Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Lawyer Salary (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/771-lawyer-salary.html)

Unregistered 09-09-2020 11:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 145253)
Women’s rights? Please.

Who are the ones who bear the burden of childbirth and childcare whilst having to attend to demanding jobs? Apart from working 12-15 hours a day, we have to make sure our homes are well-taken care off as you men go drinking/playing after office hours.

That aside, who are the ones giving up their careers to mend the household just to offload men’s responsibilities and ensure that men get to concentrate fully on their careers? WC has been there to make sure women don’t get estranged unfairly without fair compensation despite giving up their lives and careers all for their man and their family.

Agreed. After all, there are far fewer househusbands than housewives and rare to find cases where husbands have been so disadvantaged by their family arrangements that they cannot maintain themselves after divorce. Women have sacrificed too much and still need to meet the demands of their careers these days.

Unregistered 09-09-2020 11:16 PM

Househubby application

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 145254)
Agreed. After all, there are far fewer househusbands than housewives and rare to find cases where husbands have been so disadvantaged by their family arrangements that they cannot maintain themselves after divorce. Women have sacrificed too much and still need to meet the demands of their careers these days.

I’m tired of lawyering and want to be your house hubby. Don’t worry, I have a progressive mindset and think men should also bear this burden with u. I will be glad to quit my job and cleaning the house and changing diapers while u go pursue your own career ambitions ;) just make sure u gimme enough maintenance every month hor.

Where to apply ah?

Unregistered 10-09-2020 06:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 145254)

What a fallacious argument. Times have changed and women are climbing into senior positions much quicker than men due to latter needing to sacrifice years doing NS and ICT. Surely the WC should be abolished to free the judge from the constraints of an archiac tool so she can look at each case equally?

The feministic WC is singlehandedly the biggest factor driving our TFR and birth rates down.

Unregistered 10-09-2020 08:33 AM

Quote:

Women’s rights? Please.

Who are the ones who bear the burden of childbirth and childcare whilst having to attend to demanding jobs? Apart from working 12-15 hours a day, we have to make sure our homes are well-taken care off as you men go drinking/playing after office hours.

That aside, who are the ones giving up their careers to mend the household just to offload men’s responsibilities and ensure that men get to concentrate fully on their careers? WC has been there to make sure women don’t get estranged unfairly without fair compensation despite giving up their lives and careers all for their man and their family.

Lol wo man spotted

Unregistered 10-09-2020 09:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 145262)
What a fallacious argument. Times have changed and women are climbing into senior positions much quicker than men due to latter needing to sacrifice years doing NS and ICT. Surely the WC should be abolished to free the judge from the constraints of an archiac tool so she can look at each case equally?

The feministic WC is singlehandedly the biggest factor driving our TFR and birth rates down.

qft. nowadays with women rights movement we even have incompetent ministers like jo teo in parliament to make up a gender quota

Unregistered 10-09-2020 10:00 AM

Can I still obtain a good TC if I only apply in Year 4? Any tips from seniors?

Unregistered 10-09-2020 10:48 AM

Quote:

Women’s rights? Please.

Zeh zeh, if you are doing well in your career, dont settle down la

plenty of yandao boy boys in siam dius who will love to show you a good time

Unregistered 10-09-2020 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 145266)
Can I still obtain a good TC if I only apply in Year 4? Any tips from seniors?

It is possible, but I wouldn't count on it. Start with cold-emailing the HR depts of the various firms. Just because the time period stated on the application page of their websites is over doesn't mean they don't have slots. Things happen. People withdraw from TCs, they are open to hiring more etc.

Unregistered 10-09-2020 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 145269)
It is possible, but I wouldn't count on it. Start with cold-emailing the HR depts of the various firms. Just because the time period stated on the application page of their websites is over doesn't mean they don't have slots. Things happen. People withdraw from TCs, they are open to hiring more etc.

Yes to this.
Get a list of law firms and try each one. I did this back in the day. lol.

Unregistered 10-09-2020 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 145262)

you are definitely not a lawyer or had to retake fam in part b. noob