Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Lawyer Salary (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/771-lawyer-salary.html)

Unregistered 11-09-2020 01:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 145286)
Not so weird question - if you had the choice back in law school to take either BMWL IP or A&G M&A what would you choose?

Am also choosing TC now, and I accepted a B4 offer a few days back because they said I must accept immediately. If I get an offer from my first choice firm, will the original firm blacklist or keep a record if I withdraw from the TC after accepting it? No idea what I should do.

Unregistered 11-09-2020 01:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 145315)
Am also choosing TC now, and I accepted a B4 offer a few days back because they said I must accept immediately. If I get an offer from my first choice firm, will the original firm blacklist or keep a record if I withdraw from the TC after accepting it? No idea what I should do.

Was wondering the same thing as this OP, do firms blacklist if you withdraw from TC after accepting?

Unregistered 11-09-2020 03:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 145316)
Was wondering the same thing as this OP, do firms blacklist if you withdraw from TC after accepting?

Yes the jilted firm probably might but if you withdraw for your first choice then doesn’t really matter does it?

You don’t have to please everyone in life.

Unregistered 11-09-2020 04:23 AM

Anybody heard of OC Queen Street? What's it like? How's the pay?

Unregistered 11-09-2020 08:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 145315)

According to the HR in my firm (B4), they do blacklist such individuals + HR across law firms in SG have a small social circle of their own as well. Words get around quite easily, especially among the big firms.

Unregistered 11-09-2020 08:51 AM

Hi all in this forum I would just like to say that I'm a KCL student who got offered CC TC

Unregistered 11-09-2020 10:17 AM

I spt at all you degree millers P U I i

Unregistered 11-09-2020 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 145321)
According to the HR in my firm (B4), they do blacklist such individuals + HR across law firms in SG have a small social circle of their own as well. Words get around quite easily, especially among the big firms.

The best advice was given earlier -> plan your interview timings very well. Try to schedule your first choice firm first, not last.

Unregistered 11-09-2020 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 145329)
The best advice was given earlier -> plan your interview timings very well. Try to schedule your first choice firm first, not last.

Ahhh but my first choice only replied to schedule my interview a week after the other B4 scheduled an interview with me, so it was quite impossible to schedule.

Is it common to withdraw from TC after accepting or not very common?

Unregistered 11-09-2020 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 145333)
Ahhh but my first choice only replied to schedule my interview a week after the other B4 scheduled an interview with me, so it was quite impossible to schedule.

Is it common to withdraw from TC after accepting or not very common?

The only ones who withdraw from TCs are those who were offered JLCs, to which the firms would understand. Hopping TCs from one firm to another is NOT socially acceptable, especially within the big firms.