Lawyer Salary - Page 816 - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries




Lawyer Salary

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #8151 (permalink)  
Old 06-08-2020, 01:50 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
The best life I've heard of for a local band 1 practice is: During off-peak, 7pm finish everyday no need to work weekends. When a **** file comes along, be ready to pull 2am 6/7 days a week for at least 4 weeks. But when it's off-peak, life is pretty good.
Where is this

Reply With Quote
  #8152 (permalink)  
Old 06-08-2020, 02:00 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Where is this
R&T Restructuring & Insolvency

Reply With Quote
  #8153 (permalink)  
Old 06-08-2020, 02:56 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
R&T Restructuring & Insolvency
Keyword is "at least 4 weeks" 😂

Anyway are they hiring?

Reply With Quote
  #8154 (permalink)  
Old 06-08-2020, 10:40 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Keyword is "at least 4 weeks" 😂

Anyway are they hiring?
They are actually hiring, PQE 2 and above. You can actually find it on their website. And no, it's not R&T RI.
Reply With Quote
  #8155 (permalink)  
Old 06-08-2020, 01:10 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
They are actually hiring, PQE 2 and above. You can actually find it on their website. And no, it's not R&T RI.
So secretive for what lame


SG Bus Timing App
SG Bus Timing App - the best bus app - available on iOS and Android


SGX Stocks Android App - check share prices
SGX Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go


SGX Stocks for iPad - check latest Singapore share prices
SGX Stocks [iPad] app
| SGX Stocks [iPhone] app
Reply With Quote
  #8156 (permalink)  
Old 06-08-2020, 01:32 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

You realise after entering practice for a while that it's in fact very easy to figure out what kind of life you will have in a team even if you've never worked there before - it's just a function of:

(1) Ranking -> Band 1 teams will always have higher standards than other teams in the same practice area, and this usually translates into longer hours.
(2) The nature of the practice itself -> In corp this is especially true, M&A/financing/capital markets/real estate/regulatory work all have different timelines and client expectations which affect your hours accordingly. Even in disputes, Arbitration/commercial disputes/crim have different work patterns.
(3) Firm culture -> this is less true for big 4 because each department usually plays by their own rules, but for mid/small firm it is more likely than not that the hours are set firm wide and most people usually knock off around the same time.
(4) The specific partner you are working for -> if it is a up and comer or an established person in the field, be prepared to work your ass off.

There are of course outliers, asshole bosses do exist and they will make you work completely unnecessary hours for their own amusement. But imo, they are in fact outliers.

I do recognise that it is very difficult for a law student to understand all this so early in their law lives, which is sad because that's actually when it's most important to know. So I encourage u guys to intern as much as possible so you can make an informed decision.
Reply With Quote

  #8157 (permalink)  
Old 06-08-2020, 01:57 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
You realise after entering practice for a while that it's in fact very easy to figure out what kind of life you will have in a team even if you've never worked there before - it's just a function of:

(1) Ranking -> Band 1 teams will always have higher standards than other teams in the same practice area, and this usually translates into longer hours.
(2) The nature of the practice itself -> In corp this is especially true, M&A/financing/capital markets/real estate/regulatory work all have different timelines and client expectations which affect your hours accordingly. Even in disputes, Arbitration/commercial disputes/crim have different work patterns.
(3) Firm culture -> this is less true for big 4 because each department usually plays by their own rules, but for mid/small firm it is more likely than not that the hours are set firm wide and most people usually knock off around the same time.
(4) The specific partner you are working for -> if it is a up and comer or an established person in the field, be prepared to work your ass off.

There are of course outliers, asshole bosses do exist and they will make you work completely unnecessary hours for their own amusement. But imo, they are in fact outliers.

I do recognise that it is very difficult for a law student to understand all this so early in their law lives, which is sad because that's actually when it's most important to know. So I encourage u guys to intern as much as possible so you can make an informed decision.
Thanks! One of the more helpful posts recently.
Reply With Quote
  #8158 (permalink)  
Old 06-08-2020, 02:29 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Thanks! One of the more helpful posts recently.
After the KCL hater has been unveiled it seems that the quality of the posts here has drastically improved
Reply With Quote
  #8159 (permalink)  
Old 06-08-2020, 03:02 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

i considering going into academia after 5 years in practice - very jaded now. anyone knows how much SUSS pays for a lecturer?
Reply With Quote
  #8160 (permalink)  
Old 06-08-2020, 03:16 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
i considering going into academia after 5 years in practice - very jaded now. anyone knows how much SUSS pays for a lecturer?
Starting is 5-5.5k for associate lecturer. Lecturer pay is $7k. If you are legally qualified you should easily be hired as a lecturer. No harm doing a postgrad degree too. Life is amazing there.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
advocate, law, lawyer, legal, solicitor

« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
From Lawyer Insider: Life is Glamorous but Unsatisfying Salary.sg Income and Jobs 31 15-01-2018 12:40 PM

» 30 Recent Threads
Civil Service Performance Bonus ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,810 Replies, 1,495,347 Views
Compilation of MAs/Analysts Gross... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
192 Replies, 55,753 Views
SIM-UOL fresh grad starting pay ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
4,579 Replies, 1,452,432 Views
How is life as a doctor in... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,784 Replies, 1,105,603 Views
Can share your your car...
9 Replies, 1,685 Views
Lawyer Salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
10,273 Replies, 3,513,432 Views
Compare civil service salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
11,455 Replies, 6,414,304 Views
High Finance Thread ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
164 Replies, 42,688 Views
Roles in accenture singapore ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
498 Replies, 306,182 Views
MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,612 Replies, 2,177,527 Views
Work culture in IHiS ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
98 Replies, 96,421 Views
ST Electronics ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,571 Replies, 362,510 Views
How rich/poor am I compared to... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
58 Replies, 44,692 Views
DBS tech seed programme ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
276 Replies, 58,346 Views
DBS Graduate Associate Program ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
816 Replies, 415,057 Views
Hospital (Private or Public)... ( 1 2)
17 Replies, 8,520 Views
MFA- Foreign Service... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
30 Replies, 9,202 Views
Mortgage Specialist Role.
3 Replies, 2,268 Views
NUS working environment and pay... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
99 Replies, 85,577 Views
Career as Teacher ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,117 Replies, 1,973,239 Views
MAS : Mid Career Professionals ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
260 Replies, 169,520 Views
26 no degree is all hope lost?... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
49 Replies, 2,373 Views
Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,899 Replies, 1,303,431 Views
Dsta ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
892 Replies, 622,790 Views
Summer Internship 2021
1 Replies, 143 Views
lazada/shopee fresh grad starting... ( 1 2 3)
21 Replies, 2,416 Views
Electricity generator
4 Replies, 576 Views
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2



All times are GMT +8. The time now is 06:36 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2