Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Lawyer Salary (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/771-lawyer-salary.html)

Unregistered 05-12-2022 10:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 236529)
MLS is rising up and coming firm. I predict it will overtake even some Big 4 soon

How’s the pay? Matching b4 rates or just a tad bit under?

Unregistered 06-12-2022 08:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 236514)
Please elaborate!

Despite above comments...
They have quite a bit of good quality work. If this is your only offer, take it.

Unregistered 06-12-2022 12:13 PM

2PQE corp assoc here.

Till now I feel clueless, and have found myself struggling to impart and give instructions. I’ve struggled with giving guidance and delegating work since I had trouble with a trainee in the past. I only feel comfortable doing everything myself.

How can I make the work a better place.

Unregistered 06-12-2022 03:38 PM

Everywhere is hiring lawyers and junior associates, don't be choosy and complain about low salaries when you have enough to put food on the table.

Unregistered 06-12-2022 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 236576)
Everywhere is hiring lawyers and junior associates, don't be choosy and complain about low salaries when you have enough to put food on the table.

These are local firms which pay bottom of the barrel rates (including A&G). If they only paid their lawyers fairly the amount of openings would be much less.

Unregistered 06-12-2022 04:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 236565)
2PQE corp assoc here.

Till now I feel clueless, and have found myself struggling to impart and give instructions. I’ve struggled with giving guidance and delegating work since I had trouble with a trainee in the past. I only feel comfortable doing everything myself.

How can I make the work a better place.

What was the problem u had with the trainee?

Maybe you can start with learning to delegate smaller, more fail-proof tasks to build your confidence.

If you do everything yourself, your current trainee might rat on you for being a control maniac as well.

And document everything!

Unregistered 06-12-2022 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 236577)
These are local firms which pay bottom of the barrel rates (including A&G). If they only paid their lawyers fairly the amount of openings would be much less.

Think what the original poster means is supply exceeds demand.

Unregistered 06-12-2022 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 236580)
Think what the original poster means is supply exceeds demand.

No, what I meant is everywhere is hiring, and these juniors can easily find jobs. They just need to stop complaining like strawberries.

Unregistered 06-12-2022 05:25 PM

Psc scholar

I'm thinking of psc legal scholarship

How much does psc legal scholars get paid for girls, fresh grad, first class honours?

Unregistered 06-12-2022 08:03 PM

How are SUSS lawyers treated in the industry?