Lawyer Salary - Page 1660 - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries




Lawyer Salary

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #16591 (permalink)  
Old 26-04-2022, 06:30 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Will firms forget about its trainees since TCs are signed 1-2 years prior? Has it happened before?



Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills
Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills


SG Bus Timing App
SG Bus Timing App - the best bus app - available on iOS and Android


Bursa Stocks Android App - check share prices
Bursa Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go


SGX Stocks Android App - check share prices
SGX Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go


SGX Stocks for iPad - check latest Singapore share prices
SGX Stocks [iPad] app
| SGX Stocks [iPhone] app
Reply With Quote
  #16592 (permalink)  
Old 26-04-2022, 09:24 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Changing TC

I'm a current y4 student and I have a tc with a big4 corp. Is it possible at this point for me to change TC? Would it ruin my reputation at the firm that I'm currently supposed to tc at?

Reply With Quote
  #16593 (permalink)  
Old 26-04-2022, 11:19 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I'm a current y4 student and I have a tc with a big4 corp. Is it possible at this point for me to change TC? Would it ruin my reputation at the firm that I'm currently supposed to tc at?
Which department are you in?

Reply With Quote
  #16594 (permalink)  
Old 26-04-2022, 03:21 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Neutral observer here, but in all fairness the earlier poster did raise a couple of valid points even though he/she seemed to be siding with the cheater by saying that SILE should also take some responsibility.

Context behind how the cheating happened and what disciplinary action was already meted out (e.g retaking exams and what-not) are relevant to what punishments should be given to them now. I am curious as to how this whole thing will pan out.

I disagree that the points are valid. If you read carefully, the poster is making the flawed “asking for it” argument.

SILE designed a cheatable exam so SILE is "asking for it", hence also responsible.
A rape victim is dressed in an skimpy way so the victim is "asking for it", hence the victim is also responsible.

The other argument is also flawed.
There might be other cheats around that are uncaught, so the cheats deserve a lighter sentence.
DYT a crime committed in a high crime area deserves a lighter sentence, than the same crime committed in a low crime area?
Reply With Quote
  #16595 (permalink)  
Old 26-04-2022, 03:48 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I disagree that the points are valid. If you read carefully, the poster is making the flawed “asking for it” argument.

SILE designed a cheatable exam so SILE is "asking for it", hence also responsible.
A rape victim is dressed in an skimpy way so the victim is "asking for it", hence the victim is also responsible.

The other argument is also flawed.
There might be other cheats around that are uncaught, so the cheats deserve a lighter sentence.
DYT a crime committed in a high crime area deserves a lighter sentence, than the same crime committed in a low crime area?
I agree with your two points mentioned above, and he post was indeed flawed in those regard. However, as mentioned earlier, the context behind how the cheating happened and what disciplinary action was already meted out (e.g retaking exams and what-not) are still relevant to what punishments should be given to them now.

I may face a lot of flak for this view, but I think that it is only fair to release the names of the cheaters if they are to be admitted to the bar. But if their application is not accepted yet (i.e debar), then releasing the names seems to be double punishment. They have not committed any criminal offence, although their actions are highly morally questionable.

Where do you see their "range of punishments" to lie ? It is an interesting question. For cheating in school exams, their names are not usually revealed. However, the counter-argument of course is that we should superimpose legal profession rules on them (for policy reasons) even though they are not admitted to the profession yet.

It's one thing to despise their morally culpable conduct, but it is also important to give effect to due procedural process instead of being outcome-focused. Just giving a balanced assessment here and am not taking any sides.
Reply With Quote
  #16596 (permalink)  
Old 26-04-2022, 07:51 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

what is the current scale for NQ to 3PQE in wongp now and the typical bonuses?
Reply With Quote

  #16597 (permalink)  
Old 26-04-2022, 07:51 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I agree with your two points mentioned above, and he post was indeed flawed in those regard. However, as mentioned earlier, the context behind how the cheating happened and what disciplinary action was already meted out (e.g retaking exams and what-not) are still relevant to what punishments should be given to them now.

I may face a lot of flak for this view, but I think that it is only fair to release the names of the cheaters if they are to be admitted to the bar. But if their application is not accepted yet (i.e debar), then releasing the names seems to be double punishment. They have not committed any criminal offence, although their actions are highly morally questionable.

Where do you see their "range of punishments" to lie ? It is an interesting question. For cheating in school exams, their names are not usually revealed. However, the counter-argument of course is that we should superimpose legal profession rules on them (for policy reasons) even though they are not admitted to the profession yet.

It's one thing to despise their morally culpable conduct, but it is also important to give effect to due procedural process instead of being outcome-focused. Just giving a balanced assessment here and am not taking any sides.
A lot of good logic. But my humble opinion is that the names should be disclosed because I am kaypoh.
Reply With Quote
  #16598 (permalink)  
Old 26-04-2022, 07:58 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

These 11 cheaters have effectively pulled down the whole cohort and the future cohort - they have practically erased the advancements everyone has made as now people will be on a guessing game to see who are the cheats.

Please name them for those who know, as it is really unfair for those who worked hard and had to be in the same crowd as them.
Reply With Quote
  #16599 (permalink)  
Old 26-04-2022, 08:07 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
These 11 cheaters have effectively pulled down the whole cohort and the future cohort - they have practically erased the advancements everyone has made as now people will be on a guessing game to see who are the cheats.

Please name them for those who know, as it is really unfair for those who worked hard and had to be in the same crowd as them.
Not a bad try. But still - too bad.

Honestly, I doubt that anyone who is a law student or lawyer who graduated within the past 5 years doesnt know the names by now. It's been shared around so much. So the rest of you must just be busybodies from outside the legal fraternity
Reply With Quote
  #16600 (permalink)  
Old 26-04-2022, 08:14 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

All the chatter about these 11 losers is getting tiresome la.

I'm not even the least bit interested in their identities. To my mind, they're just a bunch of lazy entitled bums without integrity.

I wish the Court would've just shut the door on their admissions for good and be done with.

It's perfectly OK not to be a lawyer one. Hardly a death sentence. They still have a degree and can find other jobs that do not require a practising certificate. And I'm sure some of them will join daddy's company or something.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
advocate, law, lawyer, legal, solicitor

« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
From Lawyer Insider: Life is Glamorous but Unsatisfying Salary.sg Income and Jobs 31 15-01-2018 12:40 PM

» 30 Recent Threads
Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
17,264 Replies, 5,304,401 Views
Civil Servant Bonus Mid-2023 ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
169 Replies, 165,312 Views
Roles in accenture singapore ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
7,849 Replies, 2,480,605 Views
HTX (Home Team Science and... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
898 Replies, 425,541 Views
Career as Teacher ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
11,459 Replies, 7,013,715 Views
Compare civil service salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
16,480 Replies, 12,767,634 Views
IMDA (under MCI) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,322 Replies, 673,865 Views
Lawyer Salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
21,280 Replies, 10,661,160 Views
DSTA (under Mindef) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,605 Replies, 1,442,307 Views
How is life as a doctor in... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
7,487 Replies, 3,552,414 Views
ITE Polytechnic Scheme ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
343 Replies, 392,096 Views
Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
6,240 Replies, 3,895,666 Views
MAS for Mid Career Professionals ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,194 Replies, 1,130,503 Views
Work culture in IHiS ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
734 Replies, 572,349 Views
DBS tech seed programme ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,885 Replies, 1,551,657 Views
Factual Local Bank Salaries - DBS... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,902 Replies, 1,503,000 Views
CIMB Apprentice 2024 ( 1 2)
17 Replies, 566 Views
SEA (Garena) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
69 Replies, 97,045 Views
GovTech ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
6,497 Replies, 2,491,045 Views
LTA (Land Transport Authority) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
835 Replies, 445,167 Views
Hospital (Private or Public)... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
777 Replies, 453,822 Views
Ex-MOE Teachers ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
430 Replies, 516,812 Views
If you can't find a company here... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
145 Replies, 55,575 Views
AML/Compliance/KYC professionals... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,860 Replies, 1,261,068 Views
ST Electronics ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,868 Replies, 1,622,354 Views
MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
5,992 Replies, 4,823,121 Views
INL Agency? Brand Communication...
1 Replies, 141 Views
SIM-UOL fresh grad starting pay ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
6,938 Replies, 2,962,003 Views
Civil Service Current Estimated... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
191 Replies, 324,524 Views
Enterprise Singapore hiriing... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
184 Replies, 236,213 Views
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2



All times are GMT +8. The time now is 11:10 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2