Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Lawyer Salary (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/771-lawyer-salary.html)

Unregistered 07-09-2020 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 145128)
I was told this once: how much you are paid is proportional to your ability to handle stress.

Never heard it put like that before, but makes sense. Don't know why people here wonder why they can't draw 5.5k NQ starting pay AND also work 9-6 Mon-Fri only. You start your own firm next time (if you're not some humji 8 PQE senior assoc) and you do just that. Pls.

If you don't you better come back here and explain why you pay only 3k and still whatsapp on sunday and PHs. Idiots

Unregistered 07-09-2020 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 145102)
Hi sorry bump :)

Big 4 is safest for retention rates. If you have seniors in b4 ask them they will confirm it.

The worst retention rates are small, followed by international/mid

Unregistered 07-09-2020 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 145117)
Which Big 4 liti has the worst working culture?

Everywhere, don't bother asking.

This is the same as fishing for someone to sell out an employer

Unregistered 07-09-2020 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 145133)
Big 4 is safest for retention rates. If you have seniors in b4 ask them they will confirm it.

Your chances of retention automatically go up when you're hardworking and good at what you do.

#justsaying

Unregistered 07-09-2020 01:12 PM

useless advice for useless questions

all these newbies looking for a TEN THINGS YOU MUST DO TO KEEP YOUR JOB - EMPLOYERS HATE HIM! cos they dont like the unstructured nature of the working world compared to sch

stop sh*tting up this place with your anxiety and take your meds and fk off ffs

Unregistered 07-09-2020 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 145133)

Based on anecdotes from my friends, it seems retention for this year went like this:

(1) B4/Internationals relatively unchanged from previous years, but with some salary adjustments (allegedly temporarily).

(2) Small firms outside of fam/crim law basically 0% retention.

(3) Mid-sized really depends. Generally bad except for the boutiques, but it was a bloodbath at one notable boutique.

Unregistered 07-09-2020 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 145141)
Based on anecdotes from my friends, it seems retention for this year went like this:

(1) B4/Internationals relatively unchanged from previous years, but with some salary adjustments (allegedly temporarily).

(2) Small firms outside of fam/crim law basically 0% retention.

(3) Mid-sized really depends. Generally bad except for the boutiques, but it was a bloodbath at one notable boutique.

Thank you so much! So between a B4 and Baker, would B4 be safer? Because if I accept a Baker offer for the higher starting salary but don't get retained then f**k me right HAHA

Unregistered 07-09-2020 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 145144)
Thank you so much! So between a B4 and Baker, would B4 be safer? Because if I accept a Baker offer for the higher starting salary but don't get retained then f**k me right HAHA

From a retention perspective, no difference. You are likely to be retained at either.

Unregistered 07-09-2020 03:16 PM

NQ here, retained but barely getting any work to do, should I be worried that I will be fired

Unregistered 07-09-2020 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 145150)
NQ here, retained but barely getting any work to do, should I be worried that I will be fired

Is it just you? OR is it a team-wide/department wide scenario?