Lawyer Salary - Page 1573 - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries




Lawyer Salary

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #15721 (permalink)  
Old 29-01-2022, 01:42 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Ya bro my delisted uni better than NUS dun cry leh Mofo prefer me
copium
10char

Reply With Quote
  #15722 (permalink)  
Old 29-01-2022, 01:55 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Iím not sure why any of this is surprising or why anyone would believe for a second that any Non-Oxbridge school is anywhere close to being on par with our local universities. Look at the Supreme Court bench, which is undeniably the best and barometer of where our top legal talent comes from. An overwhelming number were from NUS, with a few from Oxbridge and only a couple from any other university. Anyone who claims to celebrate their non-Oxbridge overseas university as being ďas good as NUSĒ is just revealing their own obvious insecurities about where they got their LLB. Doubly so for delisted universities. There are exceptions to be sure but the stats donít lie.
Good speech from a 2.2!

Reply With Quote
  #15723 (permalink)  
Old 29-01-2022, 02:59 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Hello, thoughts on NUS JD vs SMU JD? And is it worth it to forfeit the 5.5k deposit for SMU JD if offered a place at NUS?

Reply With Quote
  #15724 (permalink)  
Old 29-01-2022, 03:21 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello, thoughts on NUS JD vs SMU JD? And is it worth it to forfeit the 5.5k deposit for SMU JD if offered a place at NUS?
Err u sure u wanna go for JD? When u grad, need to be a trainee for a year at a meagre pay sia. Some don even pay
Reply With Quote
  #15725 (permalink)  
Old 29-01-2022, 03:27 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Err u sure u wanna go for JD? When u grad, need to be a trainee for a year at a meagre pay sia. Some don even pay
Aiming to be a LSO.
Reply With Quote
  #15726 (permalink)  
Old 29-01-2022, 03:43 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Aiming to be a LSO.
Dont be LSO la. Second in prestige to AO. I sincerely believe any law grad who is LSO has the basic calibre and a fair shot to be in Admin Service. Just that they took the more difficult path. Effort > reward.
Reply With Quote

  #15727 (permalink)  
Old 29-01-2022, 04:14 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Iím not sure why any of this is surprising or why anyone would believe for a second that any Non-Oxbridge school is anywhere close to being on par with our local universities. Look at the Supreme Court bench, which is undeniably the best and barometer of where our top legal talent comes from. An overwhelming number were from NUS, with a few from Oxbridge and only a couple from any other university. Anyone who claims to celebrate their non-Oxbridge overseas university as being ďas good as NUSĒ is just revealing their own obvious insecurities about where they got their LLB. Doubly so for delisted universities. There are exceptions to be sure but the stats donít lie.
Lol. Whee Singapore the biggest market and barometer for the universe. Anyone still talking about uni 3 years out of uni is just revealing their own obvious insecurities about their present abilities.
Reply With Quote
  #15728 (permalink)  
Old 29-01-2022, 04:24 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Lol. Whee Singapore the biggest market and barometer for the universe. Anyone still talking about uni 3 years out of uni is just revealing their own obvious insecurities about their present abilities.
The ".sg" on this website indicates that this is a forum for Singapore...
Reply With Quote
  #15729 (permalink)  
Old 29-01-2022, 04:35 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
The ".sg" on this website indicates that this is a forum for Singapore...
This is about PRACTICE!!!!!!!!!
Reply With Quote
  #15730 (permalink)  
Old 29-01-2022, 04:55 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Dont be LSO la. Second in prestige to AO. I sincerely believe any law grad who is LSO has the basic calibre and a fair shot to be in Admin Service. Just that they took the more difficult path. Effort > reward.
Might as well say donít join practice but everyone with FCH or 2.1 apply to be AO instead. Nonsense and utterly useless advice.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
advocate, law, lawyer, legal, solicitor

« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
From Lawyer Insider: Life is Glamorous but Unsatisfying Salary.sg Income and Jobs 31 15-01-2018 12:40 PM

» 30 Recent Threads
MOH Holdings ( 1 2)
15 Replies, 14,238 Views
UOB Management Associate Program ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,077 Replies, 544,985 Views
GovTech ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,529 Replies, 1,216,684 Views
Civil Service Performance Bonus ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
4,287 Replies, 3,464,858 Views
How much are you earning per annum? ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
13,593 Replies, 5,682,909 Views
Comp Science Frsh Grad Salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
662 Replies, 208,827 Views
IMDA (under MCI) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
481 Replies, 236,627 Views
DBS tech seed programme ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,858 Replies, 934,767 Views
Career as Teacher ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
7,067 Replies, 4,499,312 Views
Lawyer Salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
18,871 Replies, 8,027,463 Views
Engineer Pay ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
551 Replies, 322,734 Views
Working in SMRT ( 1 2 3)
25 Replies, 34,739 Views
Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
5,059 Replies, 2,814,698 Views
Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
9,938 Replies, 3,405,283 Views
Roles in accenture singapore ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
5,689 Replies, 1,431,742 Views
HTX (Home Team Science and... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
97 Replies, 67,833 Views
MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
5,054 Replies, 3,624,862 Views
Process Technician/Operation... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
173 Replies, 213,813 Views
Schneider Electric - EGP (Grad... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
93 Replies, 65,613 Views
Micron starting pay ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
667 Replies, 276,839 Views
MasterCard Graduate Developement... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
84 Replies, 55,923 Views
NCS (SingTel subsidiary) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,129 Replies, 807,196 Views
Changi Airport Group ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
463 Replies, 512,965 Views
Factual Local Bank Salaries - DBS... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,104 Replies, 809,251 Views
DSTA (under Mindef) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,265 Replies, 1,031,730 Views
Job Application with MOE... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
456 Replies, 481,288 Views
Compare Your Annual Income ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
39 Replies, 11,478 Views
DBS ACE Programme ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
80 Replies, 25,751 Views
Work culture in IHiS ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
400 Replies, 308,824 Views
Compilation of MAs/Analysts Gross... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,183 Replies, 516,669 Views
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2



All times are GMT +8. The time now is 02:52 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2023, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2