Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Lawyer Salary (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/771-lawyer-salary.html)

Unregistered 07-02-2024 09:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 267765)
the guy who committed suicide last year was from REITS. good luck if you join. a&g is a massive slavedriver. i'm there now and want to kill myself on the daily lol

It's sad. I qualified close to 9-10 years ago and there were also a couple of su**de cases (1 my year and 1 below me) in law firms. Nothing has changed.

Wish the industry would pay more attention to mental health issues instead of mere lip service, while holding up "beastings" (tekan) as badges of honours.

Unregistered 07-02-2024 11:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 267829)
It's sad. I qualified close to 9-10 years ago and there were also a couple of su**de cases (1 my year and 1 below me) in law firms. Nothing has changed.

Wish the industry would pay more attention to mental health issues instead of mere lip service, while holding up "beastings" (tekan) as badges of honours.

what firm were you from? Are you a SP/EP now?

Unregistered 08-02-2024 01:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 267813)
Am from the REITs team. Saw many seniors leaving for international firms, is it really as easy as they make it out to get accepted?

I mean, surviving in A&G REITs does put you in a relatively good position re: exit ops. Once people see that on your CV, a few things will be implied - (1) you can work ****ing long hours, (2) you can probably handle stress, (3) you have a reasonably wide range of skills (a lil' bit of M&A, JVs, real estate and capital markets work), and (4) you are semi-intelligent.

As long as you don't ****ing bomb the interview, you SHOULD be fine. You can get accepted into an international firm.

That said, demand is soft in the market now so not many openings.

Unregistered 09-02-2024 08:53 PM

s://.rollonfriday.com/feature-content/lawbrag-week

Unregistered 10-02-2024 06:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 267983)
s://.rollonfriday.com/feature-content/lawbrag-week

Reposted on his LinkedIn too mind you!

Unregistered 10-02-2024 11:08 AM

Thoughts on Khelvin Xu moving to a small firm, and other former B4 lawyers breaking away to form their own boutiques?

Has the allure of being a 'lifer' at a B4 lost its lustre?

Unregistered 10-02-2024 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 267846)
I mean, surviving in A&G REITs does put you in a relatively good position re: exit ops. Once people see that on your CV, a few things will be implied - (1) you can work ****ing long hours, (2) you can probably handle stress, (3) you have a reasonably wide range of skills (a lil' bit of M&A, JVs, real estate and capital markets work), and (4) you are semi-intelligent.

As long as you don't ****ing bomb the interview, you SHOULD be fine. You can get accepted into an international firm.

That said, demand is soft in the market now so not many openings.

but if there such a low bar to be accepted why would anyone not go there and enjoy the 15-16k pay instead of the paltry sum at b4? theres only 24 hours in a day, how much busier can it be?

Unregistered 10-02-2024 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 268023)
Thoughts on Khelvin Xu moving to a small firm, and other former B4 lawyers breaking away to form their own boutiques?

Has the allure of being a 'lifer' at a B4 lost its lustre?

Who? Did you mispell Khelvin or is this one of those new age names?

Anyway, big 4 is a waste of time. Low pay, hamster treadmill.

Unregistered 10-02-2024 09:34 PM

Nah, I think he/she was referring to Khelvin Xu (Previously a partner at RnT) and probably Danny Ong that left to set up his own boutique firm - Setia

Unregistered 11-02-2024 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 268071)
Nah, I think he/she was referring to Khelvin Xu (Previously a partner at RnT) and probably Danny Ong that left to set up his own boutique firm - Setia

Kelvin koh from tsmp?