Lawyer Salary - Page 165 - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries




Lawyer Salary

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1641 (permalink)  
Old 29-09-2017, 10:44 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
how is that working group coming along with itd report?

itís laughable, so many people got into firms tc
via connections

yet now need to have a working group to look into such practice?
No idea man. I haven't seen any reports about it on the news so i'm guessing that it hasn't been released yet.

I'm looking forward to it though, it'll be such a good laugh.

Reply With Quote
  #1642 (permalink)  
Old 29-09-2017, 10:45 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am still in law school, might consider going into a non-law career if the hours are too bad
Please, go for a non-law career.

Reply With Quote
  #1643 (permalink)  
Old 29-09-2017, 12:39 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am still in law school, might consider going into a non-law career if the hours are too bad

but money is good
can earn loads money as a lawyer / doctor right ?

Reply With Quote
  #1644 (permalink)  
Old 29-09-2017, 05:39 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
but money is good
can earn loads money as a lawyer / doctor right ?
ROFL.

Those were the days. Sigh.
Reply With Quote
  #1645 (permalink)  
Old 30-09-2017, 02:12 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Red face

Comoní

I am sure that market will swing back as it has been
for every economic cycle.

Was back in 2014 there was a shortage of lawyers ?


maybe 2018/9 then there is shortage of lawyers again.

Time to make big money
Reply With Quote
  #1646 (permalink)  
Old 30-09-2017, 04:50 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Comoní

I am sure that market will swing back as it has been
for every economic cycle.

Was back in 2014 there was a shortage of lawyers ?


maybe 2018/9 then there is shortage of lawyers again.

Time to make big money
If you think lawyers make big money think again. only laymen and kiasu parents have this misconception

there are many other ways to make money for less effort

what law offers is the promise of stability and decent middle class incomes for the segment of university grads that are book smart, not terribly entrepreneurial, and risk adverse whether by nature or by training.
Reply With Quote

  #1647 (permalink)  
Old 01-10-2017, 11:15 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
If you think lawyers make big money think again. only laymen and kiasu parents have this misconception

there are many other ways to make money for less effort

what law offers is the promise of stability and decent middle class incomes for the segment of university grads that are book smart, not terribly entrepreneurial, and risk adverse whether by nature or by training.

Wouldnít the market recover? itís been 4 years of glut
Reply With Quote
  #1648 (permalink)  
Old 01-10-2017, 07:36 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Wouldnít the market recover? itís been 4 years of glut
The legal market in Singapore isn't exactly growing. Even after the glut goes away, it doesn't mean life will suddenly become good for lawyers.
Reply With Quote
  #1649 (permalink)  
Old 02-10-2017, 09:48 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Hello, Iím curious to know if a guy who has gone through NS is paid more than girls in the legal industry? Think thatís the case for all government jobs and many private jobs. If not, should we fight for it?

Donít tell me that there is no reason why a private firm would do this. Itís like a ďnational obligationĒ for employers to take into account a guyís NS years. If firms want to operate in Singapore, this is the price to pay. No reason why law firms should be different.
Reply With Quote
  #1650 (permalink)  
Old 02-10-2017, 10:11 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello, Iím curious to know if a guy who has gone through NS is paid more than girls in the legal industry? Think thatís the case for all government jobs and many private jobs. If not, should we fight for it?

Donít tell me that there is no reason why a private firm would do this. Itís like a ďnational obligationĒ for employers to take into account a guyís NS years. If firms want to operate in Singapore, this is the price to pay. No reason why law firms should be different.
you sure you went to law school?
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
advocate, law, lawyer, legal, solicitor

« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
From Lawyer Insider: Life is Glamorous but Unsatisfying Salary.sg Income and Jobs 31 15-01-2018 12:40 PM

» 30 Recent Threads
Relocating to Singapore with... ( 1 2)
17 Replies, 4,394 Views
Factual Local Bank Salaries - DBS... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
44 Replies, 45,699 Views
Exxon Mobil Equipment tech or... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,760 Replies, 490,596 Views
High Finance Thread ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
44 Replies, 8,230 Views
Civil Service Performance Bonus ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,257 Replies, 1,020,267 Views
Dsta ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
762 Replies, 507,165 Views
Govtech bonus ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
31 Replies, 12,649 Views
MAS : Mid Career Professionals ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
114 Replies, 89,430 Views
Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,771 Replies, 831,352 Views
Compare civil service salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
8,935 Replies, 5,161,769 Views
ST Electronics ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
385 Replies, 171,262 Views
Working in HDB ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
329 Replies, 248,354 Views
anyone working at NCS ? ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
337 Replies, 257,818 Views
What prospective jobs will be...
8 Replies, 860 Views
Constituency Manager (People... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
836 Replies, 419,497 Views
queries about UOB service exec
2 Replies, 270 Views
UOB Management Associate Program ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
243 Replies, 152,012 Views
Lawyer Salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
4,866 Replies, 2,106,843 Views
Heineken APAC Graduate Programme ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
272 Replies, 111,719 Views
DBS BANK Interview replies ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
421 Replies, 251,148 Views
Which degree is the best return on... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
36 Replies, 8,184 Views
Enterprise Singapore hiriing... ( 1 2 3)
24 Replies, 14,859 Views
How is life as a doctor in... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,044 Replies, 817,124 Views
MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,895 Replies, 1,749,388 Views
DBS Graduate Associate Program ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
615 Replies, 310,882 Views
DBS Management Associate Program... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,171 Replies, 203,783 Views
Job offer from Apple ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
313 Replies, 54,203 Views
Anyone jobless for a long time... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,591 Replies, 976,565 Views
Career as Teacher ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,043 Replies, 1,381,934 Views
How much are you earning per annum? ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
11,853 Replies, 3,612,170 Views
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2



All times are GMT +8. The time now is 09:05 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2