Lawyer Salary - Page 1593 - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries




Lawyer Salary

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #15921 (permalink)  
Old 08-02-2022, 04:24 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
In the past, partner was also an aspirational position because regular partner also can buy GCB. Now, wait long. So why strive/suffer.
This is akin to many other professions la, not only the legal industry. Do you see doctors 'made EP' in TTSH, NUH, SGH or even in private hosp? And even if there are, how many are there? They also slog like mad then set up their own clinics if they want

You want equity so much, go join FAANG lor. they give u stock option and you become 'EP'.

Reply With Quote
  #15922 (permalink)  
Old 08-02-2022, 04:59 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
This is akin to many other professions la, not only the legal industry. Do you see doctors 'made EP' in TTSH, NUH, SGH or even in private hosp? And even if there are, how many are there? They also slog like mad then set up their own clinics if they want

You want equity so much, go join FAANG lor. they give u stock option and you become 'EP'.
Sorry this one lawyer thread. You want talk trash go other thread thank you

Reply With Quote
  #15923 (permalink)  
Old 08-02-2022, 05:48 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Great post - very good consideration of the costs and benefits for a young lawyer.
There is no need to fix it since those who will speak up are already gone from the voting register

Reply With Quote
  #15924 (permalink)  
Old 08-02-2022, 05:51 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
s:///Mn9GMEdhSOg

Our dear Law Soc president recently did an interview with Sumiko Tan, and apparently his view is that young lawyers are not concerned with money (????) and because they speak a different language than senior lawyers who received praise through their pay and bonuses (????). Absolutely tone deaf, and does not account for the stagnation of wages and how the average young software engineer is now way better paid than an average young lawyer. If he wants us to be able to handle the abuse and long hours, at least pay us better relative to other sectors.

The attrition concern also primarily comes from losing business to other jurisdictions, thus affecting the rice bowl of senior lawyers. I say to my fellow junior lawyers - hit them where it hurts and fly high and free, away from this conservative and abusive industry.
Haven't we already raised the issues via CNA/BT on abuse but it goes unaddressed or answered with whataboutism?
Reply With Quote
  #15925 (permalink)  
Old 08-02-2022, 06:56 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Haven't we already raised the issues via CNA/BT on abuse but it goes unaddressed or answered with whataboutism?
Guys, do u really think the law firm n partners will change their work schedule, workload, pay n culture for jr lawyers juz bcoz of the press on CNA and BT? They don't have to and they won't.
Reply With Quote
  #15926 (permalink)  
Old 08-02-2022, 10:32 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Guys, do u really think the law firm n partners will change their work schedule, workload, pay n culture for jr lawyers juz bcoz of the press on CNA and BT? They don't have to and they won't.
Yes, the fatcat King of Singapore will drive change in the legal industry. I wait with bated breath,
Reply With Quote

  #15927 (permalink)  
Old 09-02-2022, 12:06 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Yes, the fatcat King of Singapore will drive change in the legal industry. I wait with bated breath,
Did he drive change in tsmp before he became king?

Will he drive change after his tenure ends as king?

Is he trump in disguise carrying a populist message?
Reply With Quote
  #15928 (permalink)  
Old 09-02-2022, 12:40 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Did he drive change in tsmp before he became king?

Will he drive change after his tenure ends as king?

Is he trump in disguise carrying a populist message?
populist message? the reception to his recent messages have been deader than a hillary clinton rally. the only platforms repeating his platitudes are mainstream newspapers.

most junior lawyers are too jaded to care. the ones who care, and who are continuing the discussion on linkedin, are the ones who are no longer in private practice and have fled inhouse.
Reply With Quote
  #15929 (permalink)  
Old 09-02-2022, 07:18 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
populist message? the reception to his recent messages have been deader than a hillary clinton rally. the only platforms repeating his platitudes are mainstream newspapers.

most junior lawyers are too jaded to care. the ones who care, and who are continuing the discussion on linkedin, are the ones who are no longer in private practice and have fled inhouse.
Like that Jonathan mak or muk. How is he in real life?
Reply With Quote
  #15930 (permalink)  
Old 09-02-2022, 10:34 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Fervent chambers fervently hiring

Anyone know hows the culture and pay like?
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
advocate, law, lawyer, legal, solicitor

« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
From Lawyer Insider: Life is Glamorous but Unsatisfying Salary.sg Income and Jobs 31 15-01-2018 12:40 PM

» 30 Recent Threads
Micron starting pay ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
662 Replies, 271,759 Views
How much CPF do u have? ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
66 Replies, 37,591 Views
Lawyer Salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
18,833 Replies, 7,968,211 Views
Singapore Power EDGE Program ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
30 Replies, 7,259 Views
NCS (SingTel subsidiary) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,126 Replies, 801,013 Views
DBS ACE Programme ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
74 Replies, 24,255 Views
Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
5,021 Replies, 2,793,634 Views
How much are you earning per annum? ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
13,557 Replies, 5,654,811 Views
Career as Teacher ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
7,043 Replies, 4,465,584 Views
Shopee fresh grad pay ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
884 Replies, 271,195 Views
Compare civil service salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
15,138 Replies, 10,295,216 Views
GovTech ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,512 Replies, 1,202,587 Views
Singtel Management Associate... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,179 Replies, 408,247 Views
DBS tech seed programme ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,822 Replies, 920,502 Views
MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
5,031 Replies, 3,603,053 Views
Singapore Examination and...
2 Replies, 4,161 Views
IMDA (under MCI) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
474 Replies, 230,634 Views
Singapore LNG Pay
7 Replies, 4,066 Views
DSTA (under Mindef) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,263 Replies, 1,026,048 Views
If you can't find a company here... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
119 Replies, 25,991 Views
UOB Management Associate Program ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,054 Replies, 537,934 Views
Enterprise Singapore hiriing... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
172 Replies, 166,876 Views
ITE Polytechnic Scheme ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
204 Replies, 236,312 Views
Civil Service Performance Bonus ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
4,278 Replies, 3,444,711 Views
ITE (lecturer) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
259 Replies, 300,747 Views
Roles in accenture singapore ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
5,667 Replies, 1,413,094 Views
ST Electronics ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,246 Replies, 1,061,424 Views
AISG (AI Singapore)
0 Replies, 107 Views
BCA (Building and Construction...
0 Replies, 116 Views
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2



All times are GMT +8. The time now is 04:10 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2023, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2