Lawyer Salary - Page 1559 - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries




Lawyer Salary

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #15581 (permalink)  
Old 25-01-2022, 03:10 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am delisted me kowtow to Oxbridge. They satki sia

No i rejected Oxbridge for delisted
Me take ur advicr since u say one bro u say they **** same college then got smell

Mother sell hdb i muz make sure no smell

Reply With Quote
  #15582 (permalink)  
Old 25-01-2022, 03:50 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
All the while delisted uni also need 3 A Level As, with some requiring one UK A*.
33 IB oso can

Reply With Quote
  #15583 (permalink)  
Old 25-01-2022, 08:25 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

All the talks about associate pay and work hours but I donít see anyone talking about the training phase? Wouldnít that be a barrier for aspiring lawyers and the retention of talent? Correct me if Iím wrong, the pay for trainees are the same as it were 10-15 years ago. There are even people not paying trainees. Why isnít this an issue to be addressed? Surely being paid 10 cents on the dollar, while being worked equally hard, will affect oneís mindset in staying in the industry.

Reply With Quote
  #15584 (permalink)  
Old 25-01-2022, 09:58 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
All the talks about associate pay and work hours but I donít see anyone talking about the training phase? Wouldnít that be a barrier for aspiring lawyers and the retention of talent? Correct me if Iím wrong, the pay for trainees are the same as it were 10-15 years ago. There are even people not paying trainees. Why isnít this an issue to be addressed? Surely being paid 10 cents on the dollar, while being worked equally hard, will affect oneís mindset in staying in the industry.
Actually all the talks about pay and work hours. I would like to share that the legal industry is 1 of the very few industries that has little age discrimination (ageism) issue. In essence, old is gold in the legal industry and hence you are well-regarded esp when you have 15+, 20+ years old experience in certain areas of law. Not forgetting that the legal industry in relatively tardy when it comes to digital transformation and many other advancement. That means lawyers can stick to their old dog skills and no need much upgrade. PS: The founder of my previous law firm doesn't even know how to use Whatsapp and needs his staff to type for him - he's in his 60s btw. And my current partner has even templated her strategy, argument for liti used for the past 10 years

In legal --> old is gold
In many other industries, old is mold. You try to seek a job in your 50s and 99.99% chance you will have doors slammed in your face. You are old, useless, intractable and probably slow.

So yes, while the pay is low, the trajectory is longer than others. Graduates nowadays just wanna easy way out and think that money grows on trees.
Reply With Quote
  #15585 (permalink)  
Old 25-01-2022, 10:11 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
All the talks about associate pay and work hours but I donít see anyone talking about the training phase? Wouldnít that be a barrier for aspiring lawyers and the retention of talent? Correct me if Iím wrong, the pay for trainees are the same as it were 10-15 years ago. There are even people not paying trainees. Why isnít this an issue to be addressed? Surely being paid 10 cents on the dollar, while being worked equally hard, will affect oneís mindset in staying in the industry.
Delisted schools flooding the market so they could afford to underpay the people who actually studied law
Reply With Quote
  #15586 (permalink)  
Old 25-01-2022, 10:17 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Actually all the talks about pay and work hours. I would like to share that the legal industry is 1 of the very few industries that has little age discrimination (ageism) issue. In essence, old is gold in the legal industry and hence you are well-regarded esp when you have 15+, 20+ years old experience in certain areas of law. Not forgetting that the legal industry in relatively tardy when it comes to digital transformation and many other advancement. That means lawyers can stick to their old dog skills and no need much upgrade. PS: The founder of my previous law firm doesn't even know how to use Whatsapp and needs his staff to type for him - he's in his 60s btw. And my current partner has even templated her strategy, argument for liti used for the past 10 years

In legal --> old is gold
In many other industries, old is mold. You try to seek a job in your 50s and 99.99% chance you will have doors slammed in your face. You are old, useless, intractable and probably slow.

So yes, while the pay is low, the trajectory is longer than others. Graduates nowadays just wanna easy way out and think that money grows on trees.
Super well-written. This should be a commentary
Reply With Quote

  #15587 (permalink)  
Old 25-01-2022, 11:40 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered
my current partner has even templated her strategy, argument for liti used for the past 10 years

In legal --> old is gold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered
Super well-written. This should be a commentary
You love to see it
Reply With Quote
  #15588 (permalink)  
Old 25-01-2022, 12:00 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Actually all the talks about pay and work hours. I would like to share that the legal industry is 1 of the very few industries that has little age discrimination (ageism) issue. In essence, old is gold in the legal industry and hence you are well-regarded esp when you have 15+, 20+ years old experience in certain areas of law. Not forgetting that the legal industry in relatively tardy when it comes to digital transformation and many other advancement. That means lawyers can stick to their old dog skills and no need much upgrade. PS: The founder of my previous law firm doesn't even know how to use Whatsapp and needs his staff to type for him - he's in his 60s btw. And my current partner has even templated her strategy, argument for liti used for the past 10 years

In legal --> old is gold
In many other industries, old is mold. You try to seek a job in your 50s and 99.99% chance you will have doors slammed in your face. You are old, useless, intractable and probably slow.

So yes, while the pay is low, the trajectory is longer than others. Graduates nowadays just wanna easy way out and think that money grows on trees.
You see that one(1) 60 year old balding lawyer who doesn't know how to use whatsapp.
But you don't see five (5) of his or her equally old,equally clueless at tech 60 year old nus law school classmates who have been ejected from the profession through attrition. Likely running some bakery or restaurant somewhere or cleaning some toilets
Reply With Quote
  #15589 (permalink)  
Old 25-01-2022, 12:20 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
You see that one(1) 60 year old balding lawyer who doesn't know how to use whatsapp.
But you don't see five (5) of his or her equally old,equally clueless at tech 60 year old nus law school classmates who have been ejected from the profession through attrition. Likely running some bakery or restaurant somewhere or cleaning some toilets
I think what the other post means was that the person, if willing to stay in the legal industry, should and can have a longer career path than those in other industries.

So for those who aren't lawyers through attrition, we have to see if (s)he willingly gives up law for other jobs. He or she, if willing to stay in law, can go to other smaller firms or start a law firm in chinatown. Fortis Law founder said that many of his solo practitioners friend in Chinatown earn 15k-20k per month (but still need to do networking, ads and linkedin marketing to get clients). But hey, all these for 15k - 20k. You dont wanna do ads, network and still expect 15k/month salary? aiyoooo
Reply With Quote
  #15590 (permalink)  
Old 25-01-2022, 12:40 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Actually all the talks about pay and work hours. I would like to share that the legal industry is 1 of the very few industries that has little age discrimination (ageism) issue. In essence, old is gold in the legal industry and hence you are well-regarded esp when you have 15+, 20+ years old experience in certain areas of law. Not forgetting that the legal industry in relatively tardy when it comes to digital transformation and many other advancement. That means lawyers can stick to their old dog skills and no need much upgrade. PS: The founder of my previous law firm doesn't even know how to use Whatsapp and needs his staff to type for him - he's in his 60s btw. And my current partner has even templated her strategy, argument for liti used for the past 10 years

In legal --> old is gold
In many other industries, old is mold. You try to seek a job in your 50s and 99.99% chance you will have doors slammed in your face. You are old, useless, intractable and probably slow.

So yes, while the pay is low, the trajectory is longer than others. Graduates nowadays just wanna easy way out and think that money grows on trees.
Totally agreeee
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
advocate, law, lawyer, legal, solicitor

« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
From Lawyer Insider: Life is Glamorous but Unsatisfying Salary.sg Income and Jobs 31 15-01-2018 12:40 PM

» 30 Recent Threads
Roles in accenture singapore ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
4,252 Replies, 873,505 Views
Cybersecurity/Info security career ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
437 Replies, 107,277 Views
Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
4,332 Replies, 2,229,501 Views
Lawyer Salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
16,856 Replies, 6,230,135 Views
SIM-UOL fresh grad starting pay ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
6,495 Replies, 1,969,718 Views
Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
7,685 Replies, 2,249,429 Views
DBS tech seed programme ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,003 Replies, 521,291 Views
Marriott International
0 Replies, 53 Views
Civil Service Performance Bonus ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,841 Replies, 2,795,984 Views
Internship tips
5 Replies, 208 Views
Career as Teacher ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
5,429 Replies, 3,373,003 Views
HSBC Bank ( 1 2 3)
28 Replies, 57,748 Views
High Finance Thread ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
872 Replies, 224,344 Views
NUS (National University of... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
199 Replies, 158,858 Views
IMDA (under MCI) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
310 Replies, 138,490 Views
UOB Management Associate Program ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
854 Replies, 390,434 Views
PSA International ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
86 Replies, 23,830 Views
GovTech ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,992 Replies, 787,449 Views
Hospital (Private or Public)... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
163 Replies, 61,369 Views
MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
4,585 Replies, 3,023,887 Views
Micron starting pay ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
352 Replies, 138,498 Views
ST Engineering Aerospace ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
34 Replies, 35,771 Views
Mapletree Investments
7 Replies, 14,367 Views
is this tech job normal? ( 1 2 3)
26 Replies, 3,693 Views
Need some advice if I should early... ( 1 2 3)
25 Replies, 1,067 Views
Htx ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
76 Replies, 25,080 Views
Compare civil service salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
14,011 Replies, 8,679,157 Views
CSA (Cyber Security Agency) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
547 Replies, 187,985 Views
How is life as a doctor in... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,913 Replies, 1,863,343 Views
dealing with freelance investor
9 Replies, 3,411 Views
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2



All times are GMT +8. The time now is 07:06 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2