Lawyer Salary - Page 719 - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries




Lawyer Salary

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #7181 (permalink)  
Old 29-06-2020, 12:17 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Whats the pay range for in-house counsel:

- 3-5 pqe
- 5-7 pqe
- 7-10 pqe

Is it always a paycut jumping from international firm?



SG Bus Timing App
SG Bus Timing App - the best bus app - available on iOS and Android


SGX Stocks Android App - check share prices
SGX Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go


SGX Stocks for iPad - check latest Singapore share prices
SGX Stocks [iPad] app
| SGX Stocks [iPhone] app
Reply With Quote
  #7182 (permalink)  
Old 29-06-2020, 12:39 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Pay increment

Hello all, what would be a reasonable request for pay increment with increase of yearly pqe?

I am asking in respect of small-mid sized firms

Thank you in advance!

Regards,
Peasant lawyer to be

Reply With Quote
  #7183 (permalink)  
Old 29-06-2020, 12:41 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Is money the be all and end all in Singaporeís society? Is there anything wrong with going in house or taking up a support role to avoid the stress from being a lawyer?
if you can't break free of the B4/MC bubble, your ego will not be able to stomach it.

Reply With Quote
  #7184 (permalink)  
Old 29-06-2020, 12:41 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello all, what would be a reasonable request for pay increment with increase of yearly pqe?

I am asking in respect of small-mid sized firms

Thank you in advance!

Regards,
Peasant lawyer to be
Maybe 600-800.
Reply With Quote
  #7185 (permalink)  
Old 29-06-2020, 12:49 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Whats the pay range for in-house counsel:

- 3-5 pqe
- 5-7 pqe
- 7-10 pqe

Is it always a paycut jumping from international firm?
Mostly yes. MC really pays alot.
Reply With Quote
  #7186 (permalink)  
Old 29-06-2020, 12:49 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

In the small firm i used to work in, pay increment was $500 per year. There was no frontloading.
Reply With Quote

  #7187 (permalink)  
Old 29-06-2020, 01:22 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
if you can't break free of the B4/MC bubble, your ego will not be able to stomach it.
How do you psychologically manage to break free from social constructs and just do ur thang (no troll answers pls)
Reply With Quote
  #7188 (permalink)  
Old 29-06-2020, 01:31 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
How do you psychologically manage to break free from social constructs and just do ur thang (no troll answers pls)
Find something else in life that makes you happy and actively work towards it. In time your priorities will change. This can be a relationship, family, another pursuit. But if all you do is work, then your priority can only be work success.
Reply With Quote
  #7189 (permalink)  
Old 29-06-2020, 01:42 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Find something else in life that makes you happy and actively work towards it. In time your priorities will change. This can be a relationship, family, another pursuit. But if all you do is work, then your priority can only be work success.
I used to love going to clubs and Siam dius but nowadays all my bros just focus on work or family success. I am growing a beer belly and still in the legal industry but I am too tired and physically unattractive for parties.

I donít have a social and family life and can only focus at work.
Reply With Quote
  #7190 (permalink)  
Old 29-06-2020, 01:46 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I used to love going to clubs and Siam dius but nowadays all my bros just focus on work or family success. I am growing a beer belly and still in the legal industry but I am too tired and physically unattractive for parties.

I donít have a social and family life and can only focus at work.
Honestly you really shouldn't want to be one of those people partying past 25 every weekend.... find more grounded things, pick up a hobby or a skill and join those communities. You'll find it far more rewarding.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
advocate, law, lawyer, legal, solicitor

« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
From Lawyer Insider: Life is Glamorous but Unsatisfying Salary.sg Income and Jobs 31 15-01-2018 12:40 PM

» 30 Recent Threads
How much do you earn and save? ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
135 Replies, 28,738 Views
Civil Service Performance Bonus ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,680 Replies, 1,378,546 Views
Lawyer Salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
9,759 Replies, 3,194,185 Views
Compare civil service salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
10,957 Replies, 6,052,368 Views
HSBC Graduate Programme 2021 ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
34 Replies, 4,113 Views
MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,484 Replies, 2,059,141 Views
Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,059 Replies, 838,747 Views
Career in Engineering - Is it... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
57 Replies, 43,519 Views
Singtel Management Associate... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
142 Replies, 94,323 Views
Career as Teacher ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,967 Replies, 1,824,410 Views
Capgemini Graduate Programme ( 1 2)
12 Replies, 7,134 Views
Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,806 Replies, 1,189,573 Views
Pay for digital marketing agencies
9 Replies, 3,228 Views
Diploma in Digital Marketing at...
4 Replies, 3,242 Views
Dentist Salary ( 1 2)
12 Replies, 8,392 Views
How is life as a doctor in... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,528 Replies, 1,008,967 Views
DBS Graduate Associate Program ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
752 Replies, 384,927 Views
Ex-MOE Teachers ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
89 Replies, 124,392 Views
MasterCard Graduate Developement... ( 1 2 3)
26 Replies, 7,482 Views
How much does a typical FP&A... ( 1 2 3)
25 Replies, 2,616 Views
Whats your net worth ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,776 Replies, 840,468 Views
Buy condo or wait it out?
4 Replies, 719 Views
Starting Pay for CS/Ministries... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
160 Replies, 42,123 Views
How Much Do You Need to Earn... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
51 Replies, 19,782 Views
OCBC Graduate Talent Programme... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
364 Replies, 127,521 Views
An upgrade to my system
1 Replies, 101 Views
ST Electronics ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,064 Replies, 285,965 Views
Different rank in local banks ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
56 Replies, 121,252 Views
shipping from China to Singapore
1 Replies, 629 Views
UOB Management Associate Program ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
289 Replies, 187,951 Views
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2



All times are GMT +8. The time now is 08:59 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2