Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Lawyer Salary (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/771-lawyer-salary.html)

Unregistered 03-01-2023 04:14 AM

3PQE at a B4 M&A + PE funds practice. Have a question for those who successfully secured the bag during the great resignation last year. I have been approached by a recruiter for a funds role in a US firm looking to set up shop in SG. The compensation is more than twice of what I am getting right now but afaik 20% lesser than my NY counterparts. Would like to check if this is normal practice for Singapore offices of US firms in SG?

Unregistered 03-01-2023 07:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 238065)
- LAW -
Baker = 8.35k
A&G = 6.2k
Lee & Lee = 4.2k
TSMP = 6.4k
WongPartnership = 5.5k
R&T = 5.8k
Dentons = 5.2k

2022 TC compiled
- most firms decide to lower salary due to a gut in tech firms work

Tell me u not in the industry without telling me

Unregistered 03-01-2023 08:09 AM

CSI the daggers against our AG n Eugene Thuraisingnam

Part a. TOC's obsession with current AG Lucien Wong, LML, Parti Liyani
(Attorney General Wong used to work closely with CEO Liew on CapitaLand’s board for more than 5 yrs) "In a press release issued on Sunday (6 Sep), the Attorney-General’s Chambers (AGC) said that it will study the judgment on Parti Liyani v PP to assess what further action to be taken, in the light of Justice Chan Seng Onn’s comments on the case (‘Attorney General’s Chambers to study judgment of Parti Liyani v PP to assess further actions‘)." s://.theonlinecitizen.com/2020/09/09/attorney-general-wong-used-to-work-closely-with-ceo-liew-on-capitalands-board-for-more-than-5-yrs/

Part b. wALTY Son's (AGC employee) IS OBSESSED with Parti Liyani v PP and Eugene Thuraisingnam's client Yeo Sow Nam
s://lawgazette.com.sg/feature/acquittal-does-not-mean-innocent/ s://lawgazette.com.sg/author/alexander-joseph-woon/

Hello, sALTY OF THE CURRENT AG JUST SAY LAH, 4 YEAR NMP STILL CALL YOURSELF ''POLITICIAN'', NOBODY EVEN VOTED FOR YOU, YOUR SON PSC SCHOLAR didn't even TAKE PART A lor, still dare to SAY NOT NEPOTISM IN THE AUSLSS PODCAST

Unregistered 03-01-2023 09:20 AM

s://.theonlinecitizen.com/2020/11/24/psp-chief-tan-cheng-bock-unelected-nmps-can-never-really-understand-the-needs-of-the-electorate/

Unelected then unelected la. Must let TOC quote Tan Cheng Bock calling you a "good" NMP while condemning the rest of the NMP as not "good" because they are members of the ruling People’s Action Party (PAP). Baseless since the standard of "good" is set by a failed oppie who lost the election.

Playing to the tune of the Oppie does not increase public approval, sir Wally.

Unregistered 03-01-2023 09:25 AM

2 going 3 PQE

2020 called. Corp, with a liti background during TC. Am looking to jump into an in-house, or bigger firm.

What salary should I be looking at.

Unregistered 03-01-2023 09:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 238060)
She does have the crazy eyes

still nicer than the slit eyes wince, stout and fat woonnie pooh genetics

Unregistered 03-01-2023 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 238075)
3PQE at a B4 M&A + PE funds practice. Have a question for those who successfully secured the bag during the great resignation last year. I have been approached by a recruiter for a funds role in a US firm looking to set up shop in SG. The compensation is more than twice of what I am getting right now but afaik 20% lesser than my NY counterparts. Would like to check if this is normal practice for Singapore offices of US firms in SG?

US firms in Singapore are notoriously selective and only take top talent.

As you noted, it’d more than double your current income.

I suggest you secure an offer first before asking so many questions. US firms do not just take anyone…

Unregistered 03-01-2023 11:23 AM

Likely speculation is.Wally has links to theindependent as well. The opposition webby has been reproducing his son's opinions like a sycophant. s://theindependent.sg/son-of-former-ag-walter-woon-says-agc-statement-against-eugene-thuraisaingan-raises-questions/

s://theindependent.sg/making-a-mockery-of-meritocracy/ this expose shamed the children of Wally's government colleagues and peers, including the president and pm. Mysteriously left Alex Woon out of the axe, when he is also a scholar too? In a nepotistic fashion, Alex leapfrogged to RHT Counsel from the AGC? What meritocracy?

Somehow Wally is an angel untouchable and praised by the Oppies, why?

Unregistered 03-01-2023 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 238087)
US firms in Singapore are notoriously selective and only take top talent.

As you noted, it’d more than double your current income.

I suggest you secure an offer first before asking so many questions. US firms do not just take anyone…

This goes for the MCs as well (the lower tier UK firms not so much). In fact it is usually harder for local talent to get into MCs than US firms, as all the MCs have technical rounds as part of the interview process. US firms just go by fit and CV interviews (which the MCs do anyway).

pOOh doppelganger 03-01-2023 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 238030)
what kind of waves?

Wally Wonka Waves

s://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/1/10/Winniethepooh.png s://lawgazette.com.sg/wp-content/uploads/2021/12/Alexander_Woon_photo1.jpg

s://cdn.myanimelist.net/images/characters/8/391129.jpg
s://law.nus.edu.sg/alumni/wp-content/uploads/sites/13/2022/04/Professor-Walter.jpg
s://static.wikia.nocookie.net/p__/images/6/6e/Winnie_The_Pooh.png/revision/latest?cb=20190922201041&path-prefix=protagonist
s://farm5.staticflickr.com/4389/36459154963_1c17deb583_o.jpg
s://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTO8VvutasMHKdY6I7A94b7WpnhU-kFVP5y4g&usqp=CAU