Lawyer Salary - Page 889 - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries




Lawyer Salary

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #8881 (permalink)  
Old 16-09-2020, 09:27 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

I know it is a bad time to quit a job but I think it has reached a point where I need to walk out of the place that is making me unhappy. I know that myself and many of my colleagues are all replaceable since there are plenty of bright eyed graduates looking to replace us.

I want to ask how difficult it is to start out your own law firm and how long do you have to wait to get 15k a month. I am definitely going to have a huge pay cut plus I do not think I can bring over clients since most of my clients are currently big corporations.

Reply With Quote
  #8882 (permalink)  
Old 16-09-2020, 10:01 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Terrible recruiters

On the topic of bad recruiters, please avoid the following

Dhvani Doshi from Hays (I called inquiring about a role, she told me she would call me back in 10 minutes..... it's been 3 weeks surprise surprise)

Paulin Tan from ANSA (kept telling me there was a role that I could be a candidate for and never got back to me)

Reply With Quote
  #8883 (permalink)  
Old 16-09-2020, 10:39 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
On the topic of bad recruiters, please avoid the following

Dhvani Doshi from Hays (I called inquiring about a role, she told me she would call me back in 10 minutes..... it's been 3 weeks surprise surprise)

Paulin Tan from ANSA (kept telling me there was a role that I could be a candidate for and never got back to me)
Agreed about Dhvani Doshi from Hays - Rude, entitled and impatient. Randomly calls you up for roles then never updates you and ghosts entirely. RUDE.

Emily Tan from Formative Search - This woman will literally harass you lmao. If you turn down a role, she will keep asking you WHY WHY WHY and ask if you can intro any friends who might be interested. Sometimes she even pretends as if she had mandate from the firm/company to act and search for a candidate. Anyhow max.

Sophie de Blauwe from Taylor Root - Will chat you up and get you hyped for a role, then ghost you. I heard her strategy is she lines up several candidates and sends the weaker ones in first to suss out the interviewers/what kind of questions would they ask/etc to prep her stronger ones later.

Melvin Ling from Hudson - I only learnt about this guy because he randomly cold called me on my office phone without even reaching out to me on LinkedIn first. Spoke to him for 5 mins and felt damn tired, clearly doesn't even know what he's doing or what the legal industry is about.

Awaiz Iqbal from Interlink Recruitment - OMG AVOID THIS GUY. Just like Emily, he anyhow pretend he has mandates and will randomly splice together random partner profiles to cobble up a JD for you. He once asked my friend whether she was interested in a role with XYZ department in my firm, which didn't even exist so I asked to see the JD - lo and behold, he just anyhow threw a few partners (from entirely different depts) and claimed they were hiring for that specific dept lol.

Lucy Kennerley from Leap29 - She will be very nice to you if she needs your profile/cv but when you try to ask her about roles she's posted, she'll be damn cold to you and say they not hiring for your profile lol.

Eng Chang from Space Exec - Talk a lot but clearly doesn't know what he's talking about, has a throw **** until it sticks method i.e. he will spam you with roles or talk you up about them when you're clearly unsuitable.

Reply With Quote
  #8884 (permalink)  
Old 16-09-2020, 10:52 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
On the topic of bad recruiters, please avoid the following

Dhvani Doshi from Hays (I called inquiring about a role, she told me she would call me back in 10 minutes..... it's been 3 weeks surprise surprise)

Paulin Tan from ANSA (kept telling me there was a role that I could be a candidate for and never got back to me)
Heard similar ****. Pretend to be eager beaver only.
Reply With Quote
  #8885 (permalink)  
Old 16-09-2020, 10:54 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
On the topic of bad recruiters, please avoid the following

Dhvani Doshi from Hays (I called inquiring about a role, she told me she would call me back in 10 minutes..... it's been 3 weeks surprise surprise)

Paulin Tan from ANSA (kept telling me there was a role that I could be a candidate for and never got back to me)
My peers tell me to avoid Paulin Tan too.
Reply With Quote
  #8886 (permalink)  
Old 16-09-2020, 10:55 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Since there are so many of such recruiters these days, possible to just drop partners an email directly to apply when you see the advert for the role?
Reply With Quote

  #8887 (permalink)  
Old 16-09-2020, 11:00 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Agreed about Dhvani Doshi from Hays - Rude, entitled and impatient. Randomly calls you up for roles then never updates you and ghosts entirely. RUDE.

Emily Tan from Formative Search - This woman will literally harass you lmao. If you turn down a role, she will keep asking you WHY WHY WHY and ask if you can intro any friends who might be interested. Sometimes she even pretends as if she had mandate from the firm/company to act and search for a candidate. Anyhow max.

Sophie de Blauwe from Taylor Root - Will chat you up and get you hyped for a role, then ghost you. I heard her strategy is she lines up several candidates and sends the weaker ones in first to suss out the interviewers/what kind of questions would they ask/etc to prep her stronger ones later.

Melvin Ling from Hudson - I only learnt about this guy because he randomly cold called me on my office phone without even reaching out to me on LinkedIn first. Spoke to him for 5 mins and felt damn tired, clearly doesn't even know what he's doing or what the legal industry is about.

Awaiz Iqbal from Interlink Recruitment - OMG AVOID THIS GUY. Just like Emily, he anyhow pretend he has mandates and will randomly splice together random partner profiles to cobble up a JD for you. He once asked my friend whether she was interested in a role with XYZ department in my firm, which didn't even exist so I asked to see the JD - lo and behold, he just anyhow threw a few partners (from entirely different depts) and claimed they were hiring for that specific dept lol.

Lucy Kennerley from Leap29 - She will be very nice to you if she needs your profile/cv but when you try to ask her about roles she's posted, she'll be damn cold to you and say they not hiring for your profile lol.

Eng Chang from Space Exec - Talk a lot but clearly doesn't know what he's talking about, has a throw **** until it sticks method i.e. he will spam you with roles or talk you up about them when you're clearly unsuitable.
Lol. What a list. Any other notorious ones? Saw Paulin Tan name thrown around.

Recruiters are just so FOS. They basically glue their hearsay together and then act like they know it all on pay and culture. I met recruiters telling me sh!t politics / progression about my own Firm and colleagues which if you are someone from the Firm you would know it's an absolute lie. These people should be POFMAed / muzzled.
Reply With Quote
  #8888 (permalink)  
Old 16-09-2020, 11:04 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Heard similar ****. Pretend to be eager beaver only.
Recruiters are basically rumour mills. I have met recruiters spinning tales about my own firm such as culture and progression etc which are totally untrue. N imagine they perpetuate these lies to students n young lawyers. They shd have some code of ethics applied to them like the pcr.

The list earlier was spectacular. Any other bad recruiters? Saw Paulin Tan of ANSA in above posts. Any comments
Reply With Quote
  #8889 (permalink)  
Old 16-09-2020, 11:12 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Since there are so many of such recruiters these days, possible to just drop partners an email directly to apply when you see the advert for the role?
Yes. Unfortunately there is no value to recruiters unlike deliveroo. Go direct and deprive them of commission.
Reply With Quote
  #8890 (permalink)  
Old 16-09-2020, 11:19 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Yes. Unfortunately there is no value to recruiters unlike deliveroo. Go direct and deprive them of commission.
Recruitment agencies are an utmost necessity to save business time for law firms because they take care of the initial steps in the hiring process. No more sifting through applications and CV's, because recruiters ensure that the time the HR in firms spend in the application process is spent wisely on viewing those worth considering.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
advocate, law, lawyer, legal, solicitor

« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
From Lawyer Insider: Life is Glamorous but Unsatisfying Salary.sg Income and Jobs 31 15-01-2018 12:40 PM

» 30 Recent Threads
OCBC Graduate Talent Programme... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
440 Replies, 144,670 Views
Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,107 Replies, 866,061 Views
UOB Management Associate Program ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
352 Replies, 204,294 Views
Compare civil service salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
11,155 Replies, 6,214,114 Views
MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,562 Replies, 2,115,122 Views
Career as Teacher ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,014 Replies, 1,888,856 Views
Comp Science Frsh Grad Salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
151 Replies, 6,712 Views
How long does uob get back to you...
8 Replies, 1,349 Views
Mortgage Specialist Role.
3 Replies, 1,836 Views
Lawyer Salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
10,000 Replies, 3,337,499 Views
Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,848 Replies, 1,238,758 Views
GovTech career grade ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
173 Replies, 183,471 Views
ST Electronics ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,301 Replies, 318,721 Views
High Finance Thread ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
155 Replies, 36,644 Views
How much do you earn and save? ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
194 Replies, 40,770 Views
Singtel Management Associate... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
180 Replies, 104,362 Views
Starting pay for fresh uni grad... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
67 Replies, 5,839 Views
SIM-UOL fresh grad starting pay ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,941 Replies, 1,400,358 Views
Lonza Biotechnologist
0 Replies, 53 Views
MOH Graduate Studies Scholarship ( 1 2)
15 Replies, 16,143 Views
Third Class Honours/Second Lower... ( 1 2 3)
29 Replies, 27,320 Views
SEA Limited
6 Replies, 1,533 Views
Audit DGS
0 Replies, 72 Views
Starting new employment while...
6 Replies, 304 Views
Job Application with MOE... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
269 Replies, 241,474 Views
Big4 Tax Career Prospect
4 Replies, 2,295 Views
How is life as a doctor in... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,692 Replies, 1,054,638 Views
Personal Assistant
0 Replies, 86 Views
Working at Changi Business Park ( 1 2)
18 Replies, 3,656 Views
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2



All times are GMT +8. The time now is 11:44 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2