Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Lawyer Salary (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/771-lawyer-salary.html)

Unregistered 18-08-2020 06:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 144071)
An animal that makes the crack sound when you accidentally step on it

And the link to sexual equality and womens charter being???

Unregistered 18-08-2020 10:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 144104)
And the link to sexual equality and womens charter being???

Man sarcasm is really lost on this bunch of autists

Unregistered 18-08-2020 10:46 PM

Anyone here wants to quit law and become a financial consultant?

Unregistered 18-08-2020 11:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 144113)
Anyone here wants to quit law and become a financial consultant?

Me, I want to quit law to become a prostitute... oh wait, I'm already taking whatever positions the client wants me in.

Unregistered 19-08-2020 04:27 AM

Hi guys, not being a troll but just genuinely want to avoid being the centre of office gossip.

Do you think it is appropriate for a 3-4 PQE to wear a Rolex watch and bring an Hermes bag to the office? I enjoy such stuff that I bought with my own money but don’t want to get judged

Unregistered 19-08-2020 05:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 144124)
Hi guys, not being a troll but just genuinely want to avoid being the centre of office gossip.

Do you think it is appropriate for a 3-4 PQE to wear a Rolex watch and bring an Hermes bag to the office? I enjoy such stuff that I bought with my own money but don’t want to get judged

Do people actually spend mental energy on such ****?! I almost can't believe such a question is even conceivable.

Since you asked, here's my view. Just enjoy as you please. Don't do it to impress others, but do it cos you genuinely enjoy those items that you own.

I have a loud gold rolex given by my parents which I wore on and off when nq. Not ashamed that I didn't even earn it. I drove a more expensive car than my bosses during my TC. I didn't even buy it myself. I enjoyed the car thoroughly and was very grateful for it. Who's to judge? There's no rule which says only those of a certain rank are worthy to enjoy certain things.

Back in NS, there were several rich, low ranked clerks who drove Porsches and expensive Mercedes models to camp daily. They were lucky to enjoy the dream cars of many guys at such a young age, and I say good for them!

P.S. since you would even ask such a question, I hope you don't judge or value others by their material belongings. That would be extremely sad.

Unregistered 19-08-2020 07:12 AM

Quote:

Bunch of materialistic vacuous millenials we have here. Us boomers worked so hard to build up Singapore from scratch and you let it go to the dogs with your bourgeois aspirations.

Unregistered 19-08-2020 10:13 AM

Quote:

Wear it together with your saint laurent shoes. Wrap yourself up in a hermes jacket and also adorn your skin with glittering diamonds.

Then work your ass off and see if ur boss is jealous and still give u crap bonus.

Unregistered 19-08-2020 11:33 AM

Quote:

it's fine if you're in an international firm

Unregistered 19-08-2020 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 144130)
it's fine if you're in an international firm

Im in a local firm and i wear branded stuff. Why the discrimination

Unregistered 19-08-2020 11:55 AM

Quote:

Now wfh nia. You wear rolex and underwear only in your bedroom and email your clients. The only person judging you probably your lao bu, why your room so messy. Hermes bag kena mari kondo by your mother then you know

Unregistered 19-08-2020 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 144131)
Im in a local firm and i wear branded stuff. Why the discrimination

3-4 pqe in a local firm dont buy hermes la

pple will think you're trying too hard

Unregistered 19-08-2020 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 144134)
3-4 pqe in a local firm dont buy hermes la

pple will think you're trying too hard

Fug why must i please the world. I wear hermes u say i try too hard. I wear uniqlo u say i poor. Then buy what. Buy same stuff as u but u applying ur subjective financial mediocrity on me.

Unregistered 19-08-2020 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 144125)
Do people actually spend mental energy on such ****?! I almost can't believe such a question is even conceivable.

Since you asked, here's my view. Just enjoy as you please. Don't do it to impress others, but do it cos you genuinely enjoy those items that you own.

I have a loud gold rolex given by my parents which I wore on and off when nq. Not ashamed that I didn't even earn it. I drove a more expensive car than my bosses during my TC. I didn't even buy it myself. I enjoyed the car thoroughly and was very grateful for it. Who's to judge? There's no rule which says only those of a certain rank are worthy to enjoy certain things.

Back in NS, there were several rich, low ranked clerks who drove Porsches and expensive Mercedes models to camp daily. They were lucky to enjoy the dream cars of many guys at such a young age, and I say good for them!

P.S. since you would even ask such a question, I hope you don't judge or value others by their material belongings. That would be extremely sad.

I think it matters whether you are likeable or not. If you are not likeable / generally been an ass to anyone, no matter what you wear or drive, people will find ways to talk about you.

Unregistered 19-08-2020 01:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 144112)
Man sarcasm is really lost on this bunch of autists

Why are you so offensive?

ou seem very angsty and been posting loaded crap. It seems like there is alot of context to your posts and you are trying to get at something or someone.

I hope you find your peace somewhere and rid yourself of childish bitterness. Or at the very least find a hobby rather than be a consumed keyboard warrior.

Why is a Snail a figure of sarcasm to gender equality and repealing the Women's Charter? You have not explained.

Further, why are you such an intellectual snob? If people don't agree with you, they are autistic?

Unregistered 19-08-2020 01:05 PM

Snail

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 144140)
Why are you so offensive?

ou seem very angsty and been posting loaded crap. It seems like there is alot of context to your posts and you are trying to get at something or someone.

I hope you find your peace somewhere and rid yourself of childish bitterness. Or at the very least find a hobby rather than be a consumed keyboard warrior.

Why is a Snail a figure of sarcasm to gender equality and repealing the Women's Charter? You have not explained.

Further, why are you such an intellectual snob? If people don't agree with you, they are autistic?

Why so defensive ah. U the Snail ah

Unregistered 19-08-2020 01:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 144141)
Why so defensive ah. U the Snail ah

Aiya must be some inside joke. Ask around firms la then maybe can find out what is a Snail

Unregistered 19-08-2020 01:24 PM

#supportwfh

This is why I absolutely support WFH. No more gossips and spending our precious time “bonding” over tattles. I am more productive and energetic. The quality of my work has improved and I get to hit my billables easier. When I’m in office everyone just talks about everyone or pretends to be friends. What a waste of bandwidth. I am here to make a career for myself and not to poke my nose around. True friendships will come but they won’t appear just because you talked about someone else.

#employeeslivesmatter #supportwfh #wfhincreasesworkproductivity

Unregistered 19-08-2020 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 144143)
This is why I absolutely support WFH. No more gossips and spending our precious time “bonding” over tattles. I am more productive and energetic. The quality of my work has improved and I get to hit my billables easier. When I’m in office everyone just talks about everyone or pretends to be friends. What a waste of bandwidth. I am here to make a career for myself and not to poke my nose around. True friendships will come but they won’t appear just because you talked about someone else.

Is that right. So you don't talk about anyone. You have no frosty relationship with colleagues.

I actually think WFH increases poisonous gossip because of keyboard warriors and people just texting in their little cliques and making all kinds of accusatory speculations without the full context. When people are in the office alot of such invisible stuff does not go on with such venom and pace and sometimes misunderstandings are sorted out easier.

Unregistered 19-08-2020 01:42 PM

Quote:

If you are the one who posted about Snail given the similar usage of hashtags then it is clear your issues are office politics driven

Unregistered 19-08-2020 01:45 PM

Quote:

What a load of hypocritical bull. Then why are you here playing shadow politics and disguised gossips.

Unregistered 19-08-2020 01:55 PM

Quote:

Let's pierce your post.

You are working in a place where the culture is to bond over tattles. Everyone there gossips and you dont have true friends there. Yet you say true friends will come. You want to do well there strangely even though u say everyone pretends to be friends.

The bonding caused you to be less productive and energetic. Previously your quality was not your best and you had difficult hitting billables.

Like with all **** here people are talking about themselves but throwing some smoke to disguise. My hunch is you are a top biller. You are introverted. You have no real friends. You are guarded and hate disclosing about your life. You are actually a master gossiper and you stay in your **** place despite saying it is **** because you love money.

Unregistered 19-08-2020 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 144142)
Aiya must be some inside joke. Ask around firms la then maybe can find out what is a Snail

Any volunteers

Unregistered 19-08-2020 02:07 PM

Quote:

True friends will talk about bad people doing evil. In times of evil and oppression true friends appear.

Unregistered 19-08-2020 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 144152)
True friends will talk about bad people doing evil. In times of evil and oppression true friends appear.

Is charles yeo a true friend?

Unregistered 19-08-2020 02:59 PM

Quote:

Attn: @equitypartners

Unregistered 19-08-2020 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 144158)
Is charles yeo a true friend?

Of cos since he is defending u from the upcoming police n defamation actions

Unregistered 19-08-2020 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 144159)
Attn: @equitypartners

Roger. Your voice is heard. You matter. We will implement WFH perpetually.

Unregistered 19-08-2020 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 144135)
Fug why must i please the world. I wear hermes u say i try too hard. I wear uniqlo u say i poor. Then buy what. Buy same stuff as u but u applying ur subjective financial mediocrity on me.

i'm a B4 SA but only wear a casio watch to work and client meetings

Unregistered 19-08-2020 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 144164)
i'm a B4 SA but only wear a casio watch to work and client meetings

so which part of your statement is suppose to be impressive?

Unregistered 19-08-2020 05:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 144166)
so which part of your statement is suppose to be impressive?

The part that i am an SA. An SA is very big. Im earmarked for partnership. Im the future.

Unregistered 19-08-2020 06:04 PM

SG grads
Not
Actually
International
Lawyers

all do womens charter work one

Unregistered 19-08-2020 06:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 144174)
SG grads
Not
Actually
International
Lawyers

So doing family law is not respectable?

Unregistered 19-08-2020 07:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 144174)
SG grads
Not
Actually
International
Lawyers

What has this got to do with gender equality? And SnailLivesMatter?

And what's so sarcastic about it.

Unregistered 19-08-2020 10:03 PM

I have met a male lawyer from Grindr and he seems very open to having a relationship with me. How is the homosexual scene in the legal industry? I am looking for something serious and I am sure his workplace has to play a big part in this too.

Unregistered 19-08-2020 11:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 144177)
So doing family law is not respectable?

who say not respectable?? family law got intl one what, child kena kidnap overseas

Unregistered 19-08-2020 11:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 144186)
I have met a male lawyer from Grindr and he seems very open to having a relationship with me. How is the homosexual scene in the legal industry? I am looking for something serious and I am sure his workplace has to play a big part in this too.

Quite accepting I would say. Personally know a few gay lawyers and they’re treated normally. Who you are as a person matters more.

Unregistered 19-08-2020 11:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 144188)
Quite accepting I would say. Personally know a few gay lawyers and they’re treated normally. Who you are as a person matters more.

I do know a fair number of gay partners too and they are amazing people.

Unregistered 20-08-2020 04:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 144180)
What has this got to do with gender equality? And SnailLivesMatter?

And what's so sarcastic about it.

Actual lawyers care more about their livelihood and a lot less about the women's charter lol. It's basically a random piece of legislation which has little impact unless you work in family law. Thought that was obvious

Unregistered 20-08-2020 07:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 144191)
Actual lawyers care more about their livelihood and a lot less about the women's charter lol. It's basically a random piece of legislation which has little impact unless you work in family law. Thought that was obvious

What happens when said equity partners get divorced which is not uncommon these days? Are they not worried about losing a sizeable chunk of assets to the other half who's been wining and dining while he slaves away till the wee hours for work? The women's charter affects all Singaporean males adversely whether he thinks about it now or not.