Lawyer Salary - Page 382 - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries




Lawyer Salary

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #3811 (permalink)  
Old 24-11-2018, 01:12 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
^ again, an entirely useless response. It's likely that you were rejected by both but you don't have to be so bitter about it. Pretty sure you're going nowhere with that kind of attitude.

Also, I'll have you know that these firms don't disclose their starting salaries (after TC) to the trainees in their initial contract. I'm looking for a ballpark figure by assocs who qualified this year and dont mind sharing what their new contracts show wrt remuneration.
u talk v big for a guy who doesnt even have a TC hor! word of advice kid: be less defensive and sensitive la. your kind of attitude sure kena eaten up in the firms you're looking to work at. ppl troll you on anonymous forum and u 1x extrapolate how they're rejected by firms lol. but ofc all im saying is prolly worthless since som law kid on the interwebz is 80% says i don't work in a MC/US firm yea

Reply With Quote
  #3812 (permalink)  
Old 24-11-2018, 01:19 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

s://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/771-lawyer-salary-268.html#post106779

Reply With Quote
  #3813 (permalink)  
Old 24-11-2018, 04:34 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
u talk v big for a guy who doesnt even have a TC hor! word of advice kid: be less defensive and sensitive la. your kind of attitude sure kena eaten up in the firms you're looking to work at. ppl troll you on anonymous forum and u 1x extrapolate how they're rejected by firms lol. but ofc all im saying is prolly worthless since som law kid on the interwebz is 80% says i don't work in a MC/US firm yea
i concur with you in that what you said is probably worthless; not because of your status but because your response really doesn't value add. i don't see how any of your 'word of advice' is useful. i was neither defensive nor sensitive. i'm just looking to receive some guidance from the good people of this forum as to the pay at these two firms. also, i'm not extrapolating anything - i said that it's likely OP was rejected by these firms. it was not an absolute statement. if both of you are in these firms but willingly choose to engage in this meaningless debate while disregarding my original question, then i feel sad for the legal profession.

and back to your 'be less defensive' comment. if you are not the OP, it seems ironic that you are jumping to his defense. are you his brother's keeper? LEL.

Reply With Quote
  #3814 (permalink)  
Old 24-11-2018, 06:02 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

#3815, I think yours was a sensible question, and you're not wrong for asking for info about that. However, I think your cocky attitude may have put some people off.

This is not an invitation to explain why your attitude was not cocky. This is a suggestion to stop bickering and to ask somewhere else. I'm sorry you didn't get what you want.

Anyway, to the posters here that were part of the 1,000 lawyers that argued against the fixed fee arrangements, thank you all very much. It's because of you all that a short-sighted, impractical move was rejected. I hope it is never revisited in future.
Reply With Quote
  #3815 (permalink)  
Old 24-11-2018, 04:58 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Has anyone successfully moved to Hong Kong to work? How is life and work over there? Is housing there really as bad as they say?
Reply With Quote
  #3816 (permalink)  
Old 26-11-2018, 01:11 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Uh it's a simple question really - all I'm asking for is whether anyone knows the starting salary at L&W? I hear that CC's pay is approx 12k p.m. for NQs (after 2 year TC). There's no need for anyone to bring up the comparison between overseas and local grads.
Iím not sure what youíre looking for. Are you asking about trainee pay or NQ pay?

On NQ pay, CC does SGD12.4k per month. LW is one of two US firms here which pays cravath, so NQ salary is public knowledge - USD190k p.a pre bonus.

Iím afraid Iíve never asked trainees about their pay, so I canít help you there.

I hope this helps. Competition is crazy fierce for those roles, and some years LE takes ZERO trainees. CC takes 3-4 per year. I wouldnít count on getting a TC at either unless you are exceptionally exceptional.
Reply With Quote

  #3817 (permalink)  
Old 26-11-2018, 03:51 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Iím not sure what youíre looking for. Are you asking about trainee pay or NQ pay?

On NQ pay, CC does SGD12.4k per month. LW is one of two US firms here which pays cravath, so NQ salary is public knowledge - USD190k p.a pre bonus.

Iím afraid Iíve never asked trainees about their pay, so I canít help you there.

I hope this helps. Competition is crazy fierce for those roles, and some years LE takes ZERO trainees. CC takes 3-4 per year. I wouldnít count on getting a TC at either unless you are exceptionally exceptional.
This was exactly what I was after! Thank you so much, this information is tremendously useful!
Reply With Quote
  #3818 (permalink)  
Old 26-11-2018, 08:58 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
#3815, I think yours was a sensible question, and you're not wrong for asking for info about that. However, I think your cocky attitude may have put some people off.

This is not an invitation to explain why your attitude was not cocky. This is a suggestion to stop bickering and to ask somewhere else. I'm sorry you didn't get what you want.
Actually, I didn't think his question wasn't cocky. But his subsequent replies speak volumes.

This is MY suggestion to #3815, be less of an asshat... especially to other asshats. You're not going to go very far if your kneejerk reaction to an obvious troll is to start arguing with anonymous clowns on the Internet. Would also save you the trouble of coming off paggro/cocky/whatnot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Anyway, to the posters here that were part of the 1,000 lawyers that argued against the fixed fee arrangements, thank you all very much. It's because of you all that a short-sighted, impractical move was rejected. I hope it is never revisited in future.
I spoke to some seniors on this... they believe we've not heard the last on this matter lol
Reply With Quote
  #3819 (permalink)  
Old 26-11-2018, 10:30 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
LW is one of two US firms here which pays cravath, so NQ salary is public knowledge - USD190k p.a pre bonus.
Cravath scale salary in non-USD currency is not as transparent as that. LW could pay on either a floating rate (i.e. your salary is based on whatever the exchange rate says it is at the time) or on a spot rate (i.e. your salary is based on what the exchange rate was at a specific point of time in the past). This can lead to massive variations in salaries for firms paying "Cravath scale". For example, in the UK, this can range anywhere between 120k - 148k.
Reply With Quote
  #3820 (permalink)  
Old 27-11-2018, 04:23 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Actually, I didn't think his question wasn't cocky. But his subsequent replies speak volumes.

This is MY suggestion to #3815, be less of an asshat... especially to other asshats. You're not going to go very far if your kneejerk reaction to an obvious troll is to start arguing with anonymous clowns on the Internet. Would also save you the trouble of coming off paggro/cocky/whatnot.



I spoke to some seniors on this... they believe we've not heard the last on this matter lol
dont understand how #3815 was being cocky tbh? how could it that you genuinely believe he had a kneejerk reaction when imo it was pretty clear he was trolling the other trolls? tunnel vision much.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
advocate, law, lawyer, legal, solicitor

« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
From Lawyer Insider: Life is Glamorous but Unsatisfying Salary.sg Income and Jobs 31 15-01-2018 12:40 PM

» 30 Recent Threads
Lawyer Salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
10,000 Replies, 3,336,304 Views
Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,848 Replies, 1,238,443 Views
Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,106 Replies, 865,760 Views
Compare civil service salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
11,152 Replies, 6,213,026 Views
OCBC Graduate Talent Programme... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
436 Replies, 144,518 Views
UOB Management Associate Program ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
349 Replies, 204,162 Views
GovTech career grade ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
173 Replies, 183,330 Views
ST Electronics ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,301 Replies, 318,339 Views
High Finance Thread ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
155 Replies, 36,613 Views
How much do you earn and save? ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
194 Replies, 40,535 Views
Singtel Management Associate... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
180 Replies, 104,277 Views
Comp Science Frsh Grad Salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
149 Replies, 6,481 Views
Starting pay for fresh uni grad... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
67 Replies, 5,748 Views
SIM-UOL fresh grad starting pay ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,941 Replies, 1,400,052 Views
Lonza Biotechnologist
0 Replies, 42 Views
Career as Teacher ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,013 Replies, 1,888,503 Views
MOH Graduate Studies Scholarship ( 1 2)
15 Replies, 16,123 Views
Third Class Honours/Second Lower... ( 1 2 3)
29 Replies, 27,281 Views
SEA Limited
6 Replies, 1,517 Views
Audit DGS
0 Replies, 65 Views
Starting new employment while...
6 Replies, 293 Views
Job Application with MOE... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
269 Replies, 241,384 Views
Big4 Tax Career Prospect
4 Replies, 2,278 Views
MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,560 Replies, 2,114,834 Views
How is life as a doctor in... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,692 Replies, 1,054,410 Views
Personal Assistant
0 Replies, 85 Views
Working at Changi Business Park ( 1 2)
18 Replies, 3,640 Views
DBS tech seed programme ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
236 Replies, 36,692 Views
Working in HDB ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
366 Replies, 294,164 Views
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2



All times are GMT +8. The time now is 01:55 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2