Lawyer Salary - Page 597 - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries




Lawyer Salary

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #5961 (permalink)  
Old 08-06-2020, 10:52 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
If you had entered the US market in March 2020, and hold till today, you’d have earned more than the lawyers on furlough in the magic circle and the white shoe.

Doing nothing except sleeping
If you had become a swabber you'd earn more

Reply With Quote
  #5962 (permalink)  
Old 08-06-2020, 10:53 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Well he had perfectly legal avenues - he could have quit his job, like many do, without using stress as an excuse. He could have gone to a smaller firm. He could have done other forms of legal work. Stress is not an excuse for upskirting someone.

Neither is depression - litigation is depressing, you don't see daylight when you have trial or discovery. Any normal lawyer will feel the pressure. There's the added pressure on you to win, along with time pressures and client pressures. If he needed an out, he should have quit

That being said it's hard in that he might be too caught up in the cycle to realise it
Well your analysis is good. But as you pointed out below, if one is too caught up in the cycle, there’s little self realization left.
Besides, fch/summas are conditioned to win, not lose. It’s rare for a fch/summa to admit quitting because of stress or inability to cope with the heat.



Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills
Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills


SG Bus Timing App
SG Bus Timing App - the best bus app - available on iOS and Android


Bursa Stocks Android App - check share prices
Bursa Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go


SGX Stocks Android App - check share prices
SGX Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go


SGX Stocks for iPad - check latest Singapore share prices
SGX Stocks [iPad] app
| SGX Stocks [iPhone] app
Reply With Quote
  #5963 (permalink)  
Old 08-06-2020, 11:32 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
If you had entered the US market in March 2020, and hold till today, you’d have earned more than the lawyers on furlough in the magic circle and the white shoe.

Doing nothing except sleeping
None of the magic circle firms have lawyers on furlough. The worst measure has been a pay freeze (boohoo). It's quite sad that you have to convince yourself and others otherwise. Deal with your own problems.

Reply With Quote
  #5964 (permalink)  
Old 09-06-2020, 12:16 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default QFLA Paralegal (12 PQE++)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
None of the magic circle firms have lawyers on furlough. The worst measure has been a pay freeze (boohoo). It's quite sad that you have to convince yourself and others otherwise. Deal with your own problems.
Actually that's only in the London office, no news on global furloughs, maybe OP has some insider information?

OP does have a point - it might be on the cards.
Reply With Quote
  #5965 (permalink)  
Old 09-06-2020, 12:30 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Well he had perfectly legal avenues - he could have quit his job, like many do, without using stress as an excuse. He could have gone to a smaller firm. He could have done other forms of legal work. Stress is not an excuse for upskirting someone.

Neither is depression - litigation is depressing, you don't see daylight when you have trial or discovery. Any normal lawyer will feel the pressure. There's the added pressure on you to win, along with time pressures and client pressures. If he needed an out, he should have quit

That being said it's hard in that he might be too caught up in the cycle to realise it
I know him personally. He is a really nice person and the punishment is pretty unfair.
Reply With Quote
  #5966 (permalink)  
Old 09-06-2020, 01:24 AM
Wow
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I know him personally. He is a really nice person and the punishment is pretty unfair.
You call 4 weeks in prison unfair? He should get disbarred, named and shamed. Wonder if it's because he has a "bright future".
Reply With Quote

  #5967 (permalink)  
Old 09-06-2020, 01:27 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wow View Post
You call 4 weeks in prison unfair? He should get disbarred, named and shamed. Wonder if it's because he has a "bright future".
That’s already a record that cannot be easily spent and chances are anyone’s future would be affected in such a case. Have some empathy.
Reply With Quote
  #5968 (permalink)  
Old 09-06-2020, 01:30 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Any news on call this year?
Reply With Quote
  #5969 (permalink)  
Old 09-06-2020, 01:39 AM
Charlie
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Actually that's only in the London office, no news on global furloughs, maybe OP has some insider information?

OP does have a point - it might be on the cards.
The international (and 'international') firms are doing well, this is one whole conspiracy weaved into the news sources. This forum is a toxic nonsense.

Covid-19 does not exist, there is no prospect of unemployment at an international firm, the US does not have any riot increasing the risk of Covid transmission and unicorns still roam the Earth.

In fact, the Earth is flat.
Reply With Quote
  #5970 (permalink)  
Old 09-06-2020, 01:43 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie View Post
The international (and 'international') firms are doing well, this is one whole conspiracy weaved into the news sources. This forum is a toxic nonsense.

Covid-19 does not exist, there is no prospect of unemployment at an international firm, the US does not have any riot increasing the risk of Covid transmission and unicorns still roam the Earth.

In fact, the Earth is flat.
To be fair, I do think some big four corporate departments are still doing ok


Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills
Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills


SG Bus Timing App
SG Bus Timing App - the best bus app - available on iOS and Android


Bursa Stocks Android App - check share prices
Bursa Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go


SGX Stocks Android App - check share prices
SGX Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go


SGX Stocks for iPad - check latest Singapore share prices
SGX Stocks [iPad] app
| SGX Stocks [iPhone] app
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
advocate, law, lawyer, legal, solicitor

« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
From Lawyer Insider: Life is Glamorous but Unsatisfying Salary.sg Income and Jobs 31 15-01-2018 12:40 PM

» 30 Recent Threads
GovTech ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
4,974 Replies, 2,096,884 Views
Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
14,692 Replies, 4,858,816 Views
Factual Local Bank Salaries - DBS... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,751 Replies, 1,355,393 Views
How is life as a doctor in... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
7,203 Replies, 3,329,313 Views
UOB Management Associate Program ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,266 Replies, 741,061 Views
NUS (National University of... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
314 Replies, 309,543 Views
Micron starting pay ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
702 Replies, 387,028 Views
Career as Teacher ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
10,257 Replies, 6,390,197 Views
Standard Chartered International... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
460 Replies, 258,016 Views
Roles in accenture singapore ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
7,071 Replies, 2,245,656 Views
DBS Graduate Associate Program ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,297 Replies, 985,227 Views
ST Electronics ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,646 Replies, 1,495,114 Views
DBS ACE Programme ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
108 Replies, 73,226 Views
Visa Internship
3 Replies, 4,274 Views
GIC (Government of Singapore... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
419 Replies, 711,831 Views
Compare civil service salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
16,258 Replies, 12,295,670 Views
CSA (Cyber Security Agency) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
885 Replies, 484,221 Views
HTX (Home Team Science and... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
635 Replies, 321,755 Views
Company deduct air ticket from...
0 Replies, 163 Views
Anyone work in JPM/GS/Morgan... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
415 Replies, 156,427 Views
MAS for Mid Career Professionals ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,759 Replies, 1,013,058 Views
Lawyer Salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
20,885 Replies, 10,193,839 Views
DBS tech seed programme ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,756 Replies, 1,475,001 Views
Shopee fresh grad pay ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,027 Replies, 425,191 Views
For those with 2-5 YOE, what is... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,197 Replies, 445,834 Views
DSTA (under Mindef) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,396 Replies, 1,342,640 Views
A*Star (Agency for Science,... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
38 Replies, 97,593 Views
Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
6,077 Replies, 3,677,501 Views
MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
5,781 Replies, 4,579,630 Views
ITE Polytechnic Scheme ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
298 Replies, 355,096 Views
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2



All times are GMT +8. The time now is 01:47 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2