Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Lawyer Salary (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/771-lawyer-salary.html)

Unregistered 28-01-2022 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 199975)
Good firm, good work. None.

seems dodgy to me, i feel like they collect young male partners (on a commission basis i believe) who are looking to build a practice but are not as experienced as they make themselves out to be, and market them as if they are so that it looks like they have a large practice

Unregistered 28-01-2022 08:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 200080)
seems dodgy to me, i feel like they collect young male partners (on a commission basis i believe) who are looking to build a practice but are not as experienced as they make themselves out to be, and market them as if they are so that it looks like they have a large practice

Want to second this opinion. There are many so called 'partners' out there, are actually senior associates. This happens for small firms where the partner title is just there for show. Their experience, comp and ben, workload r not diff from senior associates. Externally, they call themselves partner (as seen in their email signature)), but internally they r just senior associates

Unregistered 28-01-2022 08:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 200117)
Want to second this opinion. There are many so called 'partners' out there, are actually senior associates. This happens for small firms where the partner title is just there for show. Their experience, comp and ben, workload r not diff from senior associates. Externally, they call themselves partner (as seen in their email signature)), but internally they r just senior associates

lf you think Big 4 junior partners aren't like senior associates too, I have got news for you.

Unregistered 28-01-2022 10:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 200122)
lf you think Big 4 junior partners aren't like senior associates too, I have got news for you.

Anyone knows the exact pay for JP-1 and JP-2 ?

I hear it’s about 15k-16k for a certain B4.

Unregistered 28-01-2022 10:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 200122)

Isn't the difference that JPs can take the lead on smaller (but still larger) cases, whereas SA's cannot. So they are still the biggest fish for particular cases, which contrasts with SAs who will always be (at least) 2nd chair on any case or deal.

Unregistered 28-01-2022 10:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 200149)
Anyone knows the exact pay for JP-1 and JP-2 ?

I hear it’s about 15k-16k for a certain B4.

10charrr

Unregistered 28-01-2022 10:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 200152)
10charrr

No. B4 senior assocs at year 6 are already around 13k.

Unregistered 28-01-2022 11:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 200079)
Hey bro, we all work together here at this firm. Come join us since you are from the same uni. DM me.

Which firm has the most delisted?

Unregistered 29-01-2022 12:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 200157)
Which firm has the most delisted?

LOL no need to be obsessed with working with delisted lawyers. If you're good, you're good. If you're not, you're not. Practice will separate those who can make it and those who cannot.

Btw, these are the percentages of overseas grads in the most recent 2022 partner class in 3 of the Big 4s respectively (Drew hasn't announced yet). Can draw your own conclusions (if there's indeed any to be drawn):

WP: 1 out of 10 (10%)
R&T: 4 out of 9 (44%)
A&G: 7 out of 13 (54%)

Unregistered 29-01-2022 12:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 200175)
LOL no need to be obsessed with working with delisted lawyers. If you're good, you're good. If you're not, you're not. Practice will separate those who can make it and those who cannot.

Btw, these are the percentages of overseas grads in the most recent 2022 partner class in 3 of the Big 4s respectively (Drew hasn't announced yet). Can draw your own conclusions (if there's indeed any to be drawn):

WP: 1 out of 10 (10%)
R&T: 4 out of 9 (44%)
A&G: 7 out of 13 (54%)

Ya don’t worry, if you are a gem you will shine in long kang too