Lawyer Salary - Page 1726 - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries




Lawyer Salary

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #17251 (permalink)  
Old 12-07-2022, 12:39 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Indications of passing probation

What are the signs or indicators?

Reply With Quote
  #17252 (permalink)  
Old 13-07-2022, 03:38 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
What are the signs or indicators?
Easiest one, boss talks to you about whether you want to continue working there or includes you in plans past your TC period.

Reply With Quote
  #17253 (permalink)  
Old 13-07-2022, 07:29 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Not OP. But in the old days it was a shoo in for nus fch bcos only the top 5% get fch.
Oxford BCL requires ppl to be in top 1-3% or prize winners for those in the top 4-5%.
With 10% nus getting fch now, the situation is a lot more competitive. And scholarship doesn’t need to be from Oxford direct. It can be from other places, such as scholarship for top alumni from smu, etc
How to fight with my peers who took PSC and go Cantab + Harvard?

Reply With Quote
  #17254 (permalink)  
Old 13-07-2022, 10:20 PM
Unregistere
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

anyone thinks that going inhouse is for lawyers who cmi in practice?
Reply With Quote
  #17255 (permalink)  
Old 14-07-2022, 12:49 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistere View Post
anyone thinks that going inhouse is for lawyers who cmi in practice?
Some people prefer better work-life balance in return for less pay/prestige. It's just different priorities; doesn't mean they cmi in practice. You could be a really good lawyer and could easily make EP in a top firm and still decide to go in-house for lifestyle reasons.
Reply With Quote
  #17256 (permalink)  
Old 14-07-2022, 12:52 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Some people prefer better work-life balance in return for less pay/prestige. It's just different priorities; doesn't mean they cmi in practice. You could be a really good lawyer and could easily make EP in a top firm and still decide to go in-house for lifestyle reasons.
Thats just loser talk.
Reply With Quote

  #17257 (permalink)  
Old 14-07-2022, 12:51 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistere View Post
anyone thinks that going inhouse is for lawyers who cmi in practice?
It's OK la. I'm an in-houser and fine with all this 'cmi' labels really. Speaking of which, last week I literally just threw stuff for our Big 4 team to do over the Hari Raya weekend which they of course obliged and delivered on Tues AM. Or rather the partner obliged and the juniors did the work.

Cmi or loser at the end of the day , these are really just labels. The only issue is whether it sits well with ur ego and pride. I get to end work on the dot at 5.30-6pm and rarely overtime if at all. Weekends are virtually untouched. I really can't envisage back to private practice lifestyle unless forced by circumstances.
Reply With Quote
  #17258 (permalink)  
Old 14-07-2022, 01:31 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
It's OK la. I'm an in-houser and fine with all this 'cmi' labels really. Speaking of which, last week I literally just threw stuff for our Big 4 team to do over the Hari Raya weekend which they of course obliged and delivered on Tues AM. Or rather the partner obliged and the juniors did the work.

Cmi or loser at the end of the day , these are really just labels. The only issue is whether it sits well with ur ego and pride. I get to end work on the dot at 5.30-6pm and rarely overtime if at all. Weekends are virtually untouched. I really can't envisage back to private practice lifestyle unless forced by circumstances.
you seem really insecure leh, having to brag about how you tekaned your lawyers.
Reply With Quote
  #17259 (permalink)  
Old 14-07-2022, 02:38 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
you seem really insecure leh, having to brag about how you tekaned your lawyers.
I'm the OP. Nah you misinterpret. It's not meant to be bragging. That statement was made to show how I can't go back to that kind of weekend-burnt lifestyle and schedule.

What you wanna think of it, is up to you.

But if the first notion that came to your mind is that my statement was meant to brag about "tekaning" and putting down pvt practice lawyers, I guess that's really quite symptomatic of how many ppl who're still in pvt practice behave/think. There's a lot of ego tripping & chasing prestige in pvt practice. Those of us who don't care much about such things, have removed ourselves from it.

Find what works for your career / goals n stop relying on the validations of others.
Reply With Quote
  #17260 (permalink)  
Old 14-07-2022, 10:18 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I'm the OP. Nah you misinterpret. It's not meant to be bragging. That statement was made to show how I can't go back to that kind of weekend-burnt lifestyle and schedule.

What you wanna think of it, is up to you.

But if the first notion that came to your mind is that my statement was meant to brag about "tekaning" and putting down pvt practice lawyers, I guess that's really quite symptomatic of how many ppl who're still in pvt practice behave/think. There's a lot of ego tripping & chasing prestige in pvt practice. Those of us who don't care much about such things, have removed ourselves from it.

Find what works for your career / goals n stop relying on the validations of others.
If you suffered weekend burnt lifestyle then why are you making people suffer now when you can control it?
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
advocate, law, lawyer, legal, solicitor

« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
From Lawyer Insider: Life is Glamorous but Unsatisfying Salary.sg Income and Jobs 31 15-01-2018 12:40 PM

» 30 Recent Threads
Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
5,013 Replies, 2,790,031 Views
IMDA (under MCI) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
474 Replies, 229,746 Views
DBS ACE Programme ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
71 Replies, 23,916 Views
Lawyer Salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
18,825 Replies, 7,959,313 Views
Singapore Power EDGE Program ( 1 2 3)
29 Replies, 7,102 Views
Micron starting pay ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
661 Replies, 271,045 Views
Compare civil service salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
15,131 Replies, 10,285,656 Views
NCS (SingTel subsidiary) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,125 Replies, 800,324 Views
MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
5,030 Replies, 3,599,782 Views
Career as Teacher ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
7,040 Replies, 4,460,026 Views
Singapore LNG Pay
7 Replies, 4,017 Views
DSTA (under Mindef) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,263 Replies, 1,025,166 Views
If you can't find a company here... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
119 Replies, 25,910 Views
DBS tech seed programme ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,815 Replies, 917,929 Views
UOB Management Associate Program ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,054 Replies, 536,826 Views
Enterprise Singapore hiriing... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
172 Replies, 166,495 Views
ITE Polytechnic Scheme ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
204 Replies, 235,940 Views
Civil Service Performance Bonus ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
4,278 Replies, 3,441,440 Views
ITE (lecturer) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
259 Replies, 300,484 Views
Singapore Examination and...
1 Replies, 4,111 Views
Roles in accenture singapore ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
5,667 Replies, 1,410,363 Views
ST Electronics ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,246 Replies, 1,060,498 Views
AISG (AI Singapore)
0 Replies, 89 Views
BCA (Building and Construction...
0 Replies, 91 Views
Uniqlo
0 Replies, 78 Views
Genting International Gaming...
0 Replies, 83 Views
TD Securities
0 Replies, 75 Views
Tuv Sud (TÜV SÜD)
0 Replies, 85 Views
Loreal (L'Oréal)
0 Replies, 179 Views
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2



All times are GMT +8. The time now is 01:13 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2023, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2