Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Lawyer Salary (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/771-lawyer-salary.html)

Unregistered 29-01-2024 09:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 266806)
Stop the fear-mongering la and perpetuating this toxic culture. so what if he was really upset (which I doubt it honestly)? Ask all law firm in sg to blacklist his name?

I second this. Honestly juniors in the legal industry should stop responding to fear tactics. Employment is a two way relationship. It may not be an entirely equal relationship but you're not a property like an ox owned by a farmer.

Unregistered 29-01-2024 03:44 PM

thoughts on a&g banking partners?

Unregistered 29-01-2024 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 266808)
I second this. Honestly juniors in the legal industry should stop responding to fear tactics. Employment is a two way relationship. It may not be an entirely equal relationship but you're not a property like an ox owned by a farmer.

Most of the posters here are university students or fresh grads talking big and trying to act like they're in the know or have insider info. On an anonymous forum no less. It's pretty piteous.

Unregistered 29-01-2024 10:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 266948)
Most of the posters here are university students or fresh grads talking big and trying to act like they're in the know or have insider info. On an anonymous forum no less. It's pretty piteous.

Agreed.

Much like you and me.

Unregistered 30-01-2024 12:24 AM

Advice Needed

Is it worth it to take on a six-figure loan to finance my studies in Cambridge for Law?

Unregistered 30-01-2024 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 266969)
Is it worth it to take on a six-figure loan to finance my studies in Cambridge for Law?

What's are your alternatives? No use paying so much if you can study for cheaper at NUS/SMU.

Unregistered 30-01-2024 03:00 PM

Does anyone know the compensation package for JLC? Monthly pay, bonus, etc.

Unregistered 30-01-2024 06:00 PM

Quote:

Worth. You will be head and shoulders above local law grads incl JLCs and FCHs

Unregistered 30-01-2024 08:12 PM

Quote:

It's a close call. I assume you also have a place in local law.

Normally it'd be a no-brainer to accept Oxbridge law, but if you need to take a loan, it means your family isn't privileged like the typical mid upper class law kid. So there's an added dimension to consider.

Cambridge law is definitely advantageous, but you have to make sure you leverage it for a spot in the higher paying int'l firms. Nothing in life is guaranteed.

A poor outcome in your case would be to go to Cambridge, come back having to pay back the student loan, and start in a Big 4 on a lousy local salary like the rest.

There's an element of risk. But if you're brave enough, I'd say take it. You're young after all.

Unregistered 30-01-2024 11:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 267020)
Does anyone know the compensation package for JLC? Monthly pay, bonus, etc.

Comparable to B4 NQ since they are getting an extra 1 month bonus on top of the usual package for civil service