Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Lawyer Salary (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/771-lawyer-salary.html)

Unregistered 03-04-2020 12:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 131649)
In terms of branding, breadth of modules, well-oiled mechanism, etc, SMU over SUSS for sure.

How’s SUSS law lecturers like?

Unregistered 03-04-2020 09:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 131658)
Hi Paul...times must be hard when you have to advertise here.

You're an idiot. Most people who have done work in his field (international arbi/comm lit) know how impressive he is. All your comment did was highlight how little you are paying attention

Unregistered 03-04-2020 10:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 131625)
If your whole point is just about lawyers being essential in times of recession then it is valid but is just missing the points. The issue here is whether law practices, as a business, can survive a recession like this.

Personally, I believe the work will continue to flow in. However, the caveat is that there will be lowballing by clients because many companies and individuals will scrimp and save as much as possible.

Unregistered 03-04-2020 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 131683)
How’s SUSS law lecturers like?

SUSS = Singapore University Self Study

SUSS = Super Useless Stupid Students

go figure.

Unregistered 03-04-2020 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 131625)
If your whole point is just about lawyers being essential in times of recession then it is valid but is just missing the points. The issue here is whether law practices, as a business, can survive a recession like this.

I can't tell if Im being trolled. You say that I'm arguing that lawyers are essential then say I'm not addressing whether law practices can survive? Aren't law firms made up of lawyers?

Unregistered 03-04-2020 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 131697)
You're an idiot. Most people who have done work in his field (international arbi/comm lit) know how impressive he is. All your comment did was highlight how little you are paying attention

Chill Paul, there's no need to get butthurt over the internet.

Unregistered 03-04-2020 02:14 PM

Quote:

im the OP. thanks for the assist.

Unregistered 03-04-2020 02:25 PM

Quote:

Maybe he not liti lawyer leh?

Those who don't practice liti in the trenches don't know who is who. Corp lawyers usually hiding away in their offices and emerging only to pat themselves on the back during ALB awards dinner.

Unregistered 03-04-2020 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 131718)

Those who don't practice liti in the trenches don't know who is who. Corp lawyers usually hiding away in their offices and emerging only to pat themselves on the back during ALB awards dinner.

I agree with you.
Liti and arb = true lawyering.

PS: I'm a corp assoc at an MC firm.

Unregistered 03-04-2020 04:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 131718)

Yeah that's why I said "done work in his field"....