Lawyer Salary - Page 1630 - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries




Lawyer Salary

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #16291 (permalink)  
Old 22-03-2022, 03:43 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

I see Fervent Chambers still hiring. $6.5k for first yearer not enough?

Reply With Quote
  #16292 (permalink)  
Old 22-03-2022, 03:57 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
agreed that this does not work
Why not? Which firms does it not work for?

Reply With Quote
  #16293 (permalink)  
Old 22-03-2022, 04:42 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Failing probation

I jumped from my previous firm after spending around a year, currently serving probation. But I highly worry I may fail as it will end soon.

Firm B is very toxic and I donít get along with one of the partners. Pool system, Med sized. Itís getting quite unbearable. Scoldings are weekly. Sometimes daily.

Reply With Quote
  #16294 (permalink)  
Old 22-03-2022, 06:37 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I jumped from my previous firm after spending around a year, currently serving probation. But I highly worry I may fail as it will end soon.

Firm B is very toxic and I donít get along with one of the partners. Pool system, Med sized. Itís getting quite unbearable. Scoldings are weekly. Sometimes daily.
Which firm is this ? Anon forum name and shame pls
Reply With Quote
  #16295 (permalink)  
Old 22-03-2022, 09:25 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Burnt

Not a Chinatown, but in the City Hall area.

Iím approaching my last few weeks before 3 mth Probation Ends. Iím thinking of leaving as the toxicity is getting worse. Partners are mental. They degrade your work. They make unreasonable demands. Personal attacks are getting more. Iíve regretted the move.

Realized practice may not be my thing after all. I used to like practice but Iíve been totally put off by the new firm.

Shall I leave once 3 months is up. Worried about prospective employers.
Reply With Quote
  #16296 (permalink)  
Old 22-03-2022, 11:32 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Not a Chinatown, but in the City Hall area.

Iím approaching my last few weeks before 3 mth Probation Ends. Iím thinking of leaving as the toxicity is getting worse. Partners are mental. They degrade your work. They make unreasonable demands. Personal attacks are getting more. Iíve regretted the move.

Realized practice may not be my thing after all. I used to like practice but Iíve been totally put off by the new firm.

Shall I leave once 3 months is up. Worried about prospective employers.
If you are NQ, just apply elsewhere. Market is hot. Funnily enough in this industry, the bigger the firm usually the less toxicity there is (as a general rule, but there are exceptions). Can try to apply to mid or B4.
Reply With Quote

  #16297 (permalink)  
Old 22-03-2022, 11:39 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
If you are NQ, just apply elsewhere. Market is hot. Funnily enough in this industry, the bigger the firm usually the less toxicity there is (as a general rule, but there are exceptions). Can try to apply to mid or B4.
Big firms have very toxic depts
Reply With Quote
  #16298 (permalink)  
Old 23-03-2022, 12:06 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Big firms have very toxic depts
true that some can even rise to become sc
Reply With Quote
  #16299 (permalink)  
Old 23-03-2022, 12:23 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
true that some can even rise to become sc
Big oof

10char
Reply With Quote
  #16300 (permalink)  
Old 23-03-2022, 01:01 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I see Fervent Chambers still hiring. $6.5k for first yearer not enough?
It's never purely about the money. The thing about joining small firms it that it essentially means tying your career development to the principal lawyer of that practice.

The questions to ask are always: has the principal lawyer built a stellar/good reputation in his area of practice? Is he known to be a good boss? Does he pay well (only 1 of various factors)? When it's time to leave for my next role, will having known to have worked for him, prove to be a boon or a bane to my CV?

These are all principles of general applicability when choosing to join small firms where the branding of the practice isn't institutional, but is intrinsically linked to the principals there. I'm in no way making any comment about Fervent Chambers in particular. Just my general thoughts.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
advocate, law, lawyer, legal, solicitor

« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
From Lawyer Insider: Life is Glamorous but Unsatisfying Salary.sg Income and Jobs 31 15-01-2018 12:40 PM

» 30 Recent Threads
Lawyer Salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
21,483 Replies, 10,917,351 Views
Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
18,736 Replies, 5,604,091 Views
How is life as a doctor in... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
7,630 Replies, 3,678,915 Views
Compare civil service salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
16,535 Replies, 13,024,375 Views
Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
6,607 Replies, 4,029,227 Views
Factual Local Bank Salaries - DBS... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,964 Replies, 1,580,588 Views
DSTA (under Mindef) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,694 Replies, 1,520,113 Views
GovTech ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
6,680 Replies, 2,669,717 Views
PSA International ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
112 Replies, 105,677 Views
Best Stat board/Ministry ( 1 2 3)
25 Replies, 39,553 Views
when you quit how many days do you... ( 1 2)
19 Replies, 7,967 Views
MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
6,130 Replies, 4,965,703 Views
MAS for Mid Career Professionals ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,357 Replies, 1,201,931 Views
Career as Teacher ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
11,831 Replies, 7,270,816 Views
For those with 2-5 YOE, what is... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,209 Replies, 483,475 Views
Rakuten Software Engineer (Fresh... ( 1 2)
14 Replies, 6,766 Views
Roles in accenture singapore ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
8,193 Replies, 2,605,928 Views
ST Electronics ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,973 Replies, 1,716,845 Views
Hospital (Private or Public)... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,004 Replies, 512,236 Views
LTA (Land Transport Authority) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
930 Replies, 495,810 Views
IMDA (under MCI) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,441 Replies, 731,805 Views
JP Morgan ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
215 Replies, 196,135 Views
NCS (SingTel subsidiary) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,591 Replies, 1,275,427 Views
Any Ministry or Statboard still... ( 1 2 3)
29 Replies, 15,048 Views
New Employer asked for CPF...
5 Replies, 19,500 Views
MFA- Foreign Service... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
67 Replies, 91,693 Views
Keppel Associate Programme 2018 ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
42 Replies, 53,287 Views
Salary for JPM Summer Analyst
2 Replies, 215 Views
DSO (under Mindef) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
55 Replies, 72,400 Views
INL Agency? Brand Communication...
6 Replies, 849 Views
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2



All times are GMT +8. The time now is 10:47 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2