Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Lawyer Salary (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/771-lawyer-salary.html)

Unregistered 01-01-2022 09:47 PM

Remember to call up your Cambridge or Oxford law friends this new year to socialize or just catch up. You never know what it leads to in future.
Think of it as investing in your future.

Unregistered 01-01-2022 11:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 196085)
Remember to call up your Cambridge or Oxford law friends this new year to socialize or just catch up. You never know what it leads to in future.
Think of it as investing in your future.

They're all in the UK unless JLC. I think a Skype call works.

Unregistered 01-01-2022 11:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 196044)
You can always try, but the amount of ppl who can internally transfer is low. If you're a good worker, your boss will want to keep you in their dept. They'll only recommend you if you're (a) a problem worker, or (b) on very good terms with them and have expressed strong interest in the other field (which then begs the question what you're doing at their dept at all).

Most people take the opportunity to jump out to a diff firm, fresh start fresh firm, instead of begging for a chance to change (and hoping you catch your bosses at a time where there is an oversupply in your dept, combined with a demand for NQ or inexperienced lawyers in another dept.

Correct but only in the instance where the partner you work for does not care about his internal reputation or has no relations/hates the partner you are transferring to.

I agree with the second paragraph but it may disclose a lack of commitment.

Unregistered 02-01-2022 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 196091)
They're all in the UK unless JLC. I think a Skype call works.

The most outstanding oxford cambridge grads are now in SG offices of whiteshoe / magic circle. Those really ups i must call them wish happy new yr

Unregistered 02-01-2022 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 196029)
I'm from Aus I second this.

So am I! Do you know which firm is friendly to foreign lawyers and there is good progression? I am guessing more international types rather than the large local ones? Thanks!

Unregistered 02-01-2022 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 196106)
The most outstanding oxford cambridge grads are now in SG offices of whiteshoe / magic circle. Those really ups i must call them wish happy new yr

I just did for close RI friends from Oxbridge. Sent a couple of messages to mere acquaintances from Oxbridge as well.

Unregistered 02-01-2022 12:20 PM

Quote:

The most outstanding ones stay in UK/US. Nobody goes to the SG office by choice (unless they really really miss home).

Unregistered 02-01-2022 01:41 PM

Quote:

You mean the below average to top Oxbridge grads? Yup

Unregistered 02-01-2022 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 196111)
So am I! Do you know which firm is friendly to foreign lawyers and there is good progression? I am guessing more international types rather than the large local ones? Thanks!

Fervant Chambers

Unregistered 02-01-2022 01:46 PM

Happy New Year, trolls