Lawyer Salary - Page 1555 - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries




Lawyer Salary

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #15541 (permalink)  
Old 22-01-2022, 01:56 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Any thoughts on dating in the profession? Iíve dated quite a few in the profession and always found those in the profession to be quite demanding and ridiculously high maintenance. Iíve only dated one outside the profession so frankly I donít have enough of a sample size for comparison but wonder if itís just my luck. Am asking because thereís someone I know who I think is really really hot but Iím also concerned about my past experiences.
ďVanessa, if anyone ever asks me in my life what my nightmares look and sound like, Iím gonna refer to that.Ē

Reply With Quote
  #15542 (permalink)  
Old 22-01-2022, 02:08 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Any thoughts on dating in the profession? Iíve dated quite a few in the profession and always found those in the profession to be quite demanding and ridiculously high maintenance. Iíve only dated one outside the profession so frankly I donít have enough of a sample size for comparison but wonder if itís just my luck. Am asking because thereís someone I know who I think is really really hot but Iím also concerned about my past experiences.
From my experience, date outside the profession and industry. No matter how hot he or she is, lawyering work is gonna wear him or her out much faster than other profession. And if he or she has temper management issues, u r just asking to be abused emotionally, physically and verbally. Plus, pay has been stagnant for X number of years. So if you want to have a big family living in landed property or high end condo, it translates into higher living cost. You may need to share a proportionally higher responsibility to support Ur family.

Yes it may look good on the outside, u can flaunt around n show off that Ur spouse is a lawyer. But what's the point? Unless u damn narcissistic n need to feed off people's awe and admiration to survive

Reply With Quote
  #15543 (permalink)  
Old 22-01-2022, 03:49 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

How much is SLB paying their3, 4 and 5 PQEs?

Reply With Quote
  #15544 (permalink)  
Old 22-01-2022, 05:37 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
From my experience, date outside the profession and industry. No matter how hot he or she is, lawyering work is gonna wear him or her out much faster than other profession. And if he or she has temper management issues, u r just asking to be abused emotionally, physically and verbally. Plus, pay has been stagnant for X number of years. So if you want to have a big family living in landed property or high end condo, it translates into higher living cost. You may need to share a proportionally higher responsibility to support Ur family.

Yes it may look good on the outside, u can flaunt around n show off that Ur spouse is a lawyer. But what's the point? Unless u damn narcissistic n need to feed off people's awe and admiration to survive
Most of the anecdotes are of the fairer sex. Does this advice apply to male lawyers as well? Anyone with stories to share?
Reply With Quote
  #15545 (permalink)  
Old 22-01-2022, 07:24 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Most of the anecdotes are of the fairer sex. Does this advice apply to male lawyers as well? Anyone with stories to share?
Marry male lawyers means got risk of philandering, going after syt associates or affair with secretary. Or he may keep a side squeeze. Ego + culture of dominance in law firms is a recipe for temptation.

So many anecdotes in law firms including some high profile ones in and out of the fraternity too. Iykyk


Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills
Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills


SG Bus Timing App
SG Bus Timing App - the best bus app - available on iOS and Android


SGX Stocks Android App - check share prices
SGX Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go


SGX Stocks for iPad - check latest Singapore share prices
SGX Stocks [iPad] app
| SGX Stocks [iPhone] app
Reply With Quote
  #15546 (permalink)  
Old 23-01-2022, 09:44 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Howís RHT doing now ah have they stabilized financially
Reply With Quote

  #15547 (permalink)  
Old 23-01-2022, 10:04 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

That phrase "iykyk" basically translates to - this is BS but I'm trying to gaslight you into thinking you're just out of the loop if it doesn't sound familiar to you
Reply With Quote
  #15548 (permalink)  
Old 23-01-2022, 12:11 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
That phrase "iykyk" basically translates to - this is BS but I'm trying to gaslight you into thinking you're just out of the loop if it doesn't sound familiar to you
Nope. It's means: you're an industry noob who doesn't know anybody or anyone interesting because you spent too much time in the library instead of law school parties, and too much time at your desk instead of hitting the boat quay bars drinking whisky with the other junior assocs
Reply With Quote
  #15549 (permalink)  
Old 23-01-2022, 03:07 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Nope. It's means: you're an industry noob who doesn't know anybody or anyone interesting because you spent too much time in the library instead of law school parties, and too much time at your desk instead of hitting the boat quay bars drinking whisky with the other junior assocs
Yucks boat quay bars. What a pleb.
Reply With Quote
  #15550 (permalink)  
Old 23-01-2022, 07:43 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Howís RHT doing now ah have they stabilized financially
Were/are they in dire financial straits? Haven't they recently moved to shiny new digs (Paya Lebar Quarter)?
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
advocate, law, lawyer, legal, solicitor

« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
From Lawyer Insider: Life is Glamorous but Unsatisfying Salary.sg Income and Jobs 31 15-01-2018 12:40 PM

» 30 Recent Threads
Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
7,679 Replies, 2,247,712 Views
Civil Service Performance Bonus ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,841 Replies, 2,795,166 Views
Roles in accenture singapore ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
4,249 Replies, 872,325 Views
Internship tips
5 Replies, 168 Views
DBS tech seed programme ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,002 Replies, 520,398 Views
Career as Teacher ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
5,429 Replies, 3,372,376 Views
HSBC Bank ( 1 2 3)
28 Replies, 57,713 Views
High Finance Thread ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
872 Replies, 224,053 Views
SIM-UOL fresh grad starting pay ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
6,494 Replies, 1,969,349 Views
NUS (National University of... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
199 Replies, 158,817 Views
IMDA (under MCI) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
310 Replies, 138,386 Views
UOB Management Associate Program ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
854 Replies, 390,196 Views
Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
4,331 Replies, 2,228,763 Views
Lawyer Salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
16,854 Replies, 6,227,653 Views
PSA International ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
86 Replies, 23,780 Views
GovTech ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,992 Replies, 786,464 Views
Hospital (Private or Public)... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
163 Replies, 61,334 Views
MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
4,585 Replies, 3,023,411 Views
Micron starting pay ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
352 Replies, 138,352 Views
ST Engineering Aerospace ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
34 Replies, 35,755 Views
Mapletree Investments
7 Replies, 14,354 Views
is this tech job normal? ( 1 2 3)
26 Replies, 3,628 Views
Need some advice if I should early... ( 1 2 3)
25 Replies, 1,022 Views
Htx ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
76 Replies, 24,972 Views
Compare civil service salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
14,011 Replies, 8,677,444 Views
CSA (Cyber Security Agency) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
547 Replies, 187,908 Views
How is life as a doctor in... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,913 Replies, 1,863,028 Views
dealing with freelance investor
9 Replies, 3,406 Views
Compilation of MAs/Analysts Gross... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,047 Replies, 357,276 Views
ST Electronics ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,734 Replies, 817,767 Views
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2



All times are GMT +8. The time now is 11:26 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2