. Exchanging snarky letters with opposing counsel detailing unglamorous details of your client's marriage because your client's ex-husband missed one payment of the kids' school fees was not my idea of meaningful.

Unregistered 19-10-2020 07:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 147580)
Errr me. I just tendered my resignation not too long ago and got another job offer. In the meantime I still have so many files to clear. I know it’s tough to find something in the present economy but there are still plenty of jobs out there that pays decently.

Congrats! That was me 2 months-ish ago.. resigned from big 4 tier 1 disputes team and got another offer which thankfully offers the same pay. Yes there are still jobs out there, leaving your current job really isn't the end of the world.