Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Lawyer Salary (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/771-lawyer-salary.html)

Unregistered 25-06-2018 01:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 108280)
if $6k is front load, then what’s basic? stop confusing

In other words:

Normally, lawyers in big 4 get paid $4k+ per month. However, the salary you hear most often is the front loaded salary around $5.5k. This is because firms front load a big part of the bonus into the monthly salary. When you hear ‘8 months bonus’, most of it is front loaded to give you the 5.5k salary. You effectively only get 1-2 months bonus.

Understood?

Unregistered 25-06-2018 02:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 108282)
In other words:

Normally, lawyers in big 4 get paid $4k+ per month. However, the salary you hear most often is the front loaded salary around $5.5k. This is because firms front load a big part of the bonus into the monthly salary. When you hear ‘8 months bonus’, most of it is front loaded to give you the 5.5k salary. You effectively only get 1-2 months bonus.

Understood?

cannot be lah. that’s not what’s written in my salary slip. you sure you are from big 4?

if big 4 lawyers paid $4k plus, might as well go to a more relaxed environment and work with shorter hours.

I even got disqualified for hdb because my basic combined with my wife easily hit $12k basic. — try explaining that to the hdb staff your concept “ oh i’m only getting $4k basic”

see if anybody understands

Unregistered 25-06-2018 06:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 108285)
cannot be lah. that’s not what’s written in my salary slip. you sure you are from big 4?

if big 4 lawyers paid $4k plus, might as well go to a more relaxed environment and work with shorter hours.

I even got disqualified for hdb because my basic combined with my wife easily hit $12k basic. — try explaining that to the hdb staff your concept “ oh i’m only getting $4k basic”

Lol are you stupid? Just Google “Singapore law firm front loading” and read the couple of newspaper articles. Front loading is a prevalent practice in Singapore firms. You are either really dumb or not from the legal industry at all.

Unregistered 25-06-2018 08:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 108286)
Lol are you stupid? Just Google “Singapore law firm front loading” and read the couple of newspaper articles. Front loading is a prevalent practice in Singapore firms. You are either really dumb or not from the legal industry at all.

Or trolling

Unregistered 25-06-2018 10:25 AM

Quote:

you can see i understand that you are a total idiot

Unregistered 25-06-2018 10:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 108258)
certainly not the big 4 i came from where they are squeezing people to be legal execs

Which big 4 is this?

Unregistered 25-06-2018 12:51 PM

Quote:

To know whether front load or no load,
Pqe 1 6k monthly + 8mths bonus = the real deal, 120k good old days

Pqe 1 5.5k monthly + 3 mths bonus = 82k, front load, most firms are doing this
Pqe 1 4.5k monthly + 6mths bonus = 81k, no front load

Unregistered 25-06-2018 01:54 PM

5/6 PQE In House

I am making 133k per annum as a 5/6 PQE in house counsel.

Recently I have been promoted. The promotion was a paltry $400 in exchange for additional responsibilities and workload.

I think that the amount is a tad low for the additional workload.

Should I consider a move to another company?

Unregistered 25-06-2018 03:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 108292)
To know whether front load or no load,
Pqe 1 6k monthly + 8mths bonus = the real deal, 120k good old days

Pqe 1 5.5k monthly + 3 mths bonus = 82k, front load, most firms are doing this
Pqe 1 4.5k monthly + 6mths bonus = 81k, no front load

so PQE 1 these days cannot hit 100k anymore?

Unregistered 25-06-2018 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 108301)
so PQE 1 these days cannot hit 100k anymore?

I think OP here should be referring to NQ rather then PQE 1. I just got called this year, so i can confirm on the numbers.