Lawyer Salary - Page 1320 - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries




Lawyer Salary

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #13191 (permalink)  
Old 27-08-2021, 12:42 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
LOL you guys really love to **** on B4 - the work hours are **** and the partners are terrible but the pay is not that bad. The above is correct for NQ and 1PQE but way too low for everything else. 4PQE(SA) will be pulling close to 12k.
Thanks. Have revised it taking into account the contributions from fellow readers. Also, can I check what's the rough bonus that can be expected in a big 4? Is it fairly standard across PQEs (ie 1 month)?

NQ: 5,500
1PQE: 6,500
2PQE: 8,000
3PQE: 9,500
4PQE(SA): 11,000 to 12,000
5PQE(SA) : 12,000 to 14,000
6PQE(JP) :14,000+

Its good to be empowered with such info, which is quite transparent in the UK but rather opaque here in SG.

As for all the talks about the pay disparity, well I trust everyone would largely agree that life is never always fair. More can be done to bridge the gap between local and int firms, such as further liberalising the landscape, but that's a topic for another day. At the end of the day, I think its important that we go in with our eyes open, and be empowered with the info, whether or not we agree with the practices is something else.



Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills
Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills


SG Bus Timing App
SG Bus Timing App - the best bus app - available on iOS and Android


SGX Stocks Android App - check share prices
SGX Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go


SGX Stocks for iPad - check latest Singapore share prices
SGX Stocks [iPad] app
| SGX Stocks [iPhone] app
Reply With Quote
  #13192 (permalink)  
Old 27-08-2021, 01:09 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
that's a topic for another day. At the end of the day, I think its important that we go in with our eyes open, and be empowered with the info, whether or not we agree with the practices is something else.
hoo ru to tell me wad topic es 4 2day or anoder day
hoo ru to say tad dis info s empowerin
itz depressin af

Reply With Quote
  #13193 (permalink)  
Old 27-08-2021, 01:17 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

uk peepur onli lockstep trainee and 1y 2y pay.
u lockstep until JP. and equal 2 oter peepur NQ pay. den u ask y peepur don wan publish dis list.

Reply With Quote
  #13194 (permalink)  
Old 27-08-2021, 01:30 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Thanks. Have revised it taking into account the contributions from fellow readers. Also, can I check what's the rough bonus that can be expected in a big 4? Is it fairly standard across PQEs (ie 1 month)?

NQ: 5,500
1PQE: 6,500
2PQE: 8,000
3PQE: 9,500
4PQE(SA): 11,000 to 12,000
5PQE(SA) : 12,000 to 14,000
6PQE(JP) :14,000+

Its good to be empowered with such info, which is quite transparent in the UK but rather opaque here in SG.

As for all the talks about the pay disparity, well I trust everyone would largely agree that life is never always fair. More can be done to bridge the gap between local and int firms, such as further liberalising the landscape, but that's a topic for another day. At the end of the day, I think its important that we go in with our eyes open, and be empowered with the info, whether or not we agree with the practices is something else.
Yes, looks about right now. 5 - 6 PQE is a bit of a blackbox - lockstep usually ends there because there is such a scarcity of senior associates at that level.

Also, you dont make JP at 6 PQE. You make it at 7 if you're a good performer and 8 - 9 if you're on track but not excellent.
Reply With Quote
  #13195 (permalink)  
Old 27-08-2021, 01:31 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Yes, looks about right now. 5 - 6 PQE is a bit of a blackbox - lockstep usually ends there because there is such a scarcity of senior associates at that level.

Also, you dont make JP at 6 PQE. You make it at 7 if you're a good performer and 8 - 9 if you're on track but not excellent.
Sorry, missed your question on bonus. Bonus is very very variable, between and within each B4 firm. 1-3 months is the usual range, but I've heard of it going up to 6 for some liti teams.
Reply With Quote
  #13196 (permalink)  
Old 27-08-2021, 01:38 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
TC should be 8-10k . NQ about 14k, 1PQE about 16k.

interesting. higher than cc?
Reply With Quote

  #13197 (permalink)  
Old 27-08-2021, 02:54 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Thanks. Have revised it taking into account the contributions from fellow readers. Also, can I check what's the rough bonus that can be expected in a big 4? Is it fairly standard across PQEs (ie 1 month)?

NQ: 5,500
1PQE: 6,500
2PQE: 8,000
3PQE: 9,500
4PQE(SA): 11,000 to 12,000
5PQE(SA) : 12,000 to 14,000
6PQE(JP) :14,000+

Its good to be empowered with such info, which is quite transparent in the UK but rather opaque here in SG.

As for all the talks about the pay disparity, well I trust everyone would largely agree that life is never always fair. More can be done to bridge the gap between local and int firms, such as further liberalising the landscape, but that's a topic for another day. At the end of the day, I think its important that we go in with our eyes open, and be empowered with the info, whether or not we agree with the practices is something else.
Does this apply to outliers like DSC?
Reply With Quote
  #13198 (permalink)  
Old 27-08-2021, 02:55 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Yes, looks about right now. 5 - 6 PQE is a bit of a blackbox - lockstep usually ends there because there is such a scarcity of senior associates at that level.

Also, you dont make JP at 6 PQE. You make it at 7 if you're a good performer and 8 - 9 if you're on track but not excellent.
Scarcity at 5pqe. You all don see the problem nao

2 Jnr Assoc = 1 Snr Assoc
Wai you need SA if you can have 2 JAs for the price

1 SG firm JP = Intl firm NQ
1 SG firm Assoc = Intl firm trainee
1 SG firm trainee = 1 toilet cleaner
Reply With Quote
  #13199 (permalink)  
Old 27-08-2021, 03:12 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Scarcity at 5pqe. You all don see the problem nao

2 Jnr Assoc = 1 Snr Assoc
Wai you need SA if you can have 2 JAs for the price

1 SG firm JP = Intl firm NQ
1 SG firm Assoc = Intl firm trainee
1 SG firm trainee = 1 toilet cleaner
Spoken like a true moron who hasn't actually been on a B4 team and seen what a SA versus a JA does
Reply With Quote
  #13200 (permalink)  
Old 27-08-2021, 03:13 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sorry, missed your question on bonus. Bonus is very very variable, between and within each B4 firm. 1-3 months is the usual range, but I've heard of it going up to 6 for some liti teams.
Thanks a lot! For increments / calculation of PQE, is it on a calendar year basis (every Jan) or based on the month you are called (eg every Aug for those who are called during the mass call)?


Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills
Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills


SG Bus Timing App
SG Bus Timing App - the best bus app - available on iOS and Android


SGX Stocks Android App - check share prices
SGX Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go


SGX Stocks for iPad - check latest Singapore share prices
SGX Stocks [iPad] app
| SGX Stocks [iPhone] app
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
advocate, law, lawyer, legal, solicitor

« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
From Lawyer Insider: Life is Glamorous but Unsatisfying Salary.sg Income and Jobs 31 15-01-2018 12:40 PM

» 30 Recent Threads
Compilation of MAs/Analysts Gross... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
843 Replies, 243,669 Views
How much are you earning per annum? ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
12,856 Replies, 4,479,143 Views
Lawyer Salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
14,856 Replies, 5,043,431 Views
Compare civil service salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
12,946 Replies, 7,653,054 Views
How is life as a doctor in... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,223 Replies, 1,531,998 Views
NUS (National University of... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
141 Replies, 128,441 Views
Career at Keppel
4 Replies, 1,342 Views
NCS (SingTel subsidiary) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
601 Replies, 476,422 Views
Exxon Mobil Equipment tech or... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,930 Replies, 648,224 Views
Cybersecurity/Info security career ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
195 Replies, 50,932 Views
DSTA (under Mindef) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,054 Replies, 774,831 Views
SIA AO grades ( 1 2 3)
23 Replies, 12,545 Views
Year end bonus for civil service ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
341 Replies, 70,804 Views
IMDA (under MCI) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
213 Replies, 81,074 Views
Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
4,061 Replies, 1,878,034 Views
ST Electronics ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,407 Replies, 642,606 Views
Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,946 Replies, 1,510,081 Views
ST Engineering Land Systems ( 1 2 3)
21 Replies, 1,918 Views
MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
4,314 Replies, 2,670,093 Views
Standard Chartered International... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
69 Replies, 78,150 Views
CSA (Cyber Security Agency) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
287 Replies, 117,480 Views
Htx ( 1 2)
13 Replies, 1,859 Views
NE digital
0 Replies, 54 Views
UOB Management Associate Program ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
545 Replies, 308,749 Views
Civil Service Bonus 2021 Year End
5 Replies, 1,272 Views
GovTech ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
709 Replies, 381,544 Views
Top Primary Schools 2009
1 Replies, 4,350 Views
NTU (non-faculty) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
119 Replies, 133,259 Views
DBS tech seed programme ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,256 Replies, 316,099 Views
Career as Teacher ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
4,171 Replies, 2,679,533 Views
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2



All times are GMT +8. The time now is 12:31 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2