Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Lawyer Salary (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/771-lawyer-salary.html)

Unregistered 29-01-2022 01:18 AM

Is there any tele chat for NUS grads to gossip and rant about grads from other unis/overseas unis?

Unregistered 29-01-2022 03:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 200175)
LOL no need to be obsessed with working with delisted lawyers. If you're good, you're good. If you're not, you're not. Practice will separate those who can make it and those who cannot.

But they can't practise after the 2016 batch

Unregistered 29-01-2022 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 200195)
Is there any tele chat for NUS grads to gossip and rant about grads from other unis/overseas unis?

Yep, but seeing as you're asking here, you're clearly not going to get access

Unregistered 29-01-2022 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 200175)
LOL no need to be obsessed with working with delisted lawyers. If you're good, you're good. If you're not, you're not. Practice will separate those who can make it and those who cannot.

Btw, these are the percentages of overseas grads in the most recent 2022 partner class in 3 of the Big 4s respectively (Drew hasn't announced yet). Can draw your own conclusions (if there's indeed any to be drawn):

WP: 1 out of 10 (10%)
R&T: 4 out of 9 (44%)
A&G: 7 out of 13 (54%)

Oh wow yeah, i took a gander at their profiles. Just to add on, absolutely none of these partners came from delisted unis. Curiously, Nottingham grads seem to have done well relative to their reputations, out of all the other non-Oxbridge non-London schools still on the list.

Unregistered 29-01-2022 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 199590)
Will Baker Singapore follow Baker US in matching the US$215k Milbank scale?

Wait long long hahaha this year our local SG firm increase pay, Baker won’t move up one

Unregistered 29-01-2022 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 200224)
Oh wow yeah, i took a gander at their profiles. Just to add on, absolutely none of these partners came from delisted unis. Curiously, Nottingham grads seem to have done well relative to their reputations, out of all the other non-Oxbridge non-London schools still on the list.

I’m not sure why any of this is surprising or why anyone would believe for a second that any Non-Oxbridge school is anywhere close to being on par with our local universities. Look at the Supreme Court bench, which is undeniably the best and barometer of where our top legal talent comes from. An overwhelming number were from NUS, with a few from Oxbridge and only a couple from any other university. Anyone who claims to celebrate their non-Oxbridge overseas university as being “as good as NUS” is just revealing their own obvious insecurities about where they got their LLB. Doubly so for delisted universities. There are exceptions to be sure but the stats don’t lie.

Unregistered 29-01-2022 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 200231)
I’m not sure why any of this is surprising or why anyone would believe for a second that any Non-Oxbridge school is anywhere close to being on par with our local universities. Look at the Supreme Court bench, which is undeniably the best and barometer of where our top legal talent comes from. An overwhelming number were from NUS, with a few from Oxbridge and only a couple from any other university. Anyone who claims to celebrate their non-Oxbridge overseas university as being “as good as NUS” is just revealing their own obvious insecurities about where they got their LLB. Doubly so for delisted universities. There are exceptions to be sure but the stats don’t lie.

My delisted school is as good as NUS

Unregistered 29-01-2022 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 200224)
Oh wow yeah, i took a gander at their profiles. Just to add on, absolutely none of these partners came from delisted unis.

"It's all about Practice!!!!"

Unregistered 29-01-2022 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 200231)

Delisted FCH better than NUS 2.1

Unregistered 29-01-2022 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 200235)
Delisted FCH better than NUS 2.1

Ya bro my delisted uni better than NUS dun cry leh Mofo prefer me