Lawyer Salary - Page 239 - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries




Lawyer Salary

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #2381 (permalink)  
Old 11-03-2018, 04:18 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
My opinion is you all trainees should stand up against abuse. Complain to employment tribunal. Make it known. Get newspaper to come n cover
then what? expose the firm, and lose your training contract?
the firm will still stand (but with bad blood in industry)
but you as trainee will not be called to bar.


I have seen much worst abuse during my training period to other and myself such as partner threatened not to sign the checklist, making trainee wait for her while she comes in office late everyday plus leave early, partner trying to cut cost by restricting the use of photocopying machine, refuse to purchase latest edition of textbook / software, trainees made to work without any supervision for days then partner will keep scolding and asking trainee questions when the partner should have done his/her due diligence from start....so on...

mind you I was in a decent firm mid/Big of >30

the entire environment becomes so toxic that people are 'made to' quit
call the press? how to verify?

Reply With Quote
  #2382 (permalink)  
Old 11-03-2018, 04:28 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
then what? expose the firm, and lose your training contract?
the firm will still stand (but with bad blood in industry)
but you as trainee will not be called to bar.


I have seen much worst abuse during my training period to other and myself such as partner threatened not to sign the checklist, making trainee wait for her while she comes in office late everyday plus leave early, partner trying to cut cost by restricting the use of photocopying machine, refuse to purchase latest edition of textbook / software, trainees made to work without any supervision for days then partner will keep scolding and asking trainee questions when the partner should have done his/her due diligence from start....so on...

mind you I was in a decent firm mid/Big of >30

the entire environment becomes so toxic that people are 'made to' quit
call the press? how to verify?
Precisely because of seniors like us that donít have the gumption to complain (and complain en masse), thatís why the environment continues to be the same year in and out. All the examples you mention above these are fairly normal. I have also heard character assasination.
I was forced to quit and everyday that I didnít, the scolding continued

Reply With Quote
  #2383 (permalink)  
Old 11-03-2018, 04:49 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Precisely because of seniors like us that donít have the gumption to complain (and complain en masse), thatís why the environment continues to be the same year in and out. All the examples you mention above these are fairly normal. I have also heard character assasination.
I was forced to quit and everyday that I didnít, the scolding continued

I admit as a trainee now I am afraid to speak out and hope that seniors can do it.
If I speak out, who can I speak to? ministry of law, agc, law society, ministry of labor? Are they even aware of such things happening in the first place?

Will my training contract be affected?

Reply With Quote
  #2384 (permalink)  
Old 11-03-2018, 10:24 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I admit as a trainee now I am afraid to speak out and hope that seniors can do it.
If I speak out, who can I speak to? ministry of law, agc, law society, ministry of labor? Are they even aware of such things happening in the first place?

Will my training contract be affected?
What can possibly happen?
Tbh ultimately you will still get called.
Too many trainees worry for nothing.
Reply With Quote
  #2385 (permalink)  
Old 12-03-2018, 10:01 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Is this a form of workplace abuse?
I am not trolling.

My boss punished me to write a memo on the use of oxford comma just because I used and she didnít like it and red inked all over my draft. She didnít allow the use.

I even had to present my funding to everyone in my team.


This is humiliating.
I even cried thinking about this.

You must be trolling.

How can such a practitioner in a professional industry such as lawyers do such ridiculous things and create such a hostile oppressive work environment?

please tell us whatís the firm so we all can avoid
Reply With Quote
  #2386 (permalink)  
Old 12-03-2018, 11:21 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

"I was working long hours and literally killing myself. I was skipping my daughter's school conferences and my son's football games. The boss was adding a lot of stress to my job, and finally I got sick. Instead of some support and empathy from my boss, he pushed me out.

I am glad that that happened. While out of work and sitting home with my children, I had a chance to re-evaluate what is really important to me in my life."


Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills
Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills


SG Bus Timing App
SG Bus Timing App - the best bus app - available on iOS and Android


SGX Stocks Android App - check share prices
SGX Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go


SGX Stocks for iPad - check latest Singapore share prices
SGX Stocks [iPad] app
| SGX Stocks [iPhone] app
Reply With Quote

  #2387 (permalink)  
Old 13-03-2018, 12:25 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
then what? expose the firm, and lose your training contract?
the firm will still stand (but with bad blood in industry)
but you as trainee will not be called to bar.


I have seen much worst abuse during my training period to other and myself such as partner threatened not to sign the checklist, making trainee wait for her while she comes in office late everyday plus leave early, partner trying to cut cost by restricting the use of photocopying machine, refuse to purchase latest edition of textbook / software, trainees made to work without any supervision for days then partner will keep scolding and asking trainee questions when the partner should have done his/her due diligence from start....so on...

mind you I was in a decent firm mid/Big of >30

the entire environment becomes so toxic that people are 'made to' quit
call the press? how to verify?
Which firm was it?
Reply With Quote
  #2388 (permalink)  
Old 13-03-2018, 12:55 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Harry elias
Reply With Quote
  #2389 (permalink)  
Old 13-03-2018, 02:16 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

What is the difference in work environment and salary between international law firms (cc bm eversheds, hogan lee and lee) vs local law firms?
Reply With Quote
  #2390 (permalink)  
Old 13-03-2018, 07:13 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Hogan Lovells $12k
Lee & Lee $3k
Hogan Lovells Lee & Lee $15k
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
advocate, law, lawyer, legal, solicitor

« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
From Lawyer Insider: Life is Glamorous but Unsatisfying Salary.sg Income and Jobs 31 15-01-2018 12:40 PM

» 30 Recent Threads
Anyone work in AVA Animal Health... ( 1 2)
14 Replies, 8,765 Views
Compare civil service salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
12,554 Replies, 7,332,228 Views
Lawyer Salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
13,657 Replies, 4,588,870 Views
How much are you earning per annum? ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
12,671 Replies, 4,347,011 Views
Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,616 Replies, 1,270,216 Views
Roles in accenture singapore ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,006 Replies, 518,896 Views
Asset Management Salary ( 1 2 3)
25 Replies, 3,150 Views
Career as Teacher ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
4,000 Replies, 2,493,180 Views
DSTA (under Mindef) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,022 Replies, 736,921 Views
How is life as a doctor in... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,734 Replies, 1,406,400 Views
MAS for Mid Career Professionals ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
471 Replies, 271,337 Views
Comp Science Frsh Grad Salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
616 Replies, 96,372 Views
ST Electronics ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,331 Replies, 569,611 Views
DBS tech seed programme ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
866 Replies, 219,663 Views
MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
4,058 Replies, 2,518,047 Views
GovTech Tech Associate Program... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
63 Replies, 34,717 Views
HDB (under MND) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
456 Replies, 369,199 Views
AML/Compliance/KYC professionals... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,514 Replies, 729,424 Views
GIC (Government of Singapore... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
327 Replies, 452,151 Views
Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,909 Replies, 1,742,429 Views
IMDA (under MCI) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
112 Replies, 56,825 Views
Banks' Pay and Bonuses ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
350 Replies, 151,861 Views
Exxon Mobil Equipment tech or... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,844 Replies, 606,659 Views
Breaking the Letter Of Commitment... ( 1 2 3)
27 Replies, 25,951 Views
High Finance Thread ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
298 Replies, 99,692 Views
Perm to contract, increase > 2k... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
30 Replies, 3,970 Views
Queries about Cpib application ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,266 Replies, 640,128 Views
Unilever UFLP 2018 ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
81 Replies, 24,053 Views
How rich/poor am I compared to... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
81 Replies, 70,002 Views
Anyone jobless for a long time... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,093 Replies, 1,310,651 Views
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2



All times are GMT +8. The time now is 03:42 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2