Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Lawyer Salary (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/771-lawyer-salary.html)

Unregistered 13-02-2018 08:42 AM

haha, but in all honesty, its better to just suck it up and tahan for another 4 months. after TC, you can run to somewhere else. there is no telling how the new boss will treat you in a different firm, could be same or worse.

Unregistered 13-02-2018 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 104646)
haha, but in all honesty, its better to just suck it up and tahan for another 4 months. after TC, you can run to somewhere else. there is no telling how the new boss will treat you in a different firm, could be same or worse.

Yeah I did that and finished my tc, but at the end of the day, after getting called, find a new firm, same treatment.

Unregistered 13-02-2018 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 104651)
Yeah I did that and finished my tc, but at the end of the day, after getting called, find a new firm, same treatment.

Were you from RHT by any chance? I've heard many accounts which are eerily similar.

Unregistered 13-02-2018 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 104661)
Were you from RHT by any chance? I've heard many accounts which are eerily similar.

Check this out:
s://.glassdoor.com/Reviews/RHTLaw-Reviews-E484404.htm

Unregistered 13-02-2018 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 104663)
Check this out:

Sigh I wanna know why on law soc professional notices, so many junior lawyers (these are dean listers) are leaving big firms to go in-house or 3-5 man show?

Unregistered 13-02-2018 08:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 104670)
Sigh I wanna know why on law soc professional notices, so many junior lawyers (these are dean listers) are leaving big firms to go in-house or 3-5 man show?

They can’t take the **** getting dished out in the big firms.

Unregistered 13-02-2018 10:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 104642)
Not sure what your reply had to do with mine, but you've raised an important point. The real lucky people are those born in the right family with everything served to them on a silver platter since day one. So I don't understand why all the admiration for lawyers or even investment bankers, considering that they're slogging away just to obtain a fraction of material wealth enjoyed by those who were born into money. 10k, 20k, 30k a month is good money, but it's nothing in the grand scheme of things if you have to work 100 hours a week to achieve that.

Le gong Simi lj wei? Obv for every 1% born into money there are 99% farmers and peasants. Has been and always will be. This forum is for the 99%. If you are a farmer but managed to make it to become a partner pulling 20k a month, i'd say that's a pretty good achievement

Unregistered 14-02-2018 01:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 104663)
Check this out:

lol i've dealt with rht on deals, the work is perpetually shoddy and lacks commercial sense. there have been times where even my own clients will point out at clauses and be like huh? did they anyhow copy and paste. can only assume that training is not great there.

Unregistered 14-02-2018 09:43 AM

I’m tired of legal practice and I want to give up but I can’t because I’m too poor and my ex broke up with me because her parents said I’m too poor. So I have to try very hard and prove even though it’s tough.

Unregistered 14-02-2018 10:16 AM

poor? how can that be?

Ask anyone they will say doctor and lawyer are the ways to be rich