Lawyer Salary - Page 236 - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries




Lawyer Salary

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #2351 (permalink)  
Old 07-03-2018, 03:01 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
almost 1 am and I am leaving office. this life is really terrible yet i don’t know what else I can do with my law degree. Is there anybody’s life as shitty as mine?


also i find a lot people here quite intolerant in the sense they will say others is “trolling” when the facts doesn’t conform to their realities.
It has only been the third day of the working week and I've already clocked 50 hours, so you're not alone. This is the dog life.

Reply With Quote
  #2352 (permalink)  
Old 07-03-2018, 03:06 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
It has only been the third day of the working week and I've already clocked 50 hours, so you're not alone. This is the dog life.
Sorry, typo. 40 hours. Went back to the office a couple of days ago on Sunday as well.

Reply With Quote
  #2353 (permalink)  
Old 07-03-2018, 08:05 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sorry, typo. 40 hours. Went back to the office a couple of days ago on Sunday as well.
Be thankful. You’re in A&G or R&T?
Some ppl in the other big four/ JLVs have no work at all

Reply With Quote
  #2354 (permalink)  
Old 07-03-2018, 08:34 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

How can Jv and big4 have no work at all?
Reply With Quote
  #2355 (permalink)  
Old 07-03-2018, 08:44 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

I heard some firm has so much work for trainees
that one even injured hand while carrying stuff and went hospital
Reply With Quote
  #2356 (permalink)  
Old 07-03-2018, 09:06 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
How can Jv and big4 have no work at all?
Go ask around. Ask your friends in law
Reply With Quote

  #2357 (permalink)  
Old 07-03-2018, 11:29 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Be thankful. You’re in A&G or R&T?
Some ppl in the other big four/ JLVs have no work at all
wongp and drew out of work?
Reply With Quote
  #2358 (permalink)  
Old 08-03-2018, 08:58 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Can share besides legal counsel in house, what are some of the other career opportunities for a person with a law degree only?
Can become CEO in a conglomerate?
Reply With Quote
  #2359 (permalink)  
Old 08-03-2018, 02:04 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
almost 1 am and I am leaving office. this life is really terrible yet i don’t know what else I can do with my law degree. Is there anybody’s life as shitty as mine?


also i find a lot people here quite intolerant in the sense they will say others is “trolling” when the facts doesn’t conform to their realities.
We think that they're trolling because some of the comments and questions here are so immature and uninformed that it's hard to believe the posters are really lawyers, trainees or even law students.

Take for instance the poster above who asked whether he can be a "CEO in a conglomerate" with a law degree. Obviously anybody can be a CEO if he has the relevant competence, gumption and experience, even someone with no degree.

See it's dumb questions like that that make us wonder if people here are really trolling or serious. Surely the next generation of law grads can't be that hopeless right.


Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills
Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills


SG Bus Timing App
SG Bus Timing App - the best bus app - available on iOS and Android


Bursa Stocks Android App - check share prices
Bursa Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go


SGX Stocks Android App - check share prices
SGX Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go


SGX Stocks for iPad - check latest Singapore share prices
SGX Stocks [iPad] app
| SGX Stocks [iPhone] app
Reply With Quote
  #2360 (permalink)  
Old 08-03-2018, 02:48 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
We think that they're trolling because some of the comments and questions here are so immature and uninformed that it's hard to believe the posters are really lawyers, trainees or even law students.

Take for instance the poster above who asked whether he can be a "CEO in a conglomerate" with a law degree. Obviously anybody can be a CEO if he has the relevant competence, gumption and experience, even someone with no degree.

See it's dumb questions like that that make us wonder if people here are really trolling or serious. Surely the next generation of law grads can't be that hopeless right.

I think you are the troll for accusing others. He asked that question because he appears to be a law student hopeful.

He is just trying to consider if it is feasible to study law.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
advocate, law, lawyer, legal, solicitor

« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
From Lawyer Insider: Life is Glamorous but Unsatisfying Salary.sg Income and Jobs 31 15-01-2018 12:40 PM

» 30 Recent Threads
Career as Teacher ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
11,690 Replies, 7,133,797 Views
NCS (SingTel subsidiary) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,409 Replies, 1,223,173 Views
Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
6,372 Replies, 3,962,009 Views
How is life as a doctor in... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
7,538 Replies, 3,611,971 Views
Work culture in IHiS ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
737 Replies, 585,172 Views
Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
18,016 Replies, 5,453,262 Views
Civil Servant Bonus Mid-2023 ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
257 Replies, 201,673 Views
GovTech ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
6,592 Replies, 2,563,079 Views
LTA (Land Transport Authority) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
874 Replies, 466,905 Views
MAS for Mid Career Professionals ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,278 Replies, 1,160,601 Views
Hospital (Private or Public)... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
831 Replies, 475,673 Views
GIC offer ( 1 2)
16 Replies, 661 Views
Roles in accenture singapore ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
8,085 Replies, 2,550,332 Views
Lawyer Salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
21,394 Replies, 10,782,940 Views
ST Electronics ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,924 Replies, 1,656,725 Views
HTX (Home Team Science and... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
928 Replies, 447,056 Views
PMO (Prime Minister's Office... ( 1 2 3)
23 Replies, 8,011 Views
ITE (lecturer) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
283 Replies, 406,391 Views
DBS Bank career advancement,... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
138 Replies, 311,531 Views
ITE Polytechnic Scheme ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
350 Replies, 400,456 Views
AIC Agency of Integrated Care Jobs? ( 1 2)
16 Replies, 15,128 Views
MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
6,041 Replies, 4,887,688 Views
SIM-UOL fresh grad starting pay ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
6,942 Replies, 2,988,165 Views
Compare civil service salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
16,498 Replies, 12,891,152 Views
Civil Service Performance Bonus ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
5,469 Replies, 4,974,827 Views
A*Star (Agency for Science,... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
44 Replies, 109,836 Views
INL Agency? Brand Communication...
4 Replies, 488 Views
IMDA (under MCI) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,351 Replies, 696,792 Views
Job Application with MOE... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
498 Replies, 665,840 Views
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2



All times are GMT +8. The time now is 11:09 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2