Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Lawyer Salary (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/771-lawyer-salary.html)

Unregistered 24-09-2020 08:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 145830)
Has anyone experienced any incompetent seniors in their team?

I define incompetence on many levels:

1. Went to a university that is not in the LPA

2. Not Singapore called but still pretend to know and do Singapore law

3. Delegate everything downline but clearly in no position to supervise and will dominate everyone downline

4. Claim credit despite all the above and pretend to boss that all is done by him

5. When challenged by juniors he will act like a victim and allege bullying

6. Inflate hours and pretend to be v bz

I am tearing my hair out over a senior in my team. I am from an international law firm and for some lame reason this dude manage to get a permanent position. My boss and HR are purposely turning a blind eye to this despite it is shattering team morale, because this dude is of a minority race and they want to be seen to be diverse

Pls advise me what to do.

Wa OP. You type until so detailed, no need hire PI also know who la.

Not many international firm can practice SG law, and hire people to pretend to advise on SG law leh...Might as well say the name....

Unregistered 24-09-2020 08:53 PM

Quote:

3. Delegate everything downline but clearly in no position to supervise and will dominate everyone downline

4. Claim credit despite all the above and pretend to boss that all is done by him

I am tearing my hair out over a senior in my team. I am from an international law firm and for some lame reason this dude manage to get a permanent position. My boss and HR are purposely turning a blind eye to this despite it is shattering team morale, because this dude is of a minority race and they want to be seen to be diverse

who dis. share pls. I also know someone in my team like this leh. This firm what building ?

Unregistered 24-09-2020 08:55 PM

Quote:

Careful leh, say so much, wait kena POFMA. You say until so detailed, might as well say the name...Not alot of intl firm can practise SG law leh...let alone boliao enough to hire foreigners to practise SG law.

Unregistered 24-09-2020 09:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 146164)
who dis. share pls. I also know someone in my team like this leh. This firm what building ?

Sounds like your problem is your boss not the dude. The dude just got lucky.

Unregistered 24-09-2020 09:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 146164)

U say first la. Maybe we are in the same team?

Unregistered 24-09-2020 09:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 146138)
she do what thing? no need say name

Lol not the OP but I heard about the "female" (cough *managing partner* cough) who is supposedly not very pleasant. And her son is in the firm, so guess who gets the 'good' type of work and who gets the saikang.

Unregistered 24-09-2020 10:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 145688)

Agreed about Dhvani Doshi from Hays - Rude, entitled and impatient. Randomly calls you up for roles then never updates you and ghosts entirely. RUDE.

Emily Tan from Formative Search - This woman will literally harass you lmao. If you turn down a role, she will keep asking you WHY WHY WHY and ask if you can intro any friends who might be interested. Sometimes she even pretends as if she had mandate from the firm/company to act and search for a candidate. Anyhow max.

Sophie de Blauwe from Taylor Root - Will chat you up and get you hyped for a role, then ghost you. I heard her strategy is she lines up several candidates and sends the weaker ones in first to suss out the interviewers/what kind of questions would they ask/etc to prep her stronger ones later.

Melvin Ling from Hudson - I only learnt about this guy because he randomly cold called me on my office phone without even reaching out to me on LinkedIn first. Spoke to him for 5 mins and felt damn tired, clearly doesn't even know what he's doing or what the legal industry is about.

Awaiz Iqbal from Interlink Recruitment - OMG AVOID THIS GUY. Just like Emily, he anyhow pretend he has mandates and will randomly splice together random partner profiles to cobble up a JD for you. He once asked my friend whether she was interested in a role with XYZ department in my firm, which didn't even exist so I asked to see the JD - lo and behold, he just anyhow threw a few partners (from entirely different depts) and claimed they were hiring for that specific dept lol.

Lucy Kennerley from Leap29 - She will be very nice to you if she needs your profile/cv but when you try to ask her about roles she's posted, she'll be damn cold to you and say they not hiring for your profile lol.

Eng Chang from Space Exec - Talk a lot but clearly doesn't know what he's talking about, has a throw **** until it sticks method i.e. he will spam you with roles or talk you up about them when you're clearly unsuitable.

Hear Hear! Agree with all of the above. Adding my experience:

Dhvani Doshi from Hays - Told me about a role and when I asked about the hiring partner, send me random partner's profile that clearly does different area of work. Also bluff me about the salary and said confirm higher than where I am. I gave her a fake high figure to test her and she still say yes that place will pay more...

Kate Chang from Recruit Legal - Can totally ghost you after putting you the application.

Emily Tan from Formative Search - Never spoke before. I do see her posts on LinkedIn from time to time. One fine day, out of the blue, she LinkedIn message me to ask if I got friends from XYZ practice group (and I am from ABC practice group).

Many more....

We should really band together and put out comments out there (for better or worse). Its like at work we are client's dog, then when we are the client, we also kena treated like dog. Not sure why all recruiters all think we are stupid.

Any interest in a dedicated thread or online compendium?

Unregistered 24-09-2020 11:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 146181)

Dhvani Doshi from Hays - Told me about a role and when I asked about the hiring partner, send me random partner's profile that clearly does different area of work. Also bluff me about the salary and said confirm higher than where I am. I gave her a fake high figure to test her and she still say yes that place will pay more...

Kate Chang from Recruit Legal - Can totally ghost you after putting you the application.

Emily Tan from Formative Search - Never spoke before. I do see her posts on LinkedIn from time to time. One fine day, out of the blue, she LinkedIn message me to ask if I got friends from XYZ practice group (and I am from ABC practice group).

Many more....

We should really band together and put out comments out there (for better or worse). Its like at work we are client's dog, then when we are the client, we also kena treated like dog. Not sure why all recruiters all think we are stupid.

Honestly I'd find this really helpful.. but how can you prevent recruiters from badmouthing other firms or from propping up their own firm, unless you get people to show proof of some sort (that they are legitimate lawyers/students who utilised such services in the past).

Unregistered 24-09-2020 11:31 PM

Quote:

Many more....

Any **** on ANSA

Unregistered 24-09-2020 11:52 PM

Quote:

Many more....

Lol. Karma these recruiters. Always going around spreading gossip or calling people up to ask about **** in firms. Now people turn tables and gossip about them.