Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Lawyer Salary (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/771-lawyer-salary.html)

Unregistered 15-09-2020 12:16 AM

Stand up for men's rights in SG

s://.reddit.com/r/singapore/comments/irr8vm/why_does_no_one_stand_up_for_mens_rights_in/

Unregistered 15-09-2020 01:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 145578)
Which partner's dick did you suck to get it?

My significant other.

Unregistered 15-09-2020 08:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 145582)
My significant other.

My bethrothed

Unregistered 15-09-2020 09:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 145578)
Which partner's dick did you suck to get it?

Im a male so whats ur problem?

Unregistered 15-09-2020 10:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 145576)
does anybody know what's the progression for dentons? beyond nq pay. tq!

trainee -> associate - > senior associate -> junior partner -> partner -> retire

Unregistered 15-09-2020 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 145588)

wow did u just assume ur own gender

Unregistered 15-09-2020 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 145592)
wow did u just assume ur own gender

So what if i did? Please be diverse and inclusive.

Unregistered 15-09-2020 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 145588)

why can't a male suck a partner's dick? talk about being diverse and inclusive

Unregistered 15-09-2020 02:00 PM

People in this forum are so so so damn bitter haha. Dude man, go work on yourself to get the job you want instead of spreading hate here or trashing overseas grads for taking jobs

Unregistered 15-09-2020 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 145335)
Handle it like an adult.

If you are really leaving with a good reason (and there's no reason why this can't be because you think you fit better into a different firm, ofc don't be an idiot and say "I think that firm is better than yours"), be upfront about it, email the partner and cc HR, thank them for the opportunity to interview and explain why you want to withdraw from the training.

If you are leaving for very superficial reasons, lie.

Personally, I think the timelines are very unreasonable and TC withdrawals, while not common, are not rare either.

Can't agree more. Loads of students fear the so-called "blacklist" and "inner-circle" between HRs of the various law firms but I really doubt it works that way. As someone who signed with a different firm after verbally "accepting" (but not signing) an offer at a Big 4, the key is just to make sure that you are confident in your reasons why you want to move. At the end of the day, a firm isn't going to sweat losing a prospective trainee given that the market is saturated with them. Just don't be a dick about it and brag about moving to a bigger firm or one that pays more.

I eventually moved overseas after my 6 months at the firm and the partners were incredibly understanding and kind about it, offering me advice and encouragement that the move would be beneficial + a good opportunity and asking that we stay connected etc. It is just about handling the situation properly.